• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    My favorites at the moment are Eunbuoh, Zeburaika, and Swanna. But I do love most of the designs for Gen.V.

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
  • I'm 50/50 on most of them. Some are ridiculous, such as the one who looks like an ice cream. I don't understand why an animal (ok pokemon, but still) would look like a human object? Only things such as steel make sense, saying they were man-made, or created from human objects.

Some are really awesome though. I love the crocs, and most the new bugs look great

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The great thing about Pokemon being based in a fantasy world with fantasy creatures is that it gets to laugh in the face of logic. People seem to forget that many other fantasy worlds have creatures that don't really make sense too, not just pokemon. I don't remember the pokemon series ever swearing to uphold the laws of physics and the sort.

It's like trying to make sense of the universe, you will lose horribly....or your head will implode. Whichever happens first.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    So I have no idea what to bring up since pretty much everything has already been discussed, but lets revisit one of the greatest hits of Gen V: Zuruggu & Zuruzukin.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I must admit that at first I hated them. I thought they were the dopiest pair of roosters when I first saw them. (They're actually a species of reptile.) Eventually my grinchy heart grew twice it's size and I warmed up to them. Now they're two of the cutest/coolest mons of this generation. Their unique typing gives them a great STAB combination. It's been blessed with great defenses and THREE great abilitys; Shed Skin, Moxie, & Intimidate. While it's speed does leave something to desire, it's phenomenal movepool has just the remedy to fix that with Bulk Up & Dragon Dance. These two mons will definitely be great contenders in online battles & battles over hearts. *tear* What's not to love? :cer_love:​

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I have no idea what to bring up since pretty much everything has already been discussed, but lets revisit one of the greatest hits of Gen V: Zuruggu & Zuruzukin.

I must admit that at first I hated them. I thought they were the dopiest pair of roosters when I first saw them. (They're actually a species of reptile.) Eventually my grinchy heart grew twice it's size and I warmed up to them. Now they're on of the cutest/coolest mons of this generation. Their unique typing gives them a great STAB combination. It's been blessed with great defenses and THREE great abilitys; Shed Skin, Moxie, & Intimidate. While it's speed does leave something to desire, it's phenomenal movepool has just the remedy to fix that with Bulk Up & Dragon Dance. These two mons will definitely be great contenders in online battles & battles over hearts. *tear* What's not to love? :cer_love:​
    I thought these guys were "meh" at first, but when I read on their competitive viability, I warmed up to them. Not only that, they're freakin' pimp lizards.

Also, here's a video of Zuruggu/Zuruzukin fanart + a hip-hop mix I found:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    HAAA! I love some of the artwork from that video.
    What really won me over was Zuruggu's animation. I LOL'd when I first saw it. It's so adorable.

Years
  • I hated them at the beginning too. :/ They've grown on me a lot since then. Are they my favorites? Nope. But they aren't too bad. :) Plus they have nice pants.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I guess that happened to mostly everyone because I hated them up till the animations. I saw they were also pretty nice battlers as well. So I love them now. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    /looks at my signature

Ever since I got this signature, I realised how cute Zuruggu really is. I remember my initial thoughts, back when PokeExperto had the artwork by his team and not official art. At that time I was like "ew that's not a Pokemon", but it's a lot better than most other Pokemon that I saw around then.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Everyone should hop on the Zuruggu/Zuruzukin bandwagon.
    Also, did anyone else notice that Zuruggu is like the new Croagunk?

Both are Fighting types, both have dopey expressions, & they go to the same dentist.

Years
  • I never really hated Zuruggu and Zuruzukin when they were first revealed, but I somewhat liked their designs. :3 After a short time, I just ended up loving them somehow. O___. Besides, they're part Fighting (MA FAVORITE TYPE~), and they're ghetto lizards. Now those are some good Pokemon, IMO. :>

EDIT: Actually twistedpuppy, I think it was actually INTENDED for Zuruggu/Zuruzukin to be the new Croagunk/Toxicroak. They are SO similar in appearance, and are both part Fighting.
    I think they're just one of the many "remakes" of the previous generation Pokemon. :B

solarowl

Years
  • Everyone should hop on the Zuruggu/Zuruzukin bandwagon.
    Also, did anyone else notice that Zuruggu is like the new Croagunk?

Both are Fighting types, both have dopey expressions, & they go to the same dentist.
    XD
    I guess they are similar actually. And I like them both, but I like Zuruggu more. :D

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    LOL I actually haven't seen that animation up till now. That's pretty epic. Pokemon with pants, and falling pants at that X3

solarowl

Years
  • When its pants fall down and its arms are in the air, it makes me think it's saying: "Ta-da!" Or,"Look what I can do!"
    XD

Years
  • A lot of the new Pokemon look cute but...so so SO many of them remind me of Digimon for some odd reason or another. It's just the vibe they give off. And those are the ones that don't give me the creeps. xD

Lol, I know exactly what you mean. But eh, you get used to them after a while. They still kinda give of the "Digimon vibe", but they're Pokemon at heart, right? ... .________.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Zuruzukin is quite possibly my favorite 5th gen Pokemon now. I was kinda meh when it was first revealed, but I soon fell in love with it. It's now one of the Pokemon I can't wait to have in my party in March. I love its sagging pants, mohawk, and gangster mentality. B) I'm naming mine Molty.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • digimon had some good designs but they were focused on the "monster" part and many digimons looked outright ferocious. i still enjoy pokemon because its not too serious

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, time for a bit of a bump:

Pendra

I think I did some thoughts on it earlier this thread, so I'll do it again. IMO, it's the best Bug/Poison Pokemon in terms of design and competitive viability. And here's something strange: Pendra is the tallest and heaviest Bug Pokemon (8'02 feet and 442 lbs.), but it's one of the fastest Bug Pokemon at 112 base Speed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back