• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on Shinies?

Do You Like Shinies??

• LOVE THEM

Votes: 57 65.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I dont care for them.

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    1. Do you like shinies?
    Shinies are nice. Though there are only a few shinies that are awesome. The others are... okay? They're pretty much any other Pokemon to me, though.

2. Have you ever found a shiny?
    Indeed I have.

3. If so, what pokemon was it?
    Silver: Donphan
    Gold: Oddish, Weedle
    Pearl: Budew

The others shinies that I have are either RNG'd, the egg in Crystal (Elekid), or traded over to me. That or I soft-resetted for it (i.e Shiny Bulbasaur in Soul Silver).

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
    Years
    i used to be afraid of shinies, but now i like them.

Pearl- I found a shiny bronzor in wayward cave but didn't catch it because i was scared of shinies that time.
    I found a shiny geodude in oreburgh mine and caught it.

Soul Silver- I fought a trainer with a shiny kabutops in the battle arcade, no hacks or ar.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    I voted love them but to be honest I don't.
    I appreciate them being a part of the game but there was no option saying 'yes'.
    Just 'I LOVE THEM'. -.-

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    I like them. Some of them are really cool looking. I like having them. I think it's fun. And I'm glad we're able to use this site to spread them around and make them less rare.

I ran into a shiny oddish in the forest on Heart Gold. It's the first and only I've ever run into. (Although I think I MIGHT have run into a shiny tentacool on Crystal once but I'm not certain because back then I didn't know about shinies) And yes, I caught the oddish. So that one's special.

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    To be honest, most of the shiny forms look absolutely terrible.

The puke green coloured shiny forms are the worst, most water types turn purple (no originality), some are so bad that you don't even know they are the shiny form and most very few "gold" pokemon are actually gold!

The only shinies i like are Zapdos (even though there is minimal change), the 3 dogs and Charizard.

Oh and Moltres. LOL

* Whenever i play a rom, i will always edit 90% of the shinies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love how shinys are different colours to their normal colours and usually pwetty :3
    I do dislike a few like charmeleon because charmeleons my fav pokemon and they made it yellow :( Although Black charizard is awsome :D
    Yes I have caught a few shinys in my time :) Pidgey (SS) Tangela (FR) Bagon (Pearl) - I think thats it :O

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Got a shiny finally after about 12 years of pokemon, going to kick out the worst starter in existence meganium and replace him with the shiny gloom I caught :D just need to find a leaf stone now, lol.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I never have, and never will, care for shinies. I don't see how they're relevant at all or why people make a fuss about them. I have a shiny Skuntank that I use competitively only because he's got the right nature and ability, and I think the colour scheme is just as nifty as the non-shiny one. That's about it, really.

Years
    1. Yes i do like shinies. I love the way they shine :P

2. Yes i have.

Pokemon Silver - None unfortunately
    Pokemon Emerald - Tentacool (Caught it, Cloned i, Traded it for a load of rare pokemon :P)
    Pokemon Leaf Green - Bublasaur (was soft-resseting for a modest one but i came along a shiny along the way :D)
    Pokemon Diamond - Roselia (caught it, trained it to level 100, evolved it, loving it even more now that its a Roserade)
    Pokemon Platinum - Haunter, Vulpix, Tyrouge, Nidoran♂, Eevee, Poliwag (All done using the madusa method through breeding XD)
    Pokemon Soul Silver - Giratina (Was resetting the game to watch the cool animation and when i hatched the egg it was shiny!!! Since though my game has been reset :()

Last edited:

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I don't like most of the shiny-coloured versions of Pokemon. But I suppose they're kind of cool as a little extra thing, given how rare they are and all that. That's why I always try to catch every shiny I encounter... which isn't much so far.

My first shiny was a Raticate in Crystal, I think. I also recently managed to catch a shiny Swinub for my team in Heart Gold. The snot-green colour looks terrible on Mamoswine (it'd probably look terrible on most, if not all, other Pokemon), but at least it sparkles...?

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Shiny pokemon are ok to me, it's cool whenever I do find one but I don't like them as much as to go out of my way to find one. I've only found three out of playing all the games, those pokemon were

- Snorunt (D/P)
    - Pikachu (FR/LG)
    - Ralts (R/S/E)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't have shinies except the Gyarados. ;___________;

Though due to that egg thing in Crystal or whatevs, I got two outta that, but other than that...nothing. :(

Though I really do want one. I got to a chain of 40 with Ponyta and accidentally forgot to use repel soo that blew that chance. And um. I was aiming to get a shiny Chansey and Cubone, but got lazy. Atm, whenever I play HG, trying to use Matsuda method but meh. XD;

In other words, I really want a shiny but I'm too lazy to bother trying to get one.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
    I had a Tentacruel in FR, Mareep in Gold, and Shinx in Pearl and recently Kakuna in SS, I really do like Shinies but some are just lazy like Armaldo,
    Anorith has Gold in place of Blue but Armaldo just looks like they layed foil over him and kept those colors and Garchomps thats just a darker form of itself.

Last edited:

Pikachu lvl88

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    1. I like that colors of some Pokemon but I dislike a wtf chance of meeting them o.o
    2. Yes.
    3. Spinda in Ruby (bwahaha)

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I never really bothered looking for a shiny, since I really do not care. I only caught one shiny back then, and it was Pidgey.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I really haven't been concerned with catching a shiny. A shiny Pokemon doesn't have any advantage over a regular Pokemon, other than the fact that it is of a different colour. I have only ever encountered the red Gyarados, which in my opinion doesn't really count as it can be found and caught by anyone as part of the game's storyline.

NatureKeeper

My first was a Bellsprout, but I didn't know that it was rare, and I casually released it.
    Next time was in my sis's Emerald, an Oddish. Sadly, I didn't have Pokéballs.
    Next time was on my sister's emerald, a DAMN shiny Zigzagoon. My sister kept it as an HM Slave. Until the save file was gone.
    The final time on Gameboy Advance, and ever was a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby which I released due to its uselessness. I do remember having it for sometimes, until that town island... The one with Brawly, you know?

Since Gen IV, I only found the Shiny Gyarados in Lake of Rage.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I don't care about shinies. I've never gone looking for them, the odds make it a colossal waste of time.

I find one or two with every generation. My first was a Caterpie in Crystal, then a Zigzagoon in Ruby, Tentacool in Emerald, Voltorb in LG and recently another Tentacool in HG.

I always catch them though. You can't not catch a shiny.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    I have been soooooo lucky twice in my live!!!
    i bought a dratini in firered,looked at it and said OMFG!!!!it's F****** shiny!!!
    and when i was hatching a larvitar for egg moves i again said:OMFG!!!!it's F****** shiny!!!

Years
    For the most part, shinies don't have much of a meaning to me besides something that's nice to have. I've yet to capture one in a real game cartridge and don't have time to go hunting/breeding for one, so building a love for them wouldn't be healthy for me either. I do wish I had more, though...

Back