• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yuuichi's pixel art

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Yuuichi's Pixel Art
    First of all determined by skill im still a beginner but everyone is at some point.

Fakemon
    Spoiler:

Trainers
    Spoiler:

Ow's

Spoiler:

Scrapheap

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Alright I have a few things for you there yuuichi.

1. Don't use default Paint colors.
    2. You should try to tackle sprites before heading into pixel art as your outline is too thick.
    3. NEVER! Save as jpeg or bmp. Save it as PNG it is the extension that is commonly used and excepted for any sprites or pixel work.

Read some tutorials that are on the site and you will get better. You have potential, just keep working at it and you will do fine.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Alright I have a few things for you there yuuichi.

1. Don't use default Paint colors.
    2. You should try to tackle sprites before heading into pixel art as your outline is too thick.
    3. NEVER! Save as jpeg or bmp. Save it as PNG it is the extension that is commonly used and excepted for any sprites or pixel work.

Read some tutorials that are on the site and you will get better. You have potential, just keep working at it and you will do fine.

Follow this advice. And also try to keep the outlines to one pixel. On your first piece some of the outlines are thick and that doesn't look good. Try reading Chesu's spriting tutorials. They're stickied in the Pixel Art section and are really helpful.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    i know the first one is bad
    yuuichi's pixel art

yuuichi's pixel art

yuuichi's pixel art
    these are actually the only ones i think i did a good job on but i decided to put all of them up to see what people think of them

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    You still saved them either as jpeg or bmp.

Save them as PNG most computers have this extension

Years
    Whew....Okay....

Stop. Rewind.

Start small, draw something you see. Like a ball or a cup. Make sure to look at the shadows or highlights.
    You need to get the basics of art down, for sprites or anything really.
    An outline is not required, but usually it works better, but make sure to keep it to 1 pixel thick.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    STEP 2:

Now, add an outline to it, add the black line between the 2 pieces, and round the center. It's jaggy and spiky, smooth it out.

Also, establish a light source on the pokeball, and add more contrast. I'd recommend you to redo the shading entirely, and have like 2 or 3 shades per color.

NO circle tools or any other tools, I agree with Domin-8. Do it all manually.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Ok, but you didn't read the tutorials, they will teach you how to shade better. And I have a strange feeling that you used the circle tool to make that.

Years
    Vişne Tanrıça said draw a ball and i did a pokeball to be specific
    yuuichi's pixel art

Well yeah I said a ball, but I said "look" at one.
    If you would look you would notice that you're not going to have a straight line of shading, it will wrap around. You have to have an understanding of how things are in the real world before you make fictional things.

As everyone said you might want to look at some tutorials.

You can call me Rica, btw. (Even though the actual Rıça would be said [Ree-jah])

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    i have two sprites but i havent fininshed the trainer one
    yuuichi's pixel art

yuuichi's pixel art

These are an improvement! Try to choose duller colors than these since these are so highly saturated. On the purple sprite you seem to be using a lightsource, I'd imagine that you know what that is. If you don't, it's where the light hits the sprite.
    Now try to take more time on your outlines, placing each pixel one at a time, it may take a while but in most cases it's worth it.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    The start of the trainer looks pretty good but some of the outlines seem scratchy/choppy. Like the bottom of the arm that's sticking out. The fakemon need more shading/lighting. Where is the light source? I ask that because if you're thinking of using it in your hack then you need to change the light source. Try it in the top left instead of top right. The shading should be more towards the lower right and the lighting more towards the upper left. Overall they're a good start they just need some touching up.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    ill be sure to fix the trainer

and the fakemons an octopus so the light is coming from the top of the water where the sun is shining on the water and no im not using it in my hack

I made a balloon ow i took a screen of it in a map
    yuuichi's pixel art

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    really they arent that good, if you want help with spriting i can do some descent ones, look at my pixel art,

No offense, but I don't think you're inclined to help because the fact is, you're not that good either. Don't take it the wrong way, just sayin.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    my newest sprite
    fire/fighting
    shoctunshi
    yuuichi's pixel art

back sprite
    yuuichi's pixel art

please rate

any body have any ideas for names

edit:shiny version(its a recolor of it :P)
    yuuichi's pixel art

yuuichi's pixel art

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Well done - this update is a very big improvement!

The shading though... well, the sprite doesnt look as though the light is coming fro anywhere
    but it is supposed to come from top-left!

other than that it is a good design and good idea!

7/10

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    sprite doesnt look as though the light is coming fro anywhere
    7/10
    Think about he is made of pure flame
    flames make light so when you think about it he is the light source

yuuichi's pixel art

shoctunshi
    the fire one i think this one is the best

yuuichi's pixel art