• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The reason I asked for a decent Zapdos replacement is that I don't want to keep resetting my game until I get the correct nature and HP attack.
    These are the changes I'm gonna make:

AERODACTYL @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Double-Edge

You said you don't want to keep resetting to get the proper nature and HP for Zapdos, but you will for Aerodactyl? The harsh truth is that you will NEVER (without cheating, but no one likes a cheater) get Jolly Aerodactyl with HP Flying that is above 60 AP. First of all, there are 25 different personalities and 887,503,681 different IV combinations. Combine those together and you have a 1 in 221,87,592,025 chance of getting a Jolly Aerodactyl with Hidden Power [Flying] at 70 AP. In other words, if that happens then you should enter the lottery every time because you are going to win every time, being the luckiest person in the history of the world.

MILOTIC @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover
    Starmie replacement.

Milotic should ALWAYS be Bold and ALWAYS should have max Def EVs. Why? Because it allows it to tank both on the special and physical side, especially if it gets hit with a status and its Def is increased by 1.5x.

HERACROSS @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

DRAGONITE @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

VENUSAUR @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 204 HP / 160 Atk / 68 Def / 20 Spd / 56 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed
    - Synthesis
    - Sleep Powder
    I replaced Synthesis with Razor Leaf because I don't tend to heal all that much.

Synthesis will still do more for you than a -SAtk Razor Leaf. Plus, with half your team weak to Ice, you will need HP recovery wherever you can get it.

GENGAR @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 44 HP / 216 Spd / 248 SAtk
    Timid (+Spd -Atk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis is better than substitute on a Gengar IMO, and Dragonite is gonna get the sub. ALso Ice PUnch is gonna be traded in from my Emerald game.

No, Substitute is MUCH better than a 60% accurate Hypnosis, but it is your team.

Now for the two best HM slaves in the game:
    Wailord
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Dive
    - Strength
    Seeing as you need Wailord for the Regis why not give it all three water HMs; although Wailord can sometimes be used decently.

Tropius
    - Fly
    - Cut
    - Flash
    - Rock Smash
    Actually, Rayquaza is the best HM whore in the game. Learning 6 out of the 8 HMs is impressive.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I was hoping you were going to ask because your team needs some SERIUOS help. I think you are also confusing a Poke's EVs with its regular stats. You cannot see a Poke's EVs in the game. That is something you have to keep track of yourself, which is exactly why a lot of people don't like/understand them. Take your Togep for example. A regular Lv100 Togetic (I don't know what on earth MUTIG is, so I will use a neutral nature) has the following stats:

HP: 220
    Atk: 85 (93)
    Def: 175
    SAtk: 165 (148)
    SDef: 215
    Spd: 85

So, comparing those stats with that of your Togep, here are the increases in each stat:

HP: +31
    Atk: +70 (+62)
    Def: +42
    SAtk: +10 (+27)
    SDef: +20
    Spd: +27

Total: +209

Now, it is apparent that you have done some EV training, but it is a little hard to determine if the increases are due to EV training or if they are Togep's IVs. One thing that I see here is that I would guess that Togep is Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk). Also, since maxing out EVs increases Togep's stat total by 127 points, we can determine that your Togep has 82 total IV points. Unfortunately, there is no simple to figure out which points are IVs and which are EVs, other than feeding your Pokes the Happiness berries (#21-26) that also reduce EVs in a particular stat by 10. Do that, write down what the unboosted stats are and then reset the game. You can then take those stats and subtract them from the Lv100 stats above to see what your Togep's IVs are in each stat. Then subtract the IV totals from the totals you have here and now you have the correct EV spread. Sounds complicated, but it is definitely worth it.

