• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Moderate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2007
    Since you are still progressing through the game, your movesets are going to suck rocks. I will offer what your movesets should end up with. Fixes and suggestions in bold:

Sorry about changing your team a bit, but it really gives you a much better balance. Switching either Pidgeot/Dodrio or Parasect/Butterfree for a more physical type (i.e. Tyranitar, Rhydon, Nidoking, Steelix, or even Aerodactyl) would even be more effective for you. Good luck.
    k thanks, Even though I just beat the Elite 4 twice with that same team, I can see how you feel that way.

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    Venusaur
    Jolteon
    Snorlax
    Lapras
    Growlithe (Want to change, but not sure as to what)
    Farfetch'd (HM Slave, fly/cut) (will be Jynx once I get it)

I'm only at Fuschia.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    self destruct kinda sucks...

u faint after and it doesn't rlly kill the opponent if its stronger than u
    Then tell me how an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EV's, at level 100, can get 600+ effective attack power using Explosion, and I think Selfdestruct is more powerful than Explosion anyway. And those two moves generally have enough power to take out a resistant Pokemon that is like five levels higher than the user from what I've seen in my games. Once I destroyed my cousins team by Selfdestructing a level 70 Electrode on his level 80 Ho-oh. Ho-oh was his final Pokemon, and I still had a Blastoise to use in case Selfdestruct failed,which it didn't.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Moderate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2007
    Do you have Fire Red or Leaf Green? If you have Leaf Green, then replace Growlithe, if you want to, with Magmar. If you have Fire Red, keep Growlithe.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    self destruct kinda sucks...

u faint after and it doesn't rlly kill the opponent if its stronger than u
    Selfdestruct only sucks if you don't know how to use it properly. Selfdestruct on Snorlax (which also gets a STAB bonus) will destroy just about anything, even doing 70% max damage to Steelix, which not only is tied for the best base Def in the game (I don't count Shuckle since it is pathetically weak), but also resists Normal attacks.

Then tell me how an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EV's, at level 100, can get 600+ effective attack power using Explosion, and I think Selfdestruct is more powerful than Explosion anyway.
    Not really. Selfdestruct is 200 AP, while Explosion is 250 AP.

As for your team, I don't know where you are getting your format from, but it is a bit confusing. I am going to take the liberty to change it mainly for my purposes. Changes and suggestion in bold:
    Yeah I know what you mean, when I first played Ruby it took me ages to get through Victory Road and to find the water entrance to Ever Grande City. For some reason I kept on ending up in that Shoal Cave place.

Oh well, all I need is for someone to rate this team, and an EV set for Snorlax seeing as I can't think of a decent one for him at all. BTW this is Pokemon Ruby, and I still have to trade in most of these Pokemon. You can also replace the Zapdos if you think there is a better choice for a sixth Pokemon.

ZAPDOS @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 60 HP / 76 Def / 144 Spd / 172 SAtk / 56 SDef
    Modest Nature(+SAtk -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Drill Peck
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk / Light Screen

Unless you are cheating, good luck resetting your game enough times to make surer Zapdos has HP [Grass/Ice] that has a halfway decent AP. You are better off using Drill Peck instead. Also, max HP on Stalkerdos is unnecessary. Personally, I would drop Sleep Talk and use Light Screen instead.

DRAGONITE @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

- Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

A full special Dragonite doesn't take advantage of it true strength, its super high base Atk. Go with the SubPunchBoltBeamer set. Much more effective.

STARMIE @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 48 HP / 216 Spd / 244 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
    - Recover

- Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Starmie wants Recover. Starmie NEEDS Recover.

KANGASKHAN @ Leftovers
    Early Bird
    - Return
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    EVs:
    Adamant (+Att -SA) 212 HP/168 Atk/16 Def/96 Spd/16 SD

Kangaskhan is not necessary on the same team as Snorlax, especially when they share the same moveset.

AERODACTYL @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - HP Flying/Aerial Ace
    - Double-Edge

An Aerodactyl. It should be your lead instead of Zapdos.

SNORLAX @ Leftovers / Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def / 112 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Return
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Selfdestruct

With Choice Band, your Snorlax has and attack of a hefty 475. It needs Thick Fat over Immunity though.
    Having three fliers on your team is too big of risk for my taste, even if it only against the pathetic AI. It is your team though. I would dump Kangaskhan and add a WishPassing Umbreon, especially since your Snorlax has lost most of its wallishness. I would replace one of your fliers with either Heracross or Breloom. Both would fit in your team rather nicely.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Meh. Fire-types are way over-rated. Alazakam with Fire Punch is BEGGING to be added your team instead of Growlithe with a very limited moveset.

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    Im still not quite sure what EVs are. Im going to take them off my list until i fully understand what they are, so if anyone rating my team wants to explain it so an idiot could understand, i wont add EVs.

HERACROSS @ Focus Band
    Trait: Guts
    Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Take Down
    - Megahorn
    - Focus Punch
    - Counter

AMPHAROS @ Magnet
    Trait: Static
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Speed)
    - Shock Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder
    - Focus Punch

TYPHLOSION @ Charcoal
    Trait: Blaze
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Speed)
    - Flame Wheel
    - Aeiral Ace
    - Fire Blast
    - Flamethrow

URSARING @ Leftovers
    Bashful Nature (None)
    - Snore
    - Slash
    - Hyper Beam
    - Rest

LATIAS @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

LUGIA @ Leftovers
    Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
    - Psychic
    - Aeroblast
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam

yeah i know i can make it better, but i need help on that part. i need the opinion of a professional.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes and suggestions (both wanted and unwanted) in bold:
    Im still not quite sure what EVs are. Im going to take them off my list until i fully understand what they are, so if anyone rating my team wants to explain it so an idiot could understand, i wont add EVs.

HERACROSS @ Leftovers / Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Spd / 56 SDef (Stalkercross)
    EVs: 4 / 252 Atk / 252 Spd (CBcross)
    EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spd (SDcross)

Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide / Sleep Talk / Swords Dance
    - Brick Break / Rock Slide

- Megahorn
    - Focus Punch / Rest

Heracross is a straight up attacker. It brings the pain and it brings it well. A few things here - don't waste a Normal attack here. Heracross has too big of a movepool to allow that. Also, Counter isn't nearly as good an option as the ones above. You basically have three different versions there - Stalkercross, CBcross, and SDcross. Stalkercross (Rest/Sleep Talk) is used to absorb status and then abuse its Guts Trait. A double boosted Megahorn/Brick Break is nothing to sneeze at. CBgross (Choice Band) gives it added firepower without having to set up a turn like SDcross (Swords Dance). That said, Swords Dance increase its Atk by TWO stages instead of the one stage that Choice Band offers. Very much worth it, if it can handle that extra turn. In-game I typically will lead with a sleeper and then switch in Heracross (or any other SD abuser), boost up, then sweep. As for the EVs, CBcross will typically follow the max Atk/SAtk and then max Spd that most sweepers do. Stalkercross needs the max HP to take hits easier. SDcross needs a little extra HP in order to take an extra hit before it boosts.

AMPHAROS @ Magnet
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Punch / Reflect / Light Screen
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute / Counter / Toxic

Meh. THREE Electric attacks are killing this thing. Honestly, Ampharos falls in line with too many Electric attacks - crappy movepool. Between the -Atk nature and the limitations of Focus Punch, I wouldn't use it without Substitute, but due to the lack of movepool, you might want to avoid that altogether. Counter or Toxic both work well, as does Reflect or Light Screen that can help out its teammates too. It is too hard to suggest EVs until you decide on a moveset. Personally, I would take out Ampharos and insert Electabuzz. While it doesn't have the defenses that Ampharos does, and doesn't have as good a base SAtk (95 vs. 115), it makes up for both with an incredible movepool and a pretty sweet base Spd (105 vs. 55):

Electabuzz @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
    EVs: 152 Atk / 216 Spd / 140 SAtk
    - Cross Chop
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

This thing is very versatile, allowing it to strike across the board. With support from a Baton Passer, this thing kills teams. The EVs should be self-explanatory.

TYPHLOSION @ Charcoal
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute
    - Thunderpunch

- Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Another meh. A Fire-type with THREE Fire moves. You might not want to take my advice about Fire-types. I think they are totally over-rated and have too many common weaknesses to be useful on your team. I generally avoid a Fire-type on my team altogether. Now, if you are one who insists on a Fire-type, use the above moveset. Substitute can buy it time to live, Earthquake gives it a good physical move while Fire Blast and Thunderpunch give it a good one-two punch. I would rather go with Houndoom if you insist on a Fire-type, but that is just me.

