• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Role in the Pokémon World

What role would you play?

• Total voters

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'd be a trainer. :/ I would hate to just sit in a building all day like a Gym Leader, and I'm an awful coordinator. Plus I like to travel.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • An interesting question without a doubt, but I think the poll options are rather restrictive. Regardless of the lore we're referring to, there are virtually endless feasible lifestyles a person in any rendition of the pokémon world could adapt to, and even canonically the list misses such common choices as pokémon breeder.

Agreed.

Personally, if there were no poll options, I would jump at the choice to be a collector, if only for the thrill of trying to complete my own 'dex. It's not really something that I think would fit under the trainer category so much because the purpose of this drive isn't so much to catch Pokemon to use in battles as it is to catch Pokemon for the sake of catching Pokemon.

The closest I could probably get in the poll options to that kind of life would probably be villain, whose aims are usually to capture certain Pokemon for the benefit of the team (or for the sake of screwing with the world) and whose methods also opens up the idea of stealing Pokemon to complete a goal. In other words, more for me.

Morally, though, I'd be more inclined to just choose to be a trainer (which I did above) with a tendency to focus on catching instead of earning that next badge (although I'd do that too). It means I get to travel essentially wherever I want in order to do what I need to do.

Charmanderz

Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I would be a coordinator :] My team :
    Charmander
    Sunflora
    Starmie
    Pikachu
    Pidgey
    Absol

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • I'd be a Gym Leader, settle down in the country side running a Gym with a family. It would most likely be a mix of Pokémon types with some farm Pokémon maybe. But if it was real, my dog Cosmo would be an Umbreon due to the fact it's a black labrador. I'd do 3 on 3 battles in the open field as you know, I love the country side, even though I do like the city life.

My Team

Obviously if it was the real world, I may not have them Pokémon except for the Umbreon. But I would definatly be a Gym Leader, all the walking and travelling of being a trainer would do my head in.

Years
  • I'd definitally be a Gym Leader (Water Type) Misty really got me into the whole pokemon thing & it' would really be cool to try & surpass her

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I'm quite surprised no-one wants to be a Pocket Monster ranger. If I could be anything in the world, I'd be a ranger. Able to protect civilization while working beside a Pocket Monster. Temporarily capturing some to aid me. It'd be a fun job.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • The notoreity of an Elite Four member is alluring enough. I'd still prefer my privacy, but being well-known and never bothered, though contradicting...I could make possible.

I'd train Ground-Types, likely. Or Fighters.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    i'ld choose frontier brain. To be one of the strongest trainers around and scott would a cool boss

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I would probably be either a Pokemon, Pokemon trainer, or Pokemon breeder. I'm leaning more towards Pokemon though, then Pokemon breeder and last Pokemon trainer. It would be so cool to live in a world through a Pokemon's eyes. I'm sooo curious as to what it would be like! x3

-Neko

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I wouldn't want to be a Pokemon. Someone controlling me doesn't seem like fun. >< I'd be a Gym Leader, Elite Four member is out of the question because I'd never be that good. XD A Psychic Gym Leader. : 3

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I'd be the reporter guy from Sinnoh, the one who makes those shows about wild Pokemon. "Oh, it's holding a *insert item here*" "Ow, it scratced me!" and so on...

No, seriusly I'd propably be a trainer if I can't be a breeder. I would be one that focuses on traveling rather than battling or collecting Pokémon. For some reason, I just can't stand depositing those poor creatures on some PC... Also the idea of keeping them in tiny balls creeps me out, I am a claustrophobic myself after all. So, I'd keep them following me like Ash's Pikachu does. Inconvenient, but less lonely... I'd get all the badges, though. With my awesome team, nothing is impossible!

I could be a gym leader, too, but I don't know if I'd really like it... After all, their ultimate purpose is to lose to kids and wait for another kid to coem and beat the crap out of their Pokemon. It would be a lot more peaceful, though.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I chose villain, although to be successful in that field, you would need to be a good pokemon trainer. I would be the one hunting down legendaries while people like Ash try to, for no valid reason, stop me. I guess if that denotes villainry in the pokemon world, so be it, I am the villain. But I would stay away from organised crime. I'm more the unorganised type...

...The closest I would come to any of those organizations would be aiding Team Rocket in capturing Ash's pikachu, just because they deserve a break and I really dislike Ash.

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
    Years
  • I would have to go with Elite Four because they are very powerful pokemon trainers. Actually I would start my own Elite Four but instead, there would be an Elite trainer for every pokemon type, all 17 of the types, and one trainer that is the ABSOLute best out of the 17 people. Also the Elites aren't called Elites they're called Prestiges. So the 18 Prestiges that are part of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. BTW I created the whole organization lol.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    Pokemon Trainer. Just sounds better than all the other options =P Sounds more fun.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2022
    Me? I'd wanna be a gym leader, one of the early gym leaders, while I'd like to be water based, I'd take what I could get. Now see, what I'd do is, I'd have a back room, where I breed and train my pokémon, and then, whenever some kid comes in to challenge me, I'd grab like two (cause I can't have a full, party, who do I think I am, a final badge gym leader?) of the ones who just made it through basic training, you know, like level 10 or so, and hang out in the back of the main room. I'd watch my subordinates use the pokémon who are almost done with basic training, get thoroughly beaten, then boast about how unbeatable I am (both part of their jobs), and let the challenger come to me, then I'd lecture him or her about my half-thought out philosophy on life and pokémon (which are really the same, doncha know) which really has mostly to do with my type of Pokémon rather then any rules I'd really live by, but it adds to the drama. Then I'd accept the challenge, and when he gets me down to my last (2nd) Pokémon, I'd spam my gym's specialty move, regardless of how useless it is. If I win, I'd steal half of my opens cash before shooing them off to the pokémon center, heal my pokémon, and wait for them to come back, so I could say the same thing, even if they already heard it. When they beat me, I would act all shocked and surprised, like I thought there was no way I could lose with two level 10 pokémon. Then I'd give them the badge, a token amount of cash, and a TM containing my useless specialty move, and act like I don't give it to just anybody (even though I would, but it's nice to boost their confidence). Then, after they leave I'd head back to my back room to make sure I'd always have some Pokémon of the right level, and to hang out with my real team, with type variation, and decent move sets, you know, the team I used to actually prove I was competent to be a gym leader. ¬.¬

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I'd be the first Elite four member. No type for me but Psychic. I don't know why, but I ALWAYS need a Psychic on my team, even if you told me I was going against a team of Absols and Mightyenas.
    Gardevoir(44), Kadabra(47), Espeon(51), Bronzong(46) and Girafarig(47) would be my team, all with Psychic, and if possible a Fighting type to ward off the pesky Dark-lovers.

Back