As for your team, fixes and suggestions in bold:
    My Emerald team (I'm playing German version):

Togep (Togetic) LV.100 @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Nature: Mild (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri-Attack
    - Water Pulse

- Psychic / Aerial Ace
    - Ancient Power

Togetic is the exact opposite of a good Normal/Flying-type. Horrible base Atk (a pathetic 40) and a worthless base Spd (a craptacular 40). It does have decent SAtk and SDef though, but that isn't what you want on a Normal type. About the only real reason to raise this thing is to evolve it into Togekiss. I guess you could utilize its Serene Grace Trait, that doubles percentages, turning Water Pulse into a 40% chance of confusing the opponent. Tri-Attack and Aerial Ace for STAB. Personally, I would take out Togetic and use Dodrio instead. Well, if you cannot trade from FRLG, you can settle for Swellow:

Swellow @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Return / Facade
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

The advantage Swellow has it is trait. If it gets statused, its Atk is raised by 50%. Putting it to sleep activates its trait, making Aerial Ace and Return/Facade quite powerful. Facade is also a great move. Not initially as strong as Return, but if it gets PSN/PAR/BRN, its Atk is DOUBLED. So, you get 1.5x with Guts and 2x with Facade. Plus, when your HP gets low, you can Rest to heal HP and cure stats, but now Guts works with SLP. Unfortunately, Facade does not.

GASTY (GENGAR)LV.100 @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
    EVs: 108 HP / 188 Spd / 212 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch / Giga Drain

- Thunderbolt

I know the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo might work against the brainless AI that is programmed not to switch out so it can be beaten more easily, but that is still bad strategy. A normal person is just going to switch out, and then you have just wasted a turn using Dream Eater on a Poke that isn't asleep. Gengar is one of the best special attackers in the game. Take advantage of that.

FLYGON LV.100 @ Choice Band / Leftovers
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd / 16 SAtk
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Quick Attack / Substitute
    - Rock Slide

A Flygon without a STAB Earthquake is a VERY sad Flygon. An Earthquake from Flygon, especially with it holding a Choice Band, is absolutely deadly. Quick Attack is a breeding move, which means you will have to start all over. If you cannot be bothered, go with Substitute instead. Rock Slide compliments Earthquake very well and Fire Blast allows it to hit things that resist its other moves.

LUGIA LV.100
    Trait: ERZWINGER (GER)
    Neature: SCHEU (GER)
    EVs: HP.357/ATK. 211/DEF. 283/SP.ATK. 231/SP.DEF. 344/SPEED 302

- AEROBLAST
    - HYDRO PUMP
    - RECOVER
    - PSYCHIC

Absolute cheapness. Lugia is arguably the best Poke in the game, and can handle ANYTHING the AI can do, requiring very little skill. I would go with Gardevoir instead:

Gardevoir @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 176 HP / 180 Def / 20 Spd / 132 SAtk
    - Calm Mind
    - Hypnosis
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Put the opponent to sleep, CM up, and then sweep with a boosted Thunderbolt and a boosted STAB Psychic. It also can take special hits pretty well.

SPARKY (AMPHAROS) LV.100
    Trait: STATIC (ENG/GER)
    Neature: FROSCH (GER)
    EVs: HP.329/ATK.200/DEF.200/SP.ATK.272/SP.DEF.220/SPE.129

- THUNDER
    - IRON TAIL
    - THUNDER PUNCH
    - RAIN DANCE

Your team has plenty of special attackers. What you really need is a Poke that can take some physical hits. Skarmory is the best at that, but it is limited in-game, again due to the brainless AI. Weezing or Steelix are terrific alternatives, although you cannot get Steelix in Emerald:

Weezing @ Leftovers
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Pain Split
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Will-O-Wisp

With Levitate, the only thing that can hurt it is Psychic. Other than that, this thing stops physical attackers in their tracks. Bring it in and use WOW. That burns the opponent, but more importantly halves their Atk. You can now Pain Split to drain their HP, use a STAB Sludge Bomg to slowly take them down, or explode on them. Explosion on Weezing just fits.

