• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Wow, this seems like a really nice hack, great idea tbh!

Thanks :D Though I've been away I haven't stopped thinking... some great things are to come, at least idea-wise. Not so sure about implementation though with all of the things of course.

EDIT: I'm finally home, I'm exhausted though and might take a nap or just chill a bit, it's been a stressful couple of days. I'll get to working on this again either later tonight or tomorrow :)

I will add that one of the ideas I'm thinking of is removing the idea of choosing between 3 starters, and just making it so you obtain them later anyways. Instead, you'd receive one starter and have to start the game off with it. That would either be a fairy, or some sort of 'conscience' like Navi/Tatl or Midna would play in the Zelda games, there to replace Oak in certain messages (like you can't use that here) and to help solve puzzles maybe.

I want to make it so once you obtain the Power Bracelet item you can use the Strength action on the overworld at any time. I also would like to limit the amount of berries in the game and turn them into the Ember Seeds, Mystery seeds etc that you keep in your Seed Satchel in the oracle games, where you can allow your pokemon to consume them or you can use them for other purposes (like the ember seeds lighting torches.)

Another thought was... since we're doing away with the weapons as far as normal combat goes... why not make them into items still? What if say, the Hylian Shield was a held item that gave you extra defense, the Lens of Truth gave better accuracy, and Master Sword would be the ultimate ATK booster? Thoughts on this?

EDIT AGAIN (Thursday):
    The first dungeon's exterior, I'm working on it.

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)
    Those are the two brown palettes I'm using (at the moment lol) and the second one looks pretty good as a dead deku tree should the story go that way. The interior of the dungeon won't be similar to the OOT Deku Tree however.

I'm also ditching the fog, at least for this area, and replacing it with a different weather effect. No more log problems:

Finished layout for the Lost Woods:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Thanks :D Though I've been away I haven't stopped thinking... some great things are to come, at least idea-wise. Not so sure about implementation though with all of the things of course.

EDIT: I'm finally home, I'm exhausted though and might take a nap or just chill a bit, it's been a stressful couple of days. I'll get to working on this again either later tonight or tomorrow :)

I will add that one of the ideas I'm thinking of is removing the idea of choosing between 3 starters, and just making it so you obtain them later anyways. Instead, you'd receive one starter and have to start the game off with it. That would either be a fairy, or some sort of 'conscience' like Navi/Tatl or Midna would play in the Zelda games, there to replace Oak in certain messages (like you can't use that here) and to help solve puzzles maybe.

I want to make it so once you obtain the Power Bracelet item you can use the Strength action on the overworld at any time. I also would like to limit the amount of berries in the game and turn them into the Ember Seeds, Mystery seeds etc that you keep in your Seed Satchel in the oracle games, where you can allow your pokemon to consume them or you can use them for other purposes (like the ember seeds lighting torches.)

Another thought was... since we're doing away with the weapons as far as normal combat goes... why not make them into items still? What if say, the Hylian Shield was a held item that gave you extra defense, the Lens of Truth gave better accuracy, and Master Sword would be the ultimate ATK booster? Thoughts on this?

EDIT AGAIN (Thursday):
    The first dungeon's exterior, I'm working on it.

Those are the two brown palettes I'm using (at the moment lol) and the second one looks pretty good as a dead deku tree should the story go that way. The interior of the dungeon won't be similar to the OOT Deku Tree however.

I'm also ditching the fog, at least for this area, and replacing it with a different weather effect. No more log problems:

Finished layout for the Lost Woods:

Spoiler:

First of all, loving that tree there.

Maybe use rain instead of fog? I can't say it'll fit much but its worth a try.

Danno

Years
  • First of all, loving that tree there.

Maybe use rain instead of fog? I can't say it'll fit much but its worth a try.

Thanks man, did it from scratch by looking at how the different Maku trees were made and the shape of the Deku tree naturally :D
    I'm using 'cloudy' and it makes things a little darker for the lost woods... I'll experiment with the rain and see how it looks. Working on adding the dungeon interior now.

The look isn't final, of course, just testing tiles and functionality.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Gotta say, I'm loving every little bit of this game. :D The sprite work is some of the best I've seen ever. Also loving Lost Woods, at the moment. I'm keeping track mainly from your videos. The dungeon looks cool, and I'm surprised this isn't final.

Danno

Years
  • Gotta say, I'm loving every little bit of this game. :D The sprite work is some of the best I've seen ever. Also loving Lost Woods, at the moment. I'm keeping track mainly from your videos. The dungeon looks cool, and I'm surprised this isn't final.

Thanks, got a lot of work ahead of me though. Before you'll even be able to get into the deku tree in the real game you'll have to go to the deku palace and go through some events there. The work continues to pile up but I'm mainly concerning myself with graphics, music and mapping at this point. I want to have enough mapping done to be able to test new features in their proper environments once the (dreaded)time comes for scripting things haha.

I'm not entirely happy with the way the rooms will connect (because I still wouldn't know how to make the camera work as it does in the GBC games and Minish Cap) but making it look like this:

and having it warp to different parts on the same map with plenty of black surrounding the rooms so you can't peek ahead will work I guess.

