• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Game Is The Best (In The GBA series)

What GBA game is the best?

• LeafGreen

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • FireRed

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Ruby

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emerald

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • Vote away.

I had to go with Emerald. Simply because you can get Rayquaza (Before the E4) and kick the E4's ass. Also, the pokewatch thingy (With the call thing) and The story line is better, and just about everything! I love it sooo much. I have compleated it so many times, like, 1,000,000,000,000 XD so you get the idea.

What are your thoughts? Please do the poll and explain what you picked and why.

carnivine_dude

Skilled_ace_trainer
    Years
  • hmmm i say leaf green/fire red, because the vs seaker is so much better than the poke navi and plus there is more pokemon availible on the sevi ilands than in the next part of safari zone after you beat the eleate four in emrald....but on the other side, you can clone in emrald via the glitch and u cant do that in the other games...hmmmmm

Years
  • It's a tie between Fire Red and Emerald. I love both of those games but I'll go with Emerald because there is more to do in that game plus it has a really awesome glitch to abuse.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'd say FireRed cuz I've only played that and Sapphire and I was dissapointed with how Sapphire was and the 3rd gen pokemon

Years
  • I would have to go with Fire Red

After playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I thought, if only the original pokemon games were made with graphics this good and there was so many extra things to do throughout the adventure, then the made Fire Red and Leaf Green and everything was perfect.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Emerald. I loved playing Emerald compared to the other games. It had the cool, longer storyline and was the game out of all of 3rd gen that I played most.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • I think FireRed is the best Pokemon game. Because it have new islands to explore and can find some new Johto Pokemons.

~Rene~ :t025:

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
  • Tho I like the FR/LG pokemon more than the crappy "new" ones (I mean the birds>>> the regis and mewtwo is totally more UB3R than Rayquaza, also the classic starters are cooler and you can get Tyranitar), the new combinations of types make Emerald a much more strategic game so to speak. The starters get fire/fighting, water/ground (my pers fav) and well...grass, which alone is quite rare. You need more thinking to get through the game and the Battle frontier is challenging indeed. Preferences...FR/LG, but gameplay, Emerald for sure. So I vote for Emerald.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    Emerald. They added the ability to rebattle gym leaders, animated pokemon sprites, added some of my fav G/S pokemon, rewards you with G/S starters for getting the 200 hoenn pokes, and with the Battle Frontier you have something to keep you busy after the E4.

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
  • I say Leafgreen. It was my very first pokemon game. (Before I got into the games I watched the anime, and collected cards. ^_^) But the thing is, it was a fake, with all my shiny pokemon on it, and I had my Feebas on there too and my level 100 Charizard...I had to go and buy a real game, and all my pokemon were lost forever...It scarred me for life....6_6

Pidgeotto

Fly Spammer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'd have to say I prefer LeafGreen.WhenI was younger and interested in more than just playing the games, I also collected the cards and watched the TV show.

So the original 151 (Kanto) Pokemon are the one's that I know the most about, as I never played G/S/D and went straight to Emerald (didn't play R or S).

I don't know the Emerald Pokemon as well, and wasn't able to enjoy it as much as LeafGreen (not saying it was bad, it was a great game, just not as fun as LG).

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2007
    i most definatly have to go with pokemon fire red because i think the original 151 are pretty much the best pokemon ever

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Although I think Emerald has the best storyline, my favourites are FR/LG because they're based on the Kanto region and have the 1st generation pokemon, my favourites.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Fire Red, because it brought back memories from R/B/Y. It also led everyone to believe that they're making a G/S/C remake.

Back