• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Looks really nice so far. The overworld graphics and music definitely make it feel like a Zelda game. Looking forward to more. :)

P.S. The font for the mart's item menu is a bit hard to read. Maybe just use a solid black font? Never mind. Missed the earlier post where you said you were working on it. Oops.

P.P.S. Just wondering, since this is a hack of a Pokemon game, we probably can't throw stuff around and break them? :(

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Looks really nice so far. The overworld graphics and music definitely make it feel like a Zelda game. Looking forward to more. :)

P.S. The font for the mart's item menu is a bit hard to read. Maybe just use a solid black font? Never mind. Missed the earlier post where you said you were working on it. Oops.

P.P.S. Just wondering, since this is a hack of a Pokemon game, we probably can't throw stuff around and break them? :(

No, but maybe if I can figure out how to change rock smash it could be used for more than rocks eventually :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
No, but maybe if I can figure out how to change rock smash it could be used for more than rocks eventually :D

That would be awesome! c: Had to ask because I saw the chicken in the teaser video and had an awful urge to throw it around the town until its cousins attacked me. >:) Good times.

Danno

Years
That would be awesome! c: Had to ask because I saw the chicken in the teaser video and had an awful urge to throw it around the town until its cousins attacked me. >:) Good times.

I have a different plan for the chickens lol. Thinkin' maybe if you collect the chickens and return them to Anju she'll give you one to fight with. Easy way to obtain the monster, but it'll be like the Magikarp of this game :D

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I honestly have no idea how ROM hacks work and all and can't even fathom how much work it's taken you to get to this point, but I just wanted to let you know that I really like what you've got going so far and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Nicely done, keep up the great work. You've got my support.

Danno

Years
I honestly have no idea how ROM hacks work and all and can't even fathom how much work it's taken you to get to this point, but I just wanted to let you know that I really like what you've got going so far and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Nicely done, keep up the great work. You've got my support.

The pixel art has been more time consuming than anything else thus far (except research of course). Thanks for the support! :)

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Great work so far! Hopefully switching programs didn't set you back too far!

I like the idea of how you get a Cuckoo in this game. Like a Magikarp, huh? Will it evolve into a horde of Cuckoos with legendary stats? {XD}

Danno

Years
Great work so far! Hopefully switching programs didn't set you back too far!

I like the idea of how you get a Cuckoo in this game. Like a Magikarp, huh? Will it evolve into a horde of Cuckoos with legendary stats? {XD}

Lol Maybe. Though I'd make it so it evolves at like level 45 or something ridiculous like that :D

Some familiar faces:
MlRyY.jpg

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Ohey I did a thing.

iJVPq.jpg

Thanks Teh Blazer for some clarification about XSE stuff.

(No, this won't be what he says in the game. :D I just wanted to try doing the alt colors and switching back to regular colors as seen in normal Zelda games.)

One of my favorite textbox and colors in a hack. Love the colors.

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
This looks Fantastic! But I've been hearing talk on the forums that they found a way to insert diagonally walking in to fire red. Would you consider doing this? I think it'd make the game feel a whole lot more like Zelda! Not that it doesn't already of course :)

Danno

Years
This looks Fantastic! But I've been hearing talk on the forums that they found a way to insert diagonally walking in to fire red. Would you consider doing this? I think it'd make the game feel a whole lot more like Zelda! Not that it doesn't already of course :)

In a heartbeat! Though I'd still use the 4 directions he faces now for the sprites. Do you remember where you saw that?

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Ahh so it's being made for another game, that's cool I can go without it :D

Just another small update, the numbers are temporary but I have the lost woods working kinda. Only have two areas to go around so far but there'll be more to come.

352ogph.jpg
2b2nms.jpg

The thing that I don't like about it is that with the fog, if I want the top of the log to cover the player's head, it can't unless the entire log is above the fog, so when you walk into them you're walking on them
Example:
wilzcl.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
I have a different plan for the chickens lol. Thinkin' maybe if you collect the chickens and return them to Anju she'll give you one to fight with. Easy way to obtain the monster, but it'll be like the Magikarp of this game :D

Haha, I like the idea of Magikarp => Chicken in this game. That would be hilarious. Or you could add a super sketchy NPC that tries to scam you into buying a Chicken. {XD}

The mapping looks really good so far! :) And yeah, adding fogs is pretty hard to do for a ROM hack - currently playing another hack with a fog map, and that part had some graphical bugs too. Hope you can find a way to minimize the bugs.

Danno

Years
Haha, I like the idea of Magikarp => Chicken in this game. That would be hilarious. Or you could add a super sketchy NPC that tries to scam you into buying a Chicken. {XD}

The mapping looks really good so far! :) And yeah, adding fogs is pretty hard to do for a ROM hack - currently playing another hack with a fog map, and that part had some graphical bugs too. Hope you can find a way to minimize the bugs.

I could either do that with the Cuccos or scatter them all around the map and make the cucco OP.......... lol... have it high in HP and attack or something. Or maybe both, like, have it so you can collect the ones in the village and return them to her for a normal weak cucco, or collect golden ones around the map for the stronger one.

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I just had a thought/concern about something. Will you change the currency to Rupees? If so, how will it be displayed?

Danno

Years
I just had a thought/concern about something. Will you change the currency to Rupees? If so, how will it be displayed?

Of course, ill change the font character to a rupee symbol. I dont have high hopes for a HUD at this point. I uploaded a video 2 hours ago btw and its still processing (wtf youtube) so ill share it when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back