• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Making

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2007
    I like RM2K3 because im an old school gamer and love the default battle systems setup. Im sure this can be changed and even enhanced in other game creators, but im not really a good programmer. I agree though about it being a hobby. It's something fun to do in your spare time. If you are good at it... well it's another story I guess. XD

I'd like to get good with RM2K though and do some special work for people and myself. I use 3d modeling programs alot, and these are great for special effects. So I hope that someday I can be a unique and influential member of an RM2K team.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I use java, as it is pretty universally supported, and very powerful.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • I'm using RPG Maker XP, RPG Toolkit and XNA Game Studio...

RPG Toolkit runs on Windows 98 and up, can do Isometric tiles and the normal tiles, I started using this, but I don't use it as much now, I've found RPG Maker XP to be better...

XNA can do 2D and 3D but it's restricted to Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.... XNA uses C# as it's language... XNA can make games for the XBox 360 and PC, However a subscription is needed to make games for the XBox...

Last edited:

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
  • RPG Maker XP is a good game-making program and is easier to use.
    Sphere is a flexible game making program but is harder to use.
    and...
    GameMaker isn't such a good gamemaking program and is hard to make a RPG game with it, Unless you want to make a Pac-Man game or any other platform game.

Back