View Full Version : Game Making

THE HACK ATTACK
August 15th, 2007, 5:05 PM
What programs do you use to make games?

I use RPGM2k and RPM2K3

Also if your program can run on Windows98 let me know plz

MadeyeMike
August 15th, 2007, 5:20 PM
I've been using sphere lately. Its a great game program and it's free. It requires more actual programming(in javascript) then RPG Maker but because of that its a lot more flexible.

Spinda
August 16th, 2007, 2:49 AM
What programs do you use to make games?

I use RPGM2k and RPM2K3

Also if your program can run on Windows98 let me know plz

Same as. Pokemon Amethyst is an almost completed addition.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
August 16th, 2007, 3:19 AM
I stopped making games beacuase it just takes so long and you never finish one..

Vavavoom ♣
August 16th, 2007, 4:38 AM
I'm using RPG Maker XP. It's a really good program that alows you to make many things!

DrCoolSanta
August 16th, 2007, 5:27 AM
Game Making is judt a hobby for most people here, it doesn't matter if you can't complete it, it is good enough if you could do something substancial with it, and if you might want to continue doing it even later.

August 16th, 2007, 7:18 AM
I use Game maker. Yup, Game maker.

THE HACK ATTACK
August 20th, 2007, 8:31 AM
is there a win98 version of game maker?
As for RPGMakerXP i would have that too IF I had windows XP

Flameguru
August 20th, 2007, 8:33 AM
Visual Basic 6 and RPG Maker XP.

|Maximus|
August 28th, 2007, 6:58 AM
i use rm2k3 its a really good program

alx_masher
August 28th, 2007, 8:21 PM
I once used rpg2k3 but i quit because i had a hard time figuring out the original battle system AND i will NEVER return to rpg2k3 again because i don't really know why.

Anyways, I'm currently using Visual Basic and i am learning how to use FLASH MX. If you want something that works with win98, use rpg2k or 2k3 or Visual Basic for more advanced games.

|Maximus|
August 29th, 2007, 4:48 PM
oh yeah but basic RPG's are great to use with rm2k3 i will be posting one soon so look out for it

Erenforth
August 29th, 2007, 9:15 PM
I'm trying to do a online card game with Sphere, but it's a long process :(.
But I found Sphere a good tool to program game systems

MegaTailzChao
August 29th, 2007, 9:26 PM
Game Maker 6 since '05, baby. Awwwww yeah.

.Vaporeon
August 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Can you create games?? Well are you guys

alx_masher
August 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Can you create games?? Well are you guys

what do you mean ultimate_trainer?

|Maximus|
September 3rd, 2007, 9:17 AM
what do you mean ultimate_trainer?hes askin if we are going to make a game if im not mistaken

raykid100
September 3rd, 2007, 9:46 AM
I'm using RPGXP, RM2K3, Game maker 7 pro and install& patch creator

Yuoaman
September 4th, 2007, 8:41 AM
I'm using RM2k3, RMXP, and Gamemaker 6.

Neo-Dragon
September 4th, 2007, 9:21 AM
I use RPG Maker 2003 to make my games because I have the most experience with it. I have since released 3 demos and currently on my fourth game with the program and would recommand it to both newbies and people who have experience with other game making tools.
And as DrCoolSanta said, gaming making is just a hobby so enjoy it and have fun, and hopefully other people will be able to enjoy your game in the future.

Eh...
I think I've been using it since around 2004 and pretty much stuck with it. I've played around in Game Maker 6, Sphere and RMXP but still went back to RPG Maker 2003. Again, the reason why I stuck with it was because I have experience with it and just felt at ease using it, but I'm not one of those people who loves RM2k3 and slams every other maker.

I say that you should try each of th main gaming making tools at least once, spend about a day or so messing around with them and see what suits your style.

seran
September 5th, 2007, 8:21 PM
I like RM2K3 because im an old school gamer and love the default battle systems setup. Im sure this can be changed and even enhanced in other game creators, but im not really a good programmer. I agree though about it being a hobby. It's something fun to do in your spare time. If you are good at it... well it's another story I guess. XD

I'd like to get good with RM2K though and do some special work for people and myself. I use 3d modeling programs alot, and these are great for special effects. So I hope that someday I can be a unique and influential member of an RM2K team.

Lordpenguin
September 9th, 2007, 8:23 AM
I use java, as it is pretty universally supported, and very powerful.

NytewolfAU2k7
September 9th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm using RPG Maker XP, RPG Toolkit and XNA Game Studio...

RPG Toolkit runs on Windows 98 and up, can do Isometric tiles and the normal tiles, I started using this, but I don't use it as much now, I've found RPG Maker XP to be better...

XNA can do 2D and 3D but it's restricted to Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.... XNA uses C# as it's language... XNA can make games for the XBox 360 and PC, However a subscription is needed to make games for the XBox...

Anthem Of The Fire
September 10th, 2007, 5:03 PM
Gamemaker Pro Version.

Aqua Mudkip
September 20th, 2007, 11:46 PM
RPG Maker XP is a good game-making program and is easier to use.
Sphere is a flexible game making program but is harder to use.
and...
GameMaker isn't such a good gamemaking program and is hard to make a RPG game with it, Unless you want to make a Pac-Man game or any other platform game.