• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on Shinies?

Do You Like Shinies??

• LOVE THEM

Votes: 57 65.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I dont care for them.

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    To be honest, I've never been much of a fan for Shiny Pokemons. They are only there for alternative coloring to a Pokemon or collecting. Nowadays, with the GTS and hacking, it became really easy to get a Shiny Pokemon. I have nothing against the idea, but it's something the franchise can live without. It's basically new colors and glitter, that's not really special.

However, I do like a certain few. It's always been one of my dream to get a Shiny Ponyta on my own. Then, I would evolve her into a Shiny Rapidash and my life would then be complete. :)

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    1. Shinies are cool, but people get a little obsessed with them. There's nothing really special about them apart from different colors...
    2. I found a shiny Spearow on my old Fire Red, but I turned it off and I forgot to save...:(
    3. ^^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I fondly remember my first shiny. I was coming out of Union cave in Pokemon Silver, and walked through the grass. The first Pokemon to attack me was a Shiny Spearow! I carefully whittled its HP down to about 1/4 (didn't want to risk too much), and caught it with my second Pokeball. Sadly, my silver save got deleted due to the internal battery dieing.

Other than that, I've gotten the Shiny Zigzagoon from the Berry Patch, Red Gyarados in HG and Silver(GBC), and PCP and a few others from trades. But the only one with my trainer ID and name is was the spearow.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    I never had the pleasure to come across a shiny.
    I only owned one shiny which was from a trade with my friend. It was a shiny Ninetales.
    Honestly I could care less about shiny pokemon. I just view them as trophies, or an aesthetic change to your team. They're too rare and don't have anything really worthwhile to them besides a color swap and an animation. I'm a wet blanket I know.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    1. Do you like shinies?
    - They're OK I guess.
    -SOmetimes they mess up a pokemons coolness, cuteness, etc.
    -sometimes they ENHANCE the coolness, etc.
    -Overall they're just like prizes, being rare and all
    2. Yes a few.
    3. First was Electrike. Found it on Ruby, under Cycling road.

Years
    I like shinies, and appreciate them, but then again, there only different colors. It would be so much better if they were slightly a bit more powerful than regular. That will just be plain awesome.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Shinies, to me, simply represent a novelty factor in a Pokemon. There are some shinies that make certain Pokemon look better, or cooler, but others look horrid (Here's lookin' at you, Groudon).

Back