• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions on the 3-D aspects of the game.

2d VS 3D Your Opinion?

• Total voters

_Prince_

Pikachu?
Years
  • I really hate how gamefreak is bluffing you all, in fact they are merely using the same game engine as HG/SS, with only the camera angle changed and blocks more suited to that angle position.

If you don't believe, let's try rotating HG/SS camera angles to see what effects we get :)

Your opinions on the 3-D aspects of the game.

By the way this is how I play my Soul Silver sometimes, merely by adjusting the camera position ;)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I personally love the way this series is going. Adding these kind of effects was brilliant. So..what do you guys think?

I also like that not everything is 3D. I noticed that the rural towns are slightly 3D but not much, and the cities were mostly 3D so that they could seem a lot bigger.

Years
  • I really hate how gamefreak is bluffing you all, in fact they are merely using the same game engine as HG/SS, with only the camera angle changed and blocks more suited to that angle position.

If you don't believe, let's try rotating HG/SS camera angles to see what effects we get :)

By the way this is how I play my Soul Silver sometimes, merely by adjusting the camera position ;)

Ok, HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! I totally want to rotate the camera on my SS.

Years
  • Im looking foward to a kind of pokemon game you can both play on DS and Wii in 3d.. I wouldn't say we're too far off. Definetly a step in the right direction. I'm really happy to see that your mans are animated even when they're not doing anything in combat.

... an MMO aspect would be fun too, but I'm not certain how they'd pull it off without radically changing the whole system.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    i dont know how i feel about it, to me it could be the same graphics as red and i would be happy

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    It's definately to me great. Most people hold onto the flat aspects of gaming because it's classic. However, in my honest opinion, keeping things with this gives nonew breath to gaming and makes classics lose their value as theyare just another replica of the original.

It's one reason people hate on the 3d Zelda platforms, they cling to muchon side scrollers like Link's Awakening. (i do love side scrollers) but only when it's used in the classics. New games should have these upped qualities which give us soemthing new and interesting to hope for. Which is why I love gaming. It is forever changing.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Is it confirmed that it will be playable on all the DS systems? Judging by the spiffy 3D aspects, I'd have to say it's likelier that it'd be designed for the upcoming 3DS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS), and I'm not sure if anything designed for the 3DS will be compatible for the DS predecessors.
    I'm a 100-million% sure thats its for the regular ds. I dont have the picture cause im on vacation, but in the scanns it shows that the pics where on the ds XL!

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Can't wait for Black and White, loving the improvements of the game play, I'm so lucky I'm gonna be able to play them on my XL.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    They're pretty awesome. Love how the buildings actually have shadows now and are a heck lot taller. From the videos released already with the animated battles the pokemon seem to be going away from 2D sprites to animated 3D and it's beautiful.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Meh...

^That is really all I can say (and yes, I did use the word 'meh' - I've started using it... a lot...). I'm going to wait for more videos before saying thumbs up or thumbs down. I disliked (I want to say hated, but the graphics are growing on me a little) the video of the girl walking around the city with the humongous buildings; it felt awkward and disproportional to me. On the other hand, I really liked the boy walking down the street with people moving out of the way; it was a new view, but it worked. Now, I've also always been a fan of the overhead view, but that's just me. So... as I said before... meh.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I liked the 3D-ish graphics of DPPt more than the pure 3D of BW just now, the camera angles look quite choppy in some places, and shouldn't the trainer be 3D by now, instead of always looking at the camera?

GameFreak stick with what you know until you can make the trainer look away from the camera :(

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • too say the least, it should make things interesting. but I rather with hold a full judgement untill I see more of how much its going to effect gameplay and such.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    The 3D elements to the games are fantastic! I also love how they kept their pixel feel to it though, even with the 3dness.
    Altho, hell.
    If they made a full 3D game that had the actual plot(notPBR) I'd be all over that :3

Back