• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the hay happend to ash's Pidgeot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
Years
  • You know what irritates me to no end? What ever happened to Ash's amazing pidgeot, it really saddens me such an amazing pokemon was just totally forgotten about. I mean this is what ash said before leaving to the oragne islands and I quote.

"Yeah I guess it is better if you stay here and make sure that fearow doesn't attack them again, i'll see you when we get back from the 'orange islands' be back soon!"

Orange islands were of course referred to as something diffrent. I mean he is way past the Orange Islands and hey he left pidgeot where? At his hometown.

Does this annoy anyone else, adn does anyone have any info if he will ever reunite, or atleast why they dropped pidgeot from the story? Much thanks!

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Will Primeape, Charizard, or Butterfree ever make a final return, either? Probably not. Maybe in the final episode of pokemon. Whenever that is.

I think they just want to focus on Ash catching the pokemon from the region he is in, so they can show off their amazing new creations.

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
  • You do bring up a point, however it still does not match up, he never directly said he would come back for them besides maybe charizard, but weve seen him a lot. Well maybe im jsut a sour person seeing one of my favorite pokémon vanish. :/

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I've always laughed at what happened to Pidgeot. Ash literally promised to return for him after the Orange league and then...nothing. He mentioned Pidgeot when he fought Falkner, but that's about it, two regions later and nothing. Ten bucks says Pidgeot cries itself to sleep.

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • I had wondered that for a long time, but sort of forgot about it. It probably died or something. That or got caught again. <_< If that's possible. I think you can catch released Pokemon, so I can see it happening.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I had wondered that for a long time, but sort of forgot about it. It probably died or something. That or got caught again. <_< If that's possible. I think you can catch released Pokemon, so I can see it happening.

Getting caught by Ash's rival= Storyline full of win.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    An idea: Ash finally remembers it, then goes back to look for it. When he shows up at the place where he left it, it kills him and eats him for leaving it there so long. To make matters worse, it had figured out what the GS Ball did and had been waiting to tell Ash the whole time, but Ash had forgotten about that too.

As for catching released Pokemon, if that weren't possible, Ash wouldn't have the aforementioned Charizard, as it was released by its original trainer.

Seriously, though, I doubt Pidgeot will ever show up again.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Yeah, that would be really cool!~ And if you saw a Pidgeot, who wouldn't try to catch it? Honestly! XD

It would kick that trainer's ass because it's still probably waiting for Ash in that forest, much like Charmander waited for his trainer (Damien, or whatever his name was).

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I still say:

Charizard will see Ash in trouble on screen, more trouble then he can handle alone (will be one of the final episodes, kinda like that movie with the crystals). With the help of Liza, who contacts Oak, Charizard quickly tracks down Butterfree + Mate, Primeape, Lapras, Larvitar, and Squirtle and they head to help Ash...

Ash never technically released Pidgeot, as we saw in D/P, there is a different glow from the pokeball when pokemon are released, Pidgeot never saw that, and for all we know Butterfree didn't either, and all of them were promised he would come back for them...

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Eh... I don't know if this is correct, but from I can remember, didn't it say Butterfree die after mating. I thought I read that in a PokeDex entry or something. X.x;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I could have sworn his Pidgeot went off to help guide these other Pidgey and all, but I could be mistaking. On any case, it probably stayed at the lab if it didn't go off like I thought.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • That's a myth. None of the games or Anime episodes state that.

Naw, it was a mistranslation a subbing group did, which led to the rumor. The writing team denounced the myth a while back =P

So for all we know, Butterfree is out there with his Orange Island mate and children =P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Butterfree was seen in the Spurt! opening, flying up with the pink Butterfree

Will Primeape, Charizard, or Butterfree ever make a final return, either? Probably not. Maybe in the final episode of pokemon. Whenever that is.

Charizard came up twice in Battle Frontier. To battle Noland and Brandon

Getting caught by Ash's rival= Storyline full of win.

That would be HILARIOUS. Teach Ash for lying to his Pokemon

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
    Years
  • Pigeot is going to be super powerful when ash picks him up, if he ever does. He is going to have a lot of battle experience after fighting everyday to protect those pidgey.

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
  • I think after sinnoe he will have a dream about pigeot getting hunted and he has to save it and then there is a new pidgey leader so it can come to Oaks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back