• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whos better ho oh or lugia

whos beter ho oh or lugia

• ho oh

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • lugia

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Lugia is generally better, it has better defenses and is faster.

Ho-oh is better at attacking, but it's hurt badly by Stealth Rock.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Lugia.
    Quad weaknesses to Rock aren't fun.
    Lugia is one of 3 legendaries I can stomach (along with Raikou and Shaymin), just because of the good memories with him in my Silver way back when.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Lugia is one of the best walls, if not, the best wall out there. With its ability, Pressure, and with the use of Reflect / Light screen, it's practically impossible to break. Ho-oh's movepool isn't as diverse as many of its Uber friends, making it less effective as a sweeper.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ho-oh is cool, but yeah, lugia is pwnage, even in ubers...one of the best ubers...can take any special hit except maybe a soul dew latios Thunderbolt...but still amazing. Ho-oh has that SpD too, they both rock, but lugia is better.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • Ho-Oh, although I hate to say it. Lugia is the greatest Legendary in Pokemon history. Ho-Oh has an okay movepool, average defences and great Attack (albeit with few attacks with which to use it). Lugia's purely defensive.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • I'd say Ho-Oh. It's Sacred Fire attack is awesome - 50% chance of burning. And Pressure ensures that the opponent will eventually wear down on healing/status cure moves.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Lugia, in my opinion. First off, yeah, better speed and defenses, although I admit that Ho-oh has better offensive stats (...with less speed). Second, okay, so Lugia doesn't have the attack power or the 50% chance to burn the opponent (which probably really wouldn't matter all that much anyway, considering Ho-oh's offensive stats... or midland defenses), but it is a fairly impressive wall, which has already been touched upon already. Third, as also touched upon already, Ho-oh's got a 4x weakness to Rock-type moves. So, either way, it's "lol, Rock Slide/Stone Edge."

And to complete the package and respond to DarkArcz, Lugia has Pressure too. ^_-

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Both have amazing exclusive moves though. Who doesn't love sacred fire and aeroblast? Sacred fire FTW! They both have 160 base SpD I believe...ouch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    ho-oh > lugia coolnesswise

lugia > ho-oh battlewise

ho-oh > lugia statwise

lugia > ho-oh movewise

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Lugia, for all reasons previously stated about how much greater it is in competitive battling. I also prefer Lugia for the overall design. Shame it completely slipped my mind what beast Lugia is based upon...

And Aeroblast makes me giddy with destructive glee.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • They both have 160 base SpD I believe...ouch.

Close enough. But Lugia also has 130 Defense, compared to Ho-oh's 90, and Ho-oh kinda needs those points. o_o

ho-oh > lugia statwise

They're actually the same. Just allotted to different stats. Lugia has 90 Attack and S Attack but 130 Defense and 110 Speed. Ho-oh has 130 Attack and 110 S Attack but 90 in both Defense and Speed. I guess it depends, then, on what you want to use the legendary for. Lugia might last longer in battle because of the higher Defense and Speed (for setting up) and lack of a 4x weakness to a type a lot of physical fighters tend to use, but on the other hand, Ho-oh can deliver harder hits before it goes down.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • That and ho-oh can burn the foe with sacred fire, making its defense much higher. EDIT: Well, not exactly, but it helps it take hits is what I'm saying.

Back