• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • the only thing i cant stand about the genies is the fact that tornelos is pure flying. :/

It is really disappointing that the first flying type is .... THAT! I expected something pure, majestic and just totally awesome. And I expected it to have wings... Torlando is an embarrassment to flying types.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • My least favorites:

That stupid effin' genie trio. Seriously some of the worst designs, imo, in the history of the game- and not just because they're all recolors of each other, either. It makes me want to punch whoever designed them.

I'm not a big fan of Tesshido's line- I don't know, its evolution looks way, way, over-the-top. Same with the Shibi line- they just look aesthetically unpleasing.

Oh and the Dokkora line. I hate hate hate- I'm not catching them, that's how much I hate them.

The ones I like:

I love Ranculus' line. They're so so so so so cute :'3

I like Gobitto and its evolution for some reason.

And also Genesect. :D

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • BACK!!! =)

Sorry my people, my fellow Pokemon lovers of all shapes and sizes. Once a big fan of the site, had many a friend, I have returned from the depths of a thing called High School! Anyway, sorry about that, just took the PSAT and it was a heck of a time. Anyway, I am a little cut off about some things about Pokemon, but from my understanding the new Pokemon is supposed to be the second most anticipated game of Pokemon. My friend has the Japanese version and it looks pretty promising! Tepig is my favorite so far =)

The Red Chain

It's been a good while and I thus conclude all the "Unova" Pokemon have grown on me. Yes, even Flounderp.
    Well, except maybe mini-garbage bag and his brother. They receive no love from me, I'm afraid. D;

Yeah the genies are a little redundant sprite wise, but overall they are a fairly new idea to add to the growing collection of Pokemon. I like them to an extent. :D;
    Though Pokemon being so humanoid is a bit irking.. even still, after all the years of being with Mr. Mime and Jynx. That leaves a little less love for Meloetta and the genies by just a bit.
    I say leave that figure to the humans, and let Pokemon be Pokemon, but ey, what can you do~

On another note!
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Masterpiece.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's been a good while and I thus conclude all the "Unova" Pokemon have grown on me. Yes, even Flounderp.
    Well, except maybe mini-garbage bag and his brother. They receive no love from me, I'm afraid. D;

Yeah the genies are a little redundant sprite wise, but overall they are a fairly new idea to add to the growing collection of Pokemon. I like them to an extent. :D;
    Though Pokemon being so humanoid is a bit irking.. even still, after all the years of being with Mr. Mime and Jynx. That leaves a little less love for Meloetta and the genies by just a bit.
    I say leave that figure to the humans, and let Pokemon be Pokemon, but ey, what can you do~

On another note!

Masterpiece.

Cool. I find that to be bambimon's (don't know the name) best forme.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    The Red Chain said:
    i love those two pokemon. idk why everyone hates both them and the ice cream pokes. :/

also, something i forgot to mention before.

fenyx4 said:
    When a Pokemon manages to be a clone and unique simultaneously, IMO, that's when you know you've got a well-designed Pokemon on your hands.
    uhm, i personally dislike when pokemon look too similar. :/ but i feel that buffalon surpasses tauros aesthetically.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • uhm, i personally dislike when pokemon look too similar. :/ but i feel that buffalon surpasses tauros aesthetically.
    Must be because of the afro and his signature move involving it (Afro Break). Statistically, Buffalon is a slower, more bulkier version of Tauros. Aesthetically, I like it better than Tauros; a buffalo with an afro is better than a bull with 3 tails, IMO.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    the crocadile who is round dark, forgot his name. Looks like a beast

King Gumball

Years
  • The pokemon who I would have loved to see as the first pure flying type, instead of that awful genie
    Shinboraa.

it is beautiful, mysterious, majestic, has wings and in my opinion is the strangest pokemon ever created. I think it would have made a the perfect first pure flying.

It reminds me of an American Indian flying God to put on top of one of their totem poles.

And is that an Unown on top of its head?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The pokemon who I would have loved to see as the first pure flying type, instead of that awful genie
    Shinboraa.

it is beautiful, mysterious, majestic, has wings and in my opinion is the strangest pokemon ever created. I think it would have made a the perfect first pure flying.

It reminds me of an American Indian flying God to put on top of one of their totem poles.

It looks like an Unown, yes.

As for the Pokemon itself, I thought it was one of the most bizarre Pokemon in terms of design; it doesn't even look like an ordinary bird.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    ^ That Pokemon up there looks awful. >O
    I don't really see how it could have been a pure flying Pokemon though. Those strange patterns give the feeling of some Psychic or Dark powers! :P It's moveset isn't really impressive either. =(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...yeah I'm not really sure why everyone likes that Pokemon. The design just looks weird, but I do understand why people prefer it over the flying genie, but... even so, imo, the flying genie doesn't really seem like a flying Pokemon, just another genie. D;

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    The pokemon who I would have loved to see as the first pure flying type, instead of that awful genie
    Shinboraa.

I'm with mervyn and Forever on this one. It's a little too unusual for my tastes. I can totally a Native American influence with it's color, but sometimes it just looks a very confusing comb. O_o

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • You people are so mean XD some of these new pokemon are so unloved :'(

Worst trio ever. I think of them as different forms all the time, even though they are different pokemon. They just loom the same. I think of the fighting types as the 'Official' trio for gen 5, the genies aren't even all next to each other in the pokedex. They dont even look good >.> Waste of pokemon space in my opinion.

They're supposed to look the same.

Tornelos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Fuujin
    Voltolos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Raijin
    Landlos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Tsuchijin

Fuujin and Raijin were considered a duo, while Tsuchijin is just in modern crap to accompany the other two while he actually isn't in a trio with them. That's the reason they look similar and are not placed together in the pokedex(this info came from Pokebeach)

Spoiler:

My favorite is Tsutaaja(refuse to call him Snivy) followed by Munna. At least, that's how I think it goes =/ I honestly don't dislike any 5th gen pokemon. I think this gen is the best one ever, and I haven't even played the games yet.

King Gumball

Years
  • They're supposed to look the same.

Tornelos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Fuujin
    Voltolos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Raijin
    Landlos - Based off of the Buddhist diety Tsuchijin

Fuujin and Raijin were considered a duo, while Tsuchijin is just in modern crap to accompany the other two while he actually isn't in a trio with them. That's the reason they look similar and are not placed together in the pokedex(this info came from Pokebeach)

But why do they have to be identical and so ugly, and not different forms instead of different pokemon. Waste of pokemon space/worst pokemon created. Plus one of them is Pure flying. I will never be able to express my hate for them enough :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back