• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a hypothesis for the future games

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    well, i thought long and hard about this, and it kinda makes sense.
    everyone knows how when Ruby and sapphire came out, a remake of red blue and yellow was made(fire red&leaf green), then the sequel to ruby and sapphire(emerald) came out well i was thinking maybe the pokemon company will create a g/s/c remake then release platinum(the sequel to d/p) so it will kinda be how they did ruby and sapphire?

if anyone thinks this hypothesis could possibly be true please post.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Platinum, has that even been confirmed yet?

And that trend has been discovered. they make two games nearly indentical and then a spinoff of it about 80% the same that follows the same idea...

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    I think it made more sense to do remakes of Red and Green simply because they're so classic, but I personally would like to see GSC remakes, although I might be in the minority. I think it would go like this:

Gold Sun
    Silver Moon
    Crystal Star

and maybe
    Ruby Earth (Lava?)
    Sapphire Ocean (Sea?)
    Emerald Sky

Not sure about DP, maybe Time or Space or Darkness?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • First off if they did make a remake of G/S/C they should change the starters so like the water has a secondary type of Ice, the grass has a secondary type of Bug & the Fire's is like rock or ground?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I think it made more sense to do remakes of Red and Green simply because they're so classic, but I personally would like to see GSC remakes, although I might be in the minority. I think it would go like this:

Gold Sun
    Silver Moon
    Crystal Star

and maybe
    Ruby Earth (Lava?)
    Sapphire Ocean (Sea?)
    Emerald Sky

Not sure about DP, maybe Time or Space or Darkness?

Well I think those are very very good names but Look at the entire series (minus the 1st generation...too generic). Every game is based on a gem. When they released Fire Red and Leaf Green, people were a bit surprised but since it fit in with the theme of "Red" and "Green", it was a good title choice. Most of these are great and if they do remakes, your names should definitely be taken into consideration :)

Years
  • Either way, the third game in this gen, whatever it may be is a little late in being anounced by Nintendo don't we think? Going off the other gens.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • well, i thought long and hard about this, and it kinda makes sense.
    everyone knows how when Ruby and sapphire came out, a remake of red blue