BLAZI (BLAZIKEN) LV.100
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 100 Atk / 252 Spd / 156 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

- Sky Uppercut

Never use Normal attacks on non-Normal Pokes. Blaziken does so much better with Rock Slide in order to cover its HUGE Flying weakness, and Swords Dance that boosts up its Atk by two stages. Don't use Blaze Kick either. Why settle for an 85 AP 90% accurate move when you can have a 120 AP 85% accurate one? Even Flamethrower (95 AP 100% accurate) is a better option than the crappy Blaze Kick.
    Overall, a typical in-game team. Too much attacking and emphasis on types instead of stats. With the suggested changes, your team will be much more effective.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Personally, I would take out Togetic and use Dodrio instead. Well, if you cannot trade from FRLG, you can settle for Swellow:

Actually, it should be noted that Doduo CAN be found in Emerald, if that's the game this guy has (I'm not sure about R/S). After you beat the Elite Four, it can be found in one of the added areas at the Safari Zone. It's rare (I think 5%?), but it is there.

And don't you think for a CB Flygon the nature should be Adamant, and put EVs into Speed? Or does it work better the other way round?

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    Blastoise lv 56
    Slowbro lv 58
    Hitmontop lv 57
    Moltres lv56
    Snorlax lv 58
    Raichu lv57

im pleased with my fire red team usually there all at totally different levels but there all in general range of each other

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    Do you have Fire Red or Leaf Green? If you have Leaf Green, then replace Growlithe, if you want to, with Magmar. If you have Fire Red, keep Growlithe.

I have Fire Red.
    I don't need a fire type. Growlithe just isn't doing anything for me (Waiting for Flamethrower to evolve). Maybe, once he's Arcanine, he'll be of more use. Magmar is cool, and I wish I could get one.

And I can't get Alakazam cuz you need to trade to get one.

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    Yeah I can find Dodrio on my Emerald :P (so I've got it :D MUTIG means BRAVE if you didn't understand )

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    Soo, my Emerald team two:

Makit (Hariyama) LV.100
    Ability: Adrenalin
    EVs: HP.442/ATK.296/DEF.139/SP.ATK.97/SP.DEF.139/SPE.122

- Vital Throw
    - Reversal
    - Sesmic Toss
    - Encore

Tani (Metagross) LV.100
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: HP.305/ATK.288/DEF.310/SP.ATK.218/SP.DEF.199/SPE.199

- Sludge Bomb
    - Hyper Beam
    - Psychic
    - Meteor Mash

Tyranitar LV.100
    Ability: Sandstream
    EVs: HP.333/ATK.311/DEF.249/SP.ATK.229/SP.DEF.234/SPE.166

- Crunch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Earthquake
    - Hyper Beam

eRAGON (Salamence) LV.100
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: HP.350/ATK.301/DEF.184/SP.ATK.259/SP.DEF.170/SPE.280

- Dragon Claw
    - Crunch
    - Flamethrower
    - Arial Ace

Mewtwo LV.100
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: HP.337/ATK.251/DEF.206/SP.ATK.324/SP.DEF.196/SPE.294

- Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind

Typhlosion LV.100
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: HP.295/ATK.233/DEF.194/SP.ATK.264/SP.DEF.209/SPE.210

- Thunder Punch
    - Flamethrower
    - Overheat
    - Dig

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    My Leaf Green team

Charizard
    Gentle Nature
    -Wing Attack
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower
    -Iron Tail

Raichu
    Trait: Static
    Naive Nature
    -Thunderbolt
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Thunderwave

Snorlax
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Rash Nature
    -Shadow Ball
    -Body Slam
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Articuno
    Trait: Pressure
    Jolly Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Aerial Ace
    -Water Pulse
    -Mist

Comments and critism welcome, I'm trying to assemble the best team possible that I can battle my friends with

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, it should be noted that Doduo CAN be found in Emerald, if that's the game this guy has (I'm not sure about R/S). After you beat the Elite Four, it can be found in one of the added areas at the Safari Zone. It's rare (I think 5%?), but it is there.

