• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yuuichi's pixel art

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    no offense, but these are terrible, sorry. Use a variety of shading, and use darker outlines, as they tend to look better.

This fire one, shoctunshi, or whatever it is, has the saem backsprite as the frontsprite, you just chopped the bottom off.

t's good that your sprite have a distinct shape, but with the 3 new ones I can see no limbs, just a whole much of colours.

No offence, but read tutorials and priactice. A lot.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Use a variety of shading, and use darker outlines, as they tend to look better.
    they have shading
    Shoctunshi(fire) is coming from the middle where the fire is strongest causing more light

shockunshun(thunder) the light is simple to see so theres no use in pointing out

tsuntunshi(water) do you expect water to cast a shadow or even show light for that matter

This fire one, shoctunshi, or whatever it is, has the saem backsprite as the frontsprite, you just chopped the bottom off.
    its the back of the head look closely at both
    the body back sprites on show the top half
    how different on both sides do you expect fire to be

t's good that your sprite have a distinct shape, but with the 3 new ones I can see no limbs, just a whole much of colours.
    even though thnder fire and water shoudnt have limbs they do

yuuichi's pixel art
    yuuichi's pixel art
    yuuichi's pixel art

arms are circled read
    legs are circle yellow

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    they have shading
    Shoctunshi(fire) is coming from the middle where the fire is strongest causing more light

shockunshun(thunder) the light is simple to see so theres no use in pointing out

tsuntunshi(water) do you expect water to cast a shadow or even show light for that matter

its the back of the head look closely at both
    the body back sprites on show the top half
    how different on both sides do you expect fire to be

even though thnder fire and water shoudnt have limbs they do

yuuichi's pixel art
    yuuichi's pixel art
    yuuichi's pixel art

arms are circled read
    legs are circle yellow

1. I mean that the shading makes it look like the lighting is from everywhere. heres a tip: say the light is fropm the top right. draw a red circle there so you know that you make the shading around the fact that the lgiht if from the circle. easy.

2. Oh wow, you took the little humanoid face off the sprite, chopped the bottom off and claimed it the back sprite. look at the backsprites of other pokemon. they have them facing towards the top right, and the fonts sprites facing to the bottom lef tor the left. you have it facing fowards and its backsprite facing towards the top lef,t not the top right.

3. ok fine, but put some darker outline and shading underneath where the limbs are, adding a shadow and thus making it easier to see the limb.

I wasnt commenting spiecifically oin thos sprites, but on all your sprites. keep practing, and keeps these things in mind.

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    i dont get it are you complimenting by saying different or insulting

I think hes saying that they're not like other sprites that people do. I would say they're extravagant, and oddly mishapen. but that's just me.

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    again, the shading is horrible. and it's too blocky, and doesn't look 3-d like most sprites do. and how do you know this would actually fit correctly into a tileset? Also, it isn't symetrical.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    again, the shading is horrible. and it's too blocky, and doesn't look 3-d like most sprites do. and how do you know this would actually fit correctly into a tileset? Also, it isn't symetrical.
    first of all this is my first try at a tile
    second of all this isnt a sprite
    3rd it wasnt made to fit in a tileset
    and fourth and foremost a tile doesnt need to be symetrical

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    first of all this is my first try at a tile
    second of all this isnt a sprite
    3rd it wasnt made to fit in a tileset
    and fourth and foremost a tile doesnt need to be symetrical

First if it's your first time then don't post it up
    second it is a sprite becuse it's made in pixels, much like every building and tile in the pokemon games., that's no excuse for poor shading.
    3rd ok, I was just checking.
    fourth if it'd a building it might need to be. but I guess it's your chioce.

without any shading it's going to look so out fo place and horrible in a hack or RPG

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    cool - good progress - you can rip now - i want to see more scratch sprites though!
    ive been able to rip i ripped stuff before but at first i just planned on using this thread for my sprites but i got bored
    and i have alot of scratch already

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Hmmm... but from the comments youve been getting I'd say you need to make more scratch - that way you can improve - there is always room for improvement!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My latest creation
    yuuichi's pixel art

Well, technically, if you ripped, then edited, it wouldn't really be called your creation.

There's also a possibility that you didn't edit, or rip because:

1. I saw that silver sprite from another hack.
    2. You could've went on a site like Spriter's Resource, and copied some of the sprites, then put them in paint, and then put together that picture above.
    3. They don't look edited, and if edited, and editor will always keep the full sprite. (the top of your house is gone)
    4. I know this is editing and ripping, but judging from your skills so far, it seems you can't even edit. (not saying you can't, it just seems that way)

Maybe you can look at a tutorial for spriting, like Chesu's spriting tutorial.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Well, technically, if you ripped, then edited, it wouldn't really be called your creation.

There's also a possibility that you didn't edit, or rip because:

1. I saw that silver sprite from another hack.
    2. You could've went on a site like Spriter's Resource, and copied some of the sprites, then put them in paint, and then put together that picture above.
    3. They don't look edited, and if edited, and editor will always keep the full sprite. (the top of your house is gone)
    4. I know this is editing and ripping, but judging from your skills so far, it seems you can't even edit. (not saying you can't, it just seems that way)

Maybe you can look at a tutorial for spriting, like Chesu's spriting tutorial.
    1. you probaly did since i only edited 1 or 2 and silver is ripped one oth ones just ripped
    2.i didnt go to spriters resource i went to the hg/ss image overhaul theread and ripped them from screen of hg/ss
    3.the screen didnt have the top half
    4.and if it seems you dont know its true which means its your opinion and if your opinion isnt constructive than keep it to yorself

Last edited:
    Back