• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen You're the champion of Unova, now what happens?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so you become the Champion after beating Alder, etc boring. However, your character, of Touko or Touya (aka Hilda/Hilbert, aka the Black/White protagonists) decides to settle down somewhere in Unova and get a job/perhaps family. Considering that Unova is a region where you can have a lot more occupations than in other games (or at least it seems like everyone works) and that it seems to have a lot of interesting history, I figure this would apply to Unova the best.

Does your character return to their home town often? Where would your character work? Would any other characters stop by their work place? Would they end up getting married? Who would they marry? Would they ditch their Pokemon like Ash in the anime? Where would they retire? Why do you think it's an appropriate place for them to retire? Does your character ever battle Alder again? Does your character ever see N again? Does your character ever befriend the mascot you don't catch? And so on! If you have anything else to add, please do!!

Don't list the questions in dot point form, be creative and descriptive of your post-e4 life! Try not to base this off what actually happens, and rather what you think would happen to your character, based upon what you know of Unova.

While this doesn't necessarily generate much discussion, it's not a post-and-go thread since you do need a lot of thought, so you don't have to reply to other people's posts if you don't want to. :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    well, lol. After beating the crap outta Alder, I still roam the lands as a adventurer looking for Pokemon. If I decided to go the evil path, I would become a Pokemon Poacher and sell Pokemon fur to other regions. That'd make me really rich.

Buuuut I'd rather go the good way. If I did that, I'd either become a juggler/dancer roaming the lands in a circus, or I'd rather have my character settle down in Gamefreak's office in Castelia. Maybe even become the owner of that small cafe in the city ;3 Or maybe I could become the gym leader of Castelia...

God there are just too many options xD;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    After my Hilda becomes the Champion, she begins a life similar to Alder's. She's still the Champion, but she doesn't want to stay in one place and just live at the League because she can't really make a difference there. However, she isn't willing to give up her title and travel to another region, because there's still so much of Unova that she hasn't seen!

So she spends her time going to various Unova events, and trying to teach people about the bond between Pokemon and humans. Although she beat Alder, she still trains with him and learns his knowledge of Unova. In addition, she seeks to end the rather isolated nature of Unova due to her curiosity about other regions. She visits them once in a while and tries to set up an airport so everyone can visit, but Unova is still her home. In the end she settles down in Nimbasa City, where she can hone her skills in the Subway, never get bored with the amusement park, and visit Castelia whenever she likes.

:3

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • I would first go around Unova and other regions to catch every possible Pokémon, by the way spreading knowledge to young trainers. Then I'd build myself a lab somewhere in Nacrene City or Opelucid City and research the hell outta my Pokémon. And then I'd become an explorer and discover a new region! \o/

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I would be traveling around the Unova region. LOL. I don't want to be pretty mcuh stucked in the league. I will try to capture all Pokemon and accomplish whaat my true goal was: finish the Pokedex.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I go into seclusion because despite beating the Champion and taking down Team Plasma.. I've received no recognition whatsoever and the previous Champion still maintained his position :( I mean, I'm not asking for a plaque, but some name/face recognition would be nice :/

Years
  • Well, after defeating Alder my character kept trying to catch 'em all, although his Serperior caught Rabies in a fight with a pack of feral Patrat. Knowing that it was his fault my character got depression and started taking Rare Candy's to block out the pain, after Serperior died he released all his Pokemon and moved to Kanto, he lived out the rest of his days in solitude in the Seafoam Islands.

The end!

Detso

~•Artisticness!•~
    Years
  • After becoming Champion, I decide to let Alder keep the position, as there is much more to see in Unova. As I train more, I become interested in researching Pokemon. I decide to become the Professer of Unova and learn everything I can. I take the test to become one, and ace it. Juniper retires, and I take her place. Alder steps down as well, with Iris (Anime one) taking his place. However, I battle Iris for that position, and win. I let her secretly have it, so that when the next challenger (who I gave his/her starter Pokemon to), I suprise them with me being Champion!

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • After beating Alder, I decide that training Pokemon just isn't right for me. So I purchase a bit of free land in the Unova region and set up a day care centre of my own, and eventually expand into the Athletic business with my partner Snivy that never evolved. The Pokeathlon is brought to Nimbassa, where my character lives out his life in the company of Pokemon.

Also demolishes the two stadiums there, because, really, who's going to argue with Zekrom at that point?

