• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Ancient Sanctuary

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • I have no idea how long these have been out but I saw them for the first time at Wal-Mart yesterday and I bought two packs...not much usable stuff from those two boosters so I thought I'd look at a spoiler list...it seems that this series has a theme of attempting to give level three and lower cards an advantage, because there are a whole lot of level three and lower monsters and a lot of spell and trap cards that either help them out or stick it to level four or higher monsters. This is going to make gravity bind a whole lot more interesting, if you ask me, but the set for the most part doesn't have much that can be used in all decks...if any of you reading this have new strategies that can be used with AST cards, post 'em here!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Problem is that they're all fairies. I mean, angel deck's cool and everything, but fairy decks are just for pixies (e.g. ppl in Japan did try to make angel decks cuz angels are cool. not here, we ain't making no crappy pixie deck). lol

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • I like Warrior Of Zera, the description is really interesting and it makes your head stick in.
    "A wandering warrior who seeks the sanctuary where he can gain the power of the archlords. To escape the temptation of evil fiends, he fights solo day by day."
    Too bad I don't have it -_-

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Heh, I drew a Warrior of Zera in one of my AST packs...it's probably the closest thing to a beatstick there is in that set, which is pretty sad. I was hoping for more 1850 or 1900 attack monsters...they did add the third installment to the powerful Gagagigo line this time with Gogiga Gagagigo (I love saying that :P), which is level 8 and has 2950 attack I think...not bad, I might have to pick one or two up somewhere...but the set is really disappointing for the most part. I think I'll take my Mystik Wok and Soul Resurrection and call it a day, except for maybe getting a Blowback Dragon and a Des Counterblow off of ebay...

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • lol, you got a point, along with that sword.
    There aren't many high attack monsters. But I'd like Blowback Dragon, its really good and considering its got a pistol as its head, that explains why he has no arms.
    Warrior of Zera looks like a minature and lower class version of the Archlord Zerrato person. There is a counterfeit deck on Ancient Sanctuary, I threw the cards away but I kept the awesome deck holder, its got a picture of Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura on it along with Archlord Zerrato as the background. I found it at a corner shop, surprising. I know that Gagagigo card, I saw it on teh counterfeit deck, its very ugly but it has a 2950 attack that just slightly passes Tyrant Dragon and Cosmic Queen on the ATK. ..does anyone know where to get Yugi's Structure Deck? (Volume.2) ...Or the one with Dark Paladin to be more specific? ..I don't want to buy it on the internet, i want to buy it at shops.. Thanks in advance.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Yeah, Archlord Zerato is great, but I could never win a secret rare on ebay so I'll never have that in my deck XD

Hah, I just saw some counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh cards at a flea market...there's this dude that orders all his stuff from China and so he got these with it. There was a theme deck called "Straggle of Chaos" XD There were also really fake rare cards, such as "White Dragon with the Blue Eye" "Call Monster" (Summoned Skull) and other things...I almost bought a Straggle of Chaos box just to laugh at how poorly made the counterfeits were, but it was $4.00, and I'm a tightwad.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • That's not a bad card actually, since the main problem with barrel was its 2 tributes. This guy fixes that problem quite nicely. lol

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Well the fact that a 2600 body can take on any and all 1-tribute monsters, whereas a 2300 body cannot, is the main difference. But IMO costing less for it still makes up for it.

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
  • the only creatures worthy of 2 tributes are Envoy Of The Beginning:Black Luster Soldier and Envoy Of The End:Chaos Emperor Dragon
    and you don't even need to tribute anything on the field for these

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Blue-Eyes White Dragon isn't really bad for an out-of-date card, no 8 star monster has been stronger than it, so its truely the ultimate. (You know what I mean, only effect is stronger or fusion, duh) Warrior of Zera transforms into Archlord Zerrato, a name change indeed. Boy, blowback dragon'd look so cool in secret foil, wontcha think?
    Counterfeit cards persons try to create don't go along with the American/Australian/NZ cards, instead they translate what they say in the Japanese version.
    Eg. Japanese BEWD: "Blue Eyes on White Dragon", you can't copy so they say "White Dragon with Blue Eyes"
    Not much of a difference but thats how people make money...and not be arrested at the same time. No matter how many cards are made in the future, Dark paladin is my favourite, dude, who the heck drew it?
    and anybody that don't know what are the cards in Ancient Sanctuary taht reads this thread, go to stop2shop.com
    IF you don't like spoilers then who cares, they are up for sale as well.

Back