• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
So I'm about halfway done with the Lost Woods, this is taking forever but it's worth it. All warps are working great as I used a map that I didn't need to change the size of and was already an outdoor map, the Trainer Tower. Here's the progress I have so far (note: The grass patterns are only there for dev purposes, it'll be spruced up later)
Spoiler:

Showing the music but not the route, here's a video:

This video also shows the bushes havent been changed yet on the new rom im working with.

Now as a side note to this I need to mention that for a few days starting tomorrow night (probably til Tuesday night) I won't be getting much done, as I'm going out of town for a family reunion. It's gonna kill me to not work on this however lol. (Maybe I'll throw my project files on a flash drive and bring it with me but even still I won't be able to get too much done)

Ahhhh the lost woods are fun.
First person to ask on it can try the patch. (Since I just restarted the hack on a new rom, there's not much but maps right now but it sure is entertaining)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
I would like to try it. So much progress has been made! I really like hacks that change Pokémon FireRed to something that gives a totally different feeling.

Years
In my opinion the log exits would be far better if they used the "Arrow down => warp under block" style of warps that is used in caves and so on. This looks intriguing, though! Good luck and keep up the cool work!

Danno

Years
In my opinion the log exits would be far better if they used the "Arrow down => warp under block" style of warps that is used in caves and so on. This looks intriguing, though! Good luck and keep up the cool work!

Ahh, that's how you'd go about it! Yeah, the current setup was annoying me but I'd have settled with it if I had to. Thanks!

EDIT:

Nope, didn't work.
5mY7t.jpg

The arrow is also out of place in this game, but I'm pretty sure what causes that effect in the caves is the background byte 00 00. If I set it to that, it will indeed cover the player, but it makes it so the tiles appear above the fog which just looks wrong.

Here's something else though:

sBro8.jpg

Last edited:
Years
If you look at how caves do it, they apply the 65 etc. behaviour byte to the byte above the warp. This would mean that you'd have to change the grass tiles above the logs to a tile with that behaviour byte, but it would work.

Danno

Years
If you look at how caves do it, they apply the 65 etc. behaviour byte to the byte above the warp. This would mean that you'd have to change the grass tiles above the logs to a tile with that behaviour byte, but it would work.

I did that, followed the behavior bytes and background bytes identical to Navel Rock's interior (the block above the log and the log are both changed), and moved the warp event to match that... and it just makes you warp before you even get to the log.

qKaTJ.jpg

bZOKn.jpg

As you can see it doesn't fix the problem... it just makes it so you can't even step on the tile, you warp above it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The only solution I can imagine is removing the arrow graphic altogether by editing it and deleting every pixel, making it invisible. That is, if you don't mind not ever having the arrow anywhere else. You said it was out of place in the game right?

Danno

Years
The only solution I can imagine is removing the arrow graphic altogether by editing it and deleting every pixel, making it invisible. That is, if you don't mind not ever having the arrow anywhere else. You said it was out of place in the game right?

Yeah it's not just that, so I'm just going to leave it how it was.

Years
That was my intention. In my opinion it looks better than walking on top of the log as its implied that Link walks through it during the fades. But its your hack, and either work I suppose!

iv0

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
WOW! The lost wood really is nostalgic. My favorite track from all the Zelda games. I'm really so excited!

Danno

Years
That was my intention. In my opinion it looks better than walking on top of the log as its implied that Link walks through it during the fades. But its your hack, and either work I suppose!

One of the main reasons I'm against that approach is that I want the Lost Woods to be a pain to get through like the Viridian forest, where as soon as you step out of a log you're in a potential encounter zone. That won't work if the bush is set like that :P Plus it just feels better to actually be able to walk toward the log instead of just near it with the assumption you would go that way.

@iv0: Thanks :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
asdfghjkl totally gonna wait for this!! :) Supporting you! I love it. I've seen some Zelda hack but it's kinda uh not good. But wow I love this one!! :) Hope you won't stop this one, keep it up

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
How the living heck did I not see this sooner?!?!

How dare I call myself a LoZFanGirl!

Bookmarked! Subscribed! Eagerly awaiting updates! This project is one that I shall watch like a hawk!

I only wish I had something to contribute! Good luck! Future HOTY, right here!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
This seems very intresting, me being a natural LoZ Fanboy I'll be keeping an eye on this. c:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I don't comment or post about stuff often but thought I'd make an exception with this. The level of awesomeness is off the charts. The black text boxes go so well with the tiles, and the music is very fitting as well. The sprites also look very professional. One thing i'd like to say is, styling the rest of the game menus and the battle boxes/backgrounds to fit with the overworld, that would make things look even better. I'll be keeping a close eye on the progress and playing this hack for sure, good luck.

Danno

Years
I don't comment or post about stuff often but thought I'd make an exception with this. The level of awesomeness is off the charts. The black text boxes go so well with the tiles, and the music is very fitting as well. The sprites also look very professional. One thing i'd like to say is, styling the rest of the game menus and the battle boxes/backgrounds to fit with the overworld, that would make things look even better. I'll be keeping a close eye on the progress and playing this hack for sure, good luck.

Thanks LaZ, you and zeikku are the reason I got back into rom hacking. Means a lot from you. Im still away from home until tomorrow, more progress coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back