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • Maybe If I'd be champion, I'd run for the Governor of the Unova region, with Pokemon Polls and Votes. :3

Haha. Just kidding, but if I would be living a decent life after that raging battle, I would decide to run a Pokemon Preserve. I would love my rare Pokemon and their offspring live peacefully at a land I own, full of protection.

And I'd have Zekrom and Reshiram as my body guards.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After I defeated Alder I challenged him one other time and beat him. Now all I do is spend most of my time in Nimbasa City training at the stadiums. My current goal at this very moment is to see a swarm of Mankey which I have yet to see. I train and try to catch every pokemon. I spend most my time with my Braviary which I have become very fond toward and cannot part with him unless I need to. I want to train him to level 100 and he become my number 1 pokemon. My other goal is to make a pokemon team for each genration and train them all to 100. I plan on challengeing Alder again,but not yet. It is not time for that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    After defeating Alder I would return to meet my mentor Cynthia in Undella Town and finally succeed her as a battler, then take off on my Charizard or Hydreigon and depart for either Johto or Hoenn to venture the world in search of new Pokemon to obtain.

But seriously though the most I would do is grind my team and occasionally face someone like Cheren, Bianca, or Morimoto when I started to get short on cash. Have yet to challenge the Battle Subway though but I'm working on preparing a strong enough team for that right now.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • After becoming the Champion, I'd travel across the regions, catching the Pokemon necessary for the National Dex. I'd also continue being a Pokemon trainer, challenging anyone willing for a battle, and possibly giving advice to them afterward.

Years
  • After I become the Champion, I would lower taxes I would let the current champion keep it, until I come back for it. I would Keep my current Pokemon, making them stronger as I travel. I travel throughout all the regions, defeating all the gyms and elite fours and champions. I would also defeat all the Battle Frontiers. After that, I would enter in all the contests and win them.

Then, I would become a part of Team Rocket. I would get to wear those really cool black outfits that I sampled once in Jhoto. I would slowly climb up the ranks until I become da boss's right hand man. If Team Rocket starts to decline, I would go back to my position as the champion of Unova.

Of course, is the tournament of the Champions of each region, but when there is nothing to do, I'll make a home in the room where I wait for challengers. I'll transform the whole room into a home. When challengers come through, all the stuff (beds, stoves, walls, etc.) sink into the floor to expose a battle field.

I guess I would never settle down.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • After becoming the Unova Champion, I would become the Protector of Unova. I would create the position myself and demand payment from the Unovan government - nothing extravagant, just enough to live comfortably, and in return Unova gets protection from any other groups of people plotting to take over the region for their own personal gains. I would have a home and office in Castelia and people could call me if they saw any suspicious behaviour.

I'd meet a nice girl and we'd settle down and have one child. One. The only reason for this is that after I die, somebody needs to be trusted with using Reshiram to continue my noble work. I'd retire in my hometown or on that nice bridge that has the houses and I'd die in my sleep aged 96.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, first I would hit the mall and buy some decent clothes so I don't look like a stripper. Then I'd return home, show Mom my cute frilly dress and tell her exactly where she can shove the stripper clothes she forced me to wear on my journey. Then I'd investigate the possible connection between Alder and Cipher Admin Dakim. An arrest may be forthcoming. I'd also track down both Ghetsis and N and make sure they face justice.

After that I'd like to meet up with my mentor, Leaf, the champion of Kanto (though there are rumors she's left the region entirely and is living somewhere on the South Carolina coast). I'd also get my Pokemon replaced with vastly superior species from other regions. If possible, I'd like to introduce some of those species into the region without upsetting the current ecosystem. Then I'd bring the region into the modern age by introducing things like major name stores, restaurants, and hotels. I'd get those butt-ugly Pikachu fixtures removed from Castelia and Nimbasa, and replace them with images of the region's namesake, the Chevrolet Nova. Then I'd become a rich and powerful CEO and buy a vast island estate somewhere. Battling would then become only a casual affair, and I'd pass the Champion torch on to one that I deem worthy. I'd be doing way too much travel, both for business and for leisure, to constantly be taking on challengers. Then I'd like to retire rich.

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • After becoming Champion, I roam each region searching for Mewtwo. After befriending the Legendary creature, we dissappear into Mt.Coronet for a long period of training with my other fellow pokemon until a worthy challenger comes to face me.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Warning! My "little" story is in a spoiler tag because once I started writing I just couldn't stop so it is ridiculously long. Just a heads up :P

Spoiler:

Back