And don't you think for a CB Flygon the nature should be Adamant, and put EVs into Speed? Or does it work better the other way round?
    Thanks for the help with Doduo, Josh. Forgot about Doduo in the Safari Zone. I wish you could hit that place a lot sooner in-game.

As for Flygon, the fact that it is CB allows it go Jolly. Jolly Flygon can reach up and hit first against Pokes with base Spd of 120. That is especially useful in-game, where the AI doesn't utilize EVs in any way. Going first against the likes of Alakazam, Raikou, Sceptile, and Starmie is HUGE.

Competitively, it gives you an advantage over all 100s that aren't +Spd and have more Spd EVs, and even typical 105 and 110s that aren't maxed either.

Then you may as well go with Mew which learns every single attack in the game
    Actually, Smeargle is the one that learns every single attack in the game. Mew can learn all the TMs/HMs, but that is probably what you meant. I still say Rayquaza is best since Smeargle can only be caught in Emerald and Mew cannot be acquired by any normal means, unless you are a cheater. Rayquaza is a guaranteed catch in all three versions (RSE).

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015

Uh... actually you can find Doduo in the Safari Zone before beating the elite four. I should know, seeing as I trained on in Emerald and it was before I had the national dex.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Are you only going to use four Pokes in battles with your friends, or have you just not thought of two others yet? Also, how do your friends battle? Do they subscribe to the strategy of battling the AI, where it is all about attacking or do they understand the true strategy of battling that requires switching out and prediction? I will assume the former, since your team is based on that same premise. I will do my best to educate you on the latter, to give you an advantage over them.
    My Leaf Green team

Charizard
    Gentle Nature
    -Wing Attack
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower
    -Iron Tail

First off, I wouldn't use Charizard at all. Fire-types, especially Charizard, had their moment in the sun back in RBY, but now there are just too many counters to exploit their weaknesses and bad defenses for them to be effective. Personally, I would suggest your lead Poke be a physical attacker that is fast and that can damage the most types. Since this is LG and you don't have access to Salamence, I would go with Aerodactyl:

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    IVs: Max Atk and Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

This is your "Hit & Run" Poke. Cause serious damage and then switch out. Double-Edge takes advantage of its Rock Head Trait that prevents any recoil while dealing good damage to the opponent. Aerial Ace is a STAB attack that will never miss. Rock Slide is another STAB that can cause the opponent to flinch, which is extremely beneficial to Aerodactyl. Earthquake is for those Rock/Steel-types that resist its other moves. This is a terrific opener and late-game cleaner.

Raichu
    Trait: Static
    Naive Nature
    -Thunderbolt
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Thunderwave

If you are going to use a legendary bird, I would use Zapdos over Articuno, especially a Jolly Articuno. Zapdos outclasses Raichu and has that very nice Ground immunity:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    EVs: 60 HP / 76 Def / 144 Spd / 96 SAtk / 116 SDef
    IVs: Inapplicable
    - Drill Peck
    - Light Screen
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Not necessarily your second Poke, but I figured it would do good to replace Raichu. While Zapdos does just fine on its own, it is at its best when a Sub is passed to it, so it can use its speed and power to sweep through your opponents. Despite the -Atk nature, a STAB Drill Peck still does great damage. Light Screen not only protects it from Ice attacks, but also protects your team against special attacks in general. Thunder Wave is a great status inflicting move. Speed over your opponent is an important strategy when competitive battling, and the 50% parahax is nice too. A STAB Thunderbolt from its its great base SAtk (125) doesn't hurt either.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 136 Def / 76 SDef
    IVs: Max HP, Atk, and SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Body Slam/ Return
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

EXCELLENT choice, HORRIBLE nature. Breed that one over please. Stalkerlax not only is a good special wall (switch this in against special attackers), but it can hit back physically (which most special attackers are weak against) and Rest off any status/HP loss and continue to pound the opponent with Sleep Talk. While Body Slam has that sexy parahax, Return hits harder. I would actually suggest Double-Edge, but you are using that on Aerodactyl. Snorlax usually brings out a Fighting-type counter that you can handle with Zapdos quite easily.