URSARING @ Leftovers
    EVs: EVs: 128 HP / 216 Atk / 56 Def / 56 Spd / 52 SDef
    Careful Nature (+Sp Def, -Sp Atk)
    - Return/Frustration / Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Resist the urge to use Snore. Also avoid using crappy two-turn moves like Hyper Beam. Keep in mind that attacking two times in two turns with Return (two 102 AP attacks) will do more damage than only attacking once in two turns with Hyper Beam (one 150 AP attack). Like Heracross, Ursaring is transformed into a formidable attacking machine with Sleep Talk. The first slot is your preference. Double-Edge hits harder, but the recoil sucks. The EVs are pretty spread out in order for it to handle most situations.

LATIAS @ Leftovers
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Using Legendaries in-game is pretty cheap, so I always suggest alternatives. You can keep them of course, it is your game. I think that they become more of a crutch than anything else. Legendaries require little skill and only hamper your skills than help them. Personally, I would put Espeon in this spot:

Espeon @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 196 HP / 160 Spd / 152 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Substitute

This set is termed "Espyjump". First you Substitute, and then use Calm Mind. The SDef boost helps the Sub not break. After a few CMs, you can either attack hard with a boosted STAB Psychic, or you can Baton Pass to a different Poke (i.e. Electabuzz or Starmie) and let the pain begin. If you don't like that, you can use Morning Sun over Baton Pass, but that limits your effectiveness quite a bit. EVs are to allow it tank a bit on the special side.

LUGIA @ Leftovers
    Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
    - Psychic
    - Aeroblast
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam

Lugia is arguably the best Poke in the game. Incredible defenses and the ability to attack with a strong STAB physical and special attack. Much too cheap to use in-game. I think Starmie would even out your team very nicely:

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 48 HP / 216 Spd / 244 SAtk
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunder

Starmie is a solid special sweeper, and with help from Espyjump, it is a bonafide killer, with the ability to attack many different types and an incredible HP recovery move. EVs are basic sweeper set, with a little more HP.

yeah i know i can make it better, but i need help on that part. i need the opinion of a professional.
    The thing about EVs to remember is that they should be used mostly in an effort to make a Poke stronger, instead of using them to try to cover a weakness. If a Poke is weak to something, in most cases a bunch of EVs won't change that. It is almost always better to improve its strengths instead.

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    thanks. about typhlosion switching to houndoom, i have a houndoom. if i were to add him in place of typhlosion, what would you suggest i do with him? while you answer that ill get to work on espeon and starmie.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Houndoom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Early Bird
    EVs: 64 HP / 192 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Crunch
    - Fire Blast
    - Substitute / Sunny Day
    - Will-O-Wisp / Charm

A STAB Dark and Fire move is pretty cool. Too bad its movepool isn't better. Will-O-Wisp or Charm and solve its physical weakness, allowing it to Sub or Sunny Day easier. Rest could be used due its trait, but it just doesn't have the defenses for it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    So yeah, Help in BOLD! You can either choose to regard it or disregard it, OR better yet wait for Shanecdavis to rate, as he gives out alot of help to poke players.

Also, If i were you disregard the help from ltr_17, as he really has no idea, I mean Dragonite with HM moves, WTF!

well, you're wrong, big time. the moves dragonite should know:

fly
    outrage
    surf
    dragon claw

only in my suggestion....

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    thats what he just said. he said, "I mean Dragonite with HM moves, WTF!", and i agree with him. What kind of (pardon my rudeness) noob teaches dragonite HMs? If you were to do that, only fly. Nothing else. i mean, Surf? wth? why would a dragon know a water move?!?!?!?!?
    i would get rid of surf & fly and add something else. i cant think of anything at the moment id add, cuz i dont use dragonites.
    also, thanks shanecdavis

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014

fly
    outrage
    surf
    dragon claw

Okay, yeah great I mean, I could easily own another Dragonite that knows Ice Beam with this set[/Sarcasm]

Don't you know that dragon pokemon are 4x weak to Ice, If you battled a dragonite with 252 EVs in Sp. Atk, One ice Beam and your Dragonite is down.

And, If you want to test it out, I am more than happy to own you on Wifi, and to the person who called Ltr_17 a noob...Lol, how true.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010

fly
    outrage
    surf
    dragon claw

No. That is about the worst set you can give Dragonite. Okay, it's not THE worst, but it is pretty close. NO Poke should have Fly. It is a horrible, horrible waste of a move that takes two turns to do what about 35 other moves can do better in one turn, and you also have TWO chances for the 90% accuracy to fail you. Outrage is equally crappy. It is a two to three turn move that then confuses your Poke afterwards. Why you would want to do that on purpose to your Poke is beyond me. Surf and Dragon Claw are barely acceptable moves, but don't take advantage of Dragonite's strengths at all. While its base SAtk is an impressive 100, that is dwarfed by its excellent base Atk of 134. Throw in the fact that you can teach it Dragon Dance, that increases its Atk and Spd (its one weakness), and you have one of the best physical attackers in the game.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 184 Spd / 70 SAtk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder

While this isn't as versatile as Salamence, it can at least survive a non-STAB Ice Beam and make bulky Waters eat a Thunder for their trouble. A STAB Aerial Ace does almost the same damage in one turn that the craptacular Fly does in two.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

SubPunchBoltBeamer set. Very versatile. Probably better in-game, since it requires less setup and the AI is too stupid to break subs effectively.

As for an HM whore, Rayquaza has always been my favorite. It learns SIX of the eight HMs and at least it gets him out of the box in my PC on occasion.

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    My Emerald team:

My Emerald team (I'm playing German version):

Togep (Togetic) LV.100
    Trait: ÜBEREIFER (GER)
    Neature: MUTIG (GER)
    EVs: HP.251/ATK.155/DEF.217/SP.ATK.175/SP.DEF.235/SPE.112

- SOLARBEAM
    - SUNNY DAY
    - PSYCHIC
    - AINCET POWER

GASTY (GENGAR)LV.100
    Trait: SCHWEBE Ground attack's don't work
    Neature: LASCH (GER)
    EVs: HP.283/ATK.189/DEF.180/SP.ATK.295/SP.DEF.167/SPE.258

- HYPNOSIS
    - DREAM EATER
    - SLUDGE BOMB
    - THUNDER BOLT

FLYGON LV.100
    Trait: SCHWEBE Ground attack's don't work
    Neature: LASCH (GER)
    EVs: HP.347/ATK. 222/DEF. 222/SP.ATK. 226/SP.DEF. 156/SPEED 235

- CRUNCH
    - FLAMETHROWER
    - STEEL WING
    - DRAGON CLAW

LUGIA LV.100
    Trait: ERZWINGER (GER)
    Neature: SCHEU (GER)
    EVs: HP.357/ATK. 211/DEF. 283/SP.ATK. 231/SP.DEF. 344/SPEED 302

- AEROBLAST
    - HYDRO PUMP
    - RECOVER
    - PSYCHIC

SPARKY (AMPHAROS) LV.100
    Trait: STATIC (ENG/GER)
    Neature: FROSCH (GER)
    EVs: HP.329/ATK.200/DEF.200/SP.ATK.272/SP.DEF.220/SPE.129

- THUNDER
    - IRON TAIL
    - THUNDER PUNCH
    - RAIN DANCE

BLAZI (BLAZIKEN) LV.100
    Trait: GROSSBRAND (GER)
    Neature: FRECH (GER)
    EVs: HP.308/ATK.305/DEF.164/SP.ATK.250/SP.DEF.145/SPE.225

- SLASH
    - BLAZE KICK
    - MEKA KICK
    - SKY UPPERCUT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    A few comments, both wanted and unwanted, in bold:

Like before, you are concentrating too much on the type of a move and the need for it to be "Super Effective". Your Gengar example is flawed because Gengar is also Poison-type, meaning a Psychic is going to OHKO Gengar in a very bad way, while Shadow Ball is still a 2HKO. So, for your argument's sake, let's use Dusclops instead, which is only Ghost. A STAB Psychic (unboosted with no +SAtk nature or SAtk EVs) does max damage of 61% to Dusclops, while a "Super Effective" Shadow Ball only does max damage of 54%. Once again, this is due to the fact that Mewtwo has an ungodly base SAtk of 154 while only an excellent base Atk of 110. Add a +SAtk nature and max SAtk EVs and that max damage jumps to 78%. Throw in a Calm Mind and it is a OHKO, using a Psychic attack against a Ghost-type.

i have no idea what you said. :$ oh, and what's with the EVs and IVs?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Basically, Mewtwo using Psychic on Dusclops will do more damage than Shadow Ball. Just because a move is "Super Effective" (i.e. Shadow Ball), doesn't mean it is the best move to use. Too many novice trainers don't understand that. I blame it on the crappy programming of the AI. In-game, 90% of the time you face trainers that all share the same type weakness, which conditions the mind to think that type advantage is the best strategy, when it isn't. I was hoping for a shift in AI in DP, but it is the same crap just wrapped in a prettier package. The only saving grace is the WiFi feature. Hopefully after novice trainers try to apply the bad strategy they learn from the game against others who actually know the right way to battle, they will learn after getting their butts handed to them on a regular basis.

BTW - EVs and IVs are Effort Values and Individual Values. IVs are a random number in each stat that each Poke is assigned when it is caught/hatched. It ranges from 1-31, and that number is directly added to that stat that Poke hits Lv100. For example, a Lv100 Mudkip will have an Atk of 145. A Lv100 Mudkip with 31 Atk IVs will have an Atk of 176. Again, these are random calculations in the game that you have no control over. The only thing you can do is have a 33% chance of passing on IVs through breeding. For example, that Lv100 Mudkip with 31 Atk IVs has a 33% chance of passing that stat on to a baby Mudkip.

Effort Values is a point system that is awarded to a Poke when it participates in a battle. Every Poke in the game is given an EV point in a particular stat. For example, defeating a Skarmory will give any Poke involved in the battle 2 Def EVs. For every 4 EV points in a particular stat, your Poke earns one extra point in that stat. Using the Skarmory example, two battles will increase the Def stat of any participating Poke by 1. A Poke can earn a maximum of 510 EV points with a maximum of 255 points in one stat. Basically you can max out two stats, or balance them out with other stats. That means when you max out a stat, you increase that stat by 63 points by the time it hits Lv100. Using our Lv100 Mudkip example again, with 252 Atk EVs, its Atk raises to 239. Now compare that to the original Mudkip that had an Atk of 145. That is a 96 point difference.

To find out more about EVs/IVs, you can read this:

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72415

That last very important thing that novice trainers always overlook are natures. I always shake my head when someone says they don't care about natures. The wrong nature on a Poke makes a difference between a good Poke and a crappy one. For instance, a Blissey without a Bold Nature is going to be destroyed by an good physical move, due to its horrible base Def of a pathetic 10. However, that Bold Nature increases it enough that when you factor in its insanely high HP, it can take a few physical hits before it faints. If we return back to our Lv100 Mudkip and give it a +Atk nature (Adamant, Brave, Lonely, Naughty), its Atk now increases to 262! Simple math tells us that with max IVs/EVs and a +Atk nature improves a Lv100 Mudkip by 117 points.

To see the difference that makes, let's have an unboosted Lv100 Mudkip attack a Lv100 Pikachu with Brick Break (since Mudkip cannot learn Earthquake). Max damage from the attack is 67%. Not bad. However, a Lv100 Mudkip with max IVs/EVs and a +Atk nature that attacks that same Pikachu will result in a OHKO.

Last edited:

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Unless you are cheating, good luck resetting your game enough times to make surer Zapdos has HP [Grass/Ice] that has a halfway decent AP. You are better off using Drill Peck instead. Also, max HP on Stalkerdos is unnecessary. Personally, I would drop Sleep Talk and use Light Screen instead.
    The reason I asked for a decent Zapdos replacement is that I don't want to keep resetting my game until I get the correct nature and HP attack.
    These are the changes I'm gonna make:

AERODACTYL @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - HP Flying
    - Double-Edge

MILOTIC @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 212 HP / 138 Def /16 Spd / 144 SAtk
    Calm (+SD -Att)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover
    Starmie replacement.

HERACROSS @ Choice Band
    Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

DRAGONITE @ Leftovers
    Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

VENUSAUR @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 252HP / 100 Def / 56 Spd / 100 SDef
    Careful (+SDef -SAtk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder
    I replaced Synthesis with Razor Leaf because I don't tend to heal all that much.

GENGAR @ Leftovers
    EVs: 44 HP / 216 Spd / 248 SAtk
    Timid (+Spd -Atk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis is better than substitute on a Gengar IMO, and Dragonite is gonna get the sub. ALso Ice PUnch is gonna be traded in from my Emerald game.

Now for the two best HM slaves in the game:
    Wailord
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Dive
    - Strength
    Seeing as you need Wailord for the Regis why not give it all three water HMs; although Wailord can sometimes be used decently.

Tropius
    - Fly
    - Cut
    - Flash
    - Rock Smash

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back