Oh, and I tested the rain, it's the same as 'cloudy' but... with rain. lol. So I'll stay without it.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Great updates. 1 of my favorite hacks thus far. The lost woods and deku look great. Almost forgot this was still a pokemon hack XD Graphics are sweet.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Good ideas! I think that's the best way to include them all, as long as their functions still match up (or are close at least!).

:D

Danno

Years

• Showing the music and the only 2 rooms of the first dungeon I have so far. The camera bothers me and I seriously will need some coaching with scripting eventually, but that's not my concern yet. :P

I've also edited and inserted Link's trainer sprite. It's not too noticable, but his arms are thinner and the leg on the right doesn't look as awkward anymore:

And the shiny Cucco:

It's... really... shiny. :D

There's the keese. It was originally based off the OOT one, then I added the face of the newer games, so it's a mix between OOT/MM, WW, TP and SS. Lol.

EDIT:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I never run into shinies! Like, Ever Ever EVER and yet while messing around with PokeCry this happened:

I swear, no codes, but I don't have any pokeballs anyways... What BS :D That's terrible.

Started working on the items and mini sprites:

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I like the dungeon altogether.

Infact this whol hack seems amazing! Well done.

Also, I need to ask, is that Ganondorf in your signature, if so, he looks awfully like the Beta Ganondorf in the Oracle Series shown in Hyrule Historia?

Danno

Years
  • I like the dungeon altogether.

Infact this whol hack seems amazing! Well done.

Also, I need to ask, is that Ganondorf in your signature, if so, he looks awfully like the Beta Ganondorf in the Oracle Series shown in Hyrule Historia?

One and the same :) I created the sprites for him based on that look, and yes he'll be in this game with that appearance (for the first time :D)

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    A zelda game in a pokemon hack? Okay then. I don't mind. Anyways, it is a great game. I really love it. I can't wait to play it.^^

Danno

Years
  • A zelda game in a pokemon hack? Okay then. I don't mind. Anyways, it is a great game. I really love it. I can't wait to play it.^^

lol you don't mind huh

well I'd make it either way, so I guess it's a good thing you like it lmao. thanks

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014

Showing the music and the only 2 rooms of the first dungeon I have so far. The camera bothers me and I seriously will need some coaching with scripting eventually, but that's not my concern yet. :P

I've also edited and inserted Link's trainer sprite. It's not too noticable, but his arms are thinner and the leg on the right doesn't look as awkward anymore:

And the shiny Cucco:

It's... really... shiny. :D

There's the keese. It was originally based off the OOT one, then I added the face of the newer games, so it's a mix between OOT/MM, WW, TP and SS. Lol.

EDIT:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I never run into shinies! Like, Ever Ever EVER and yet while messing around with PokeCry this happened:

I swear, no codes, but I don't have any pokeballs anyways... What BS :D That's terrible.

Started working on the items and mini sprites:

Your progress is awesome and you should feel awesome for your progress. XD

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • Everyone is just knocking my socks off with these creative ideas. I love the fact that you used Link's Awakening style tiles, since that game had a few crossover enemies in it linking it to other Nintendo worlds. I've seen a project similar to this before, but it turned out to be awful in the end, so I can't wait to see how well you blend the world of Zelda and Pokemon together.

Danno

Years
  • Everyone is just knocking my socks off with these creative ideas. I love the fact that you used Link's Awakening style tiles, since that game had a few crossover enemies in it linking it to other Nintendo worlds. I've seen a project similar to this before, but it turned out to be awful in the end, so I can't wait to see how well you blend the world of Zelda and Pokemon together.

Well I'm probably not using the anti-kirbies or goombas lol... there are plenty of Zelda monsters from other games that can be used, but thanks for your support.

Bit busy this week with working and family visiting, but I plan on getting some more done before September rolls 'round and I won't be as active for 3 months.

Side note: These guys were way too big even though I already shrunk them, so I shrunk them again and now they look good. Also, new battle text options.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Waitwaitwait, did you at least save state your shiny encounter? Please tell me you did. Use cheats to give yourself a freakin masterball man! It sounds cheap but damn it if you encounter a shiny you deserve to keep it! Happened to me twice in Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers. Don't regret it one bit!

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Waitwaitwait, did you at least save state your shiny encounter? Please tell me you did. Use cheats to give yourself a freakin masterball man! It sounds cheap but damn it if you encounter a shiny you deserve to keep it! Happened to me twice in Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers. Don't regret it one bit!

If you're gonna cheat a Master Ball, you might as well cheat the shiny. ;P

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • If you're gonna cheat a Master Ball, you might as well cheat the shiny. ;P

Nah, my policy is if you find a shiny, you should keep the shiny by any means necessary. It isn't the cheating that matters, it's finding something so damn rare that if you have to cheat in a catching method so be it. Cheating a shiny is completely different and in my opinion, worthless. But it is Meowth's choice and his morality.

Danno

Years
  • Nope... I just nabbed the screenshot and then closed out... wouldn't have made much sense for me to use cheats either way I feel. I could always give myself a shiny Keese if'n'when I finish the game in memorial of that one :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I just thought of something, what will Link use as Pokeballs? Sorry if you mentioned it on the first page, i kinda jumped straight here without reading. "-^-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back