Articuno
    Jolly Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Aerial Ace
    -Water Pulse
    -Mist

With Zapdos in place, this leaves a spot open for Vaporeon:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 222 HP / 176 Def / 16 SAtk / 96 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Surf / Ice Beam
    - Wish

More often than not, this will be your second Poke. A novice trainer will see Aerodactyl and instantly decide to bring in a Water-type. What better strategy than to switch in a Water-type of your own? Your opponent will either have to switch out or attack with weak attacks that Vaporeon can easily handle. Either way, you are now able to set up. Vaporeon creates the strongest Subs in the game. Put one up immediately and you can attack behind it, or use Baton Pass to pass its strong Sub to a teammate (i.e. Zapdos). Wish is also EXTREMELY helpful as it not only heals Vaporeon itself, but can heal its teammates too. Surf or Ice Beam is your preference. Personally, I would prefer a STAB Surf that reaches more types than Ice Beam does.

Comments and critism welcome, I'm trying to assemble the best team possible that I can battle my friends with
    The fifth spot should go to a versatile special attacker. There are two LG Pokes that instantly spring to mind - Alakazam and Gengar. While Alakazam is the better special attacker (with a STAB Psychic attack), Gengar has better intangibles. It has Levitate, and is immune to Normal and Fighting attacks. Either would be an excellent addition to your team:

Alazakam @ Leftovers / Lum Berry / Choice Band
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    IVs: Max Spd and SAtk
    - Calm Mind / Encore / Trick / Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Psychic
    - Thunderpunch / Ice Punch

Alakazam is extremely versatile. Encore is used on an opponent that likes to use non-attacking moves. Use Encore to lock them into that move and proceed to set up yourself. Trick is for an opponent that likes to abuse Blissey. Take that Leftovers away from it and then proceed to wear it out with Alakazam or switch to a more appropriate counter. The other strategy is just a straight up power sweep. Either four attacks or abuse Calm Mind behind a Sub from Vaporeon. Deadly.

Gengar @ Leftovers
    EVs: 108 HP / 188 Spd / 212 SAtk
    IVs: Max Spd and SAtk
    - Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp / Focus Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch / Giga Drain
    - Thunderbolt

Too many options to really list here. The first slot is total preference. All of them can be used by themselves or even behind a passed Sub from Vaporeon. Hypnosis, while not accurate, is great to have on your team. WOW is great to counter physical attackers. Not only does it Burn them, but also cuts their Atk in HALF. Focus Punch allows Gengar to surprise switch ins an Normal types that aren't smart enough to switch out.

The last slot will also be your preference. You can include another strong physical attacker or more of a utility Poke. I will cover both:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spd
    IVs: Max HP, Atk, and Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake / Focus Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Taunt / Crunch

DDtar is a complete beast than can sweep up easily late in the game, especially if it can Dragon Dance behind a Sub from Vaporeon. Earthquake or Focus Punch is your preference. Not many Pokes like a STAB Rock Slide from Tyranitar, especially DD'd one. Taunt prevents Tyranitar from getting statused as it sets up (if it doesn't get a Sub passed), but a STAB Crunch also ruins a lot of Pokes. I would use Naughty if you go with Crunch though.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion / Rest
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes

If your opponent likes to use Spikes, or even if they don't, Forretress can be useful here. It is one of only three Pokes that have both Spikes and Rapid Spin. The advantage Forretress has is its typing, excellent base Def (140), and its resistances. Explosion or Rest is your preference. Once three Spikes are up and you have no need for Rapid Spin, you can go BOOM against an opponent, or use Rest and keep this as a solid physical tank. Too many trainers discount the effectiveness of Spikes. Losing up to 25% HP every time a Poke switches in (not a Flying-type or Levitate Poke) can be devastating to a team, especially if you had Roar/Whirlwind on this team. To be honest, Skarmory would work very well with this team if you used that instead of Aerodactyl and went with Tyranitar.

