• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
  • Well, time for a bit of a bump:
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Pendra

I think I did some thoughts on it earlier this thread, so I'll do it again. IMO, it's the best Bug/Poison Pokemon in terms of design and competitive viability. And here's something strange: Pendra is the tallest and heaviest Bug Pokemon (8'02 feet and 442 lbs.), but it's one of the fastest Bug Pokemon at 112 base Speed.

I agree that it is well designed. It is not on the team I have chosen out but it was considered. I like the color balance as well, not ridiculusly bright, but not dull either.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Well, time for a bit of a bump:

Pendra

I think I did some thoughts on it earlier this thread, so I'll do it again. IMO, it's the best Bug/Poison Pokemon in terms of design and competitive viability. And here's something strange: Pendra is the tallest and heaviest Bug Pokemon (8'02 feet and 442 lbs.), but it's one of the fastest Bug Pokemon at 112 base Speed.

I didn't really have an opinion on Pendra before because I hardly use bug types (with the exception of Scyther/Scizor, Heracross, & Forretress), but I'm definitely gonna use this guy on a team. I'm loving it's movepool.

Years
  • Just when I was getting used to the Japanese names, the English ones come out. >_< So much for me trying to remember the Japanese ones...

Getting back to the topic, Pendra's design seems pretty decent to me. I wouldn't say that it is unique though, the concept is just fine. It's base stats aren't very impressive with the exception of speed. The moveset on the other hand is equally poor. If it would have had higher power moves I might have liked it. But right now, Pendra doesn't seem to be a very impressive Pokemon to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011

I had no idea that Shibirudon was that large O_o

I found the comparison on Veekun.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just when I was getting used to the Japanese names, the English ones come out. >_< So much for me trying to remember the Japanese ones...

Getting back to the topic, Pendra's design seems pretty decent to me. I wouldn't say that it is unique though, the concept is just fine. It's base stats aren't very impressive with the exception of speed. The moveset on the other hand is equally poor. If it would have had higher power moves I might have liked it. But right now, Pendra doesn't seem to be a very impressive Pokemon to me.
    Pendra's movepool is actually better compared to its fellow Bug/Poison types. Unlike them, it gets Earthquake to deal with Rocks, Fires and Steels, and Rock Slide to deal with Fliers and Fires. Like Beedrill, Pendra can Baton Pass Swords Dance and Agility, but it can do it faster than Beedrill can.

I do think that Pendra should've been given more Attack, though. I mean, it's a little over 8 feet tall, and base 90 Attack isn't cutting it for me, IMO.

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • Pendra's movepool is actually better compared to its fellow Bug/Poison types. Unlike them, it gets Earthquake to deal with Rocks, Fires and Steels, and Rock Slide to deal with Fliers and Fires. Like Beedrill, Pendra can Baton Pass Swords Dance and Agility, but it can do it faster than Beedrill can.

I do think that Pendra should've been given more Attack, though. I mean, it's a little over 8 feet tall, and base 90 Attack isn't cutting it for me, IMO.

I think a little more Attack would have made sense, given it's size and speed- at the least base 95, or 100/105. But at least it has a great move pool, compared with other bugs. :) It's pretty cool anyways.

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
    Years
  • Just based on looks I feel like that stupid ice cream cone evolution line is pretty awful. That, the pokeball mushrooms, and gears... Could have done without them. Other than that I like the way they look.

Edit:

What a negetive post!

I really like The Genies, Cofagrigus, Dasutodasu, Reuniculus, Shubarugo, Shandera (totally going to be on my team!), Goruugo, and Buffalon (where'd you get yo hurr did?). Eh?

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• I found that line to be most unusual out of the 5th generation Pokemon...I mean, the one thing that stuck out the most to me was: how the heck could that thing fight? o_o; It's literally the only evo line that I've been really uneasy with and have trouble adjusting to even to this day. D:

Yeah AND it is such a powerful pokemon too D: It will take some getting used to for sure. I can't wait for the Anime. I bet a Lickitung will attack it XD

Years
  • Ice cream Pokemon? It wouldn't last in my team for long, even if I get one. Reason? It might be somewhere in my stomach. :P

It is actually one of the few B/W Pokemon I like. =D And have a look at it's Special Attack. I actually might get this one in my team and not eat it.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Generation V never really appealed to me. I mean, come on, ice cream Pokémon? Looks like the designers were sleeping on the job again...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I find the Vanipeti line pretty interesting because they're ice cream Pokemon. A fun tidbit on Baibanira is that it has the highest base stat total among non-legendary Ice Pokemon, tied with Lapras. Its stat distribution is very good, but its movepool is very bad, comparable to Glaceon's. I might put this one in my team for the lulz.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Generation V never really appealed to me. I mean, come on, ice cream Pokémon? Looks like the designers were sleeping on the job again...

What I find funny about that is that the whole ice cream line was created by the first American (I think?) to join the design team. James Turner. It seems like a lot of people have a problem with this Pokemon. People also don't seem to big on the other ones he designed, including that Golem line and Baruchai. I still can't stand Baruchai and its evolution, but I like the Golem line and the ice cream Pokemon are kinda growing on me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back