Overall, you have a team with few shared weaknesses, but a lot of resistances. Good luck.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Well I'm in need of a special sweeper, but I don't have access to Gengar or Alakazam. Could I just use their pre-evolved forms are are there pokemon out there who can handle being a special sweeper that you...
    a)Don't need to trade to evolve
    b)Can capture in Leaf Green
    It's a pretty specific request I know...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Well I'm in need of a special sweeper, but I don't have access to Gengar or Alakazam. Could I just use their pre-evolved forms are are there pokemon out there who can handle being a special sweeper that you...

yes, you could do that. but the thing is is that they don't evolve. this means that they dont gain as much stats as they WOULD evolve.so they would turn out to be quite weak...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, while incredibly weak defensively, Kadabra is still one of the better special sweepers you will find in LG. Haunter isn't isn't too far behind either. Both are perfectly acceptable to use, especially in-game. The funny thing is, even Abra and Gastly aren't bad choices, with their high base SAtk and Spd and great movepool, if you can look past the fact that neither will survive a single hit.

As for alternatives, you can select from the following list:

Zapdos
    Raikou
    Jolteon
    Magneton
    Starmie
    Jynx
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Mr. Mime
    Slowbro
    Exeggutor
    Dragonite

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    battle frontier team
    shiny sizor
    shiny snorlax
    shiny blaziken
    (kk, the sizor and snorelax both have return for one of their moves. and the blaziken has blast burn)
    all level 100

and, my non battle frontier team is

charazard
    shiny blastoise
    bayleaf
    shiny pidgeot
    ampharos
    aggron

all level 100... the bayleaf was a mistake... i put in in daycare... and forgot about it...
    got it out about a week later...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    My Team
    Charizard lvl63
    fly
    flamethrower
    blast burn
    earthquake

metagrosslvl 63
    meteor mash
    psychic
    metal claw
    earthquake
    blissylvl 38 (in training)
    metronome
    softboiled
    egg bomb
    thunderbolt
    blastoise
    counter
    surf
    ice beam
    protect
    sceptilelvl 82
    return
    solarbeam
    leaf blade
    bullet seed

can you give me any suggestions??

shadow_deoxys

International Lairon Tamer
    Years

Mine rule!
    Seth(Sceptile) lvl 58
    Mursh(Swampert) lvl56
    Stu(combuscken) lvl72
    Golduck lvl75
    Lilly(Exploud) lvl66
    Lofty(Exploud) lvl76

beat that!!
    I got some more. Here is my EMERALD team!

(Meercat) Absol Lv. 27
    (Angus) Slugma Lv. 34
    (Flare) Castform Lv. 27
    (Rainbow) Kecleon Lv. 30
    (Jackoff) Swellow Lv. 34
    (Coolio) Swampert Lv. 57.

And In My PC:

Wailord Lv. 40
    Kadabra Lv. 30
    Golbat Lv. 32
    Sandslash Lv. 36

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    battle frontier team
    shiny sizor
    shiny snorlax
    shiny blaziken
    (kk, the sizor and snorelax both have return for one of their moves. and the blaziken has blast burn)
    all level 100

and, my non battle frontier team is

charazard
    shiny blastoise
    bayleaf
    shiny pidgeot
    ampharos
    aggron

all level 100... the bayleaf was a mistake... i put in in daycare... and forgot about it...
    got it out about a week later...

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, and Hyper Beam are all crappy moves as the immobilize you for one turn, so try giving Blaziken Fire Blast or something instead. Also, Scizor isn't such a great choice as an attacker, but is better used as a Baton Passer to pass stuff like Agility and Swords Dance to Snorlax/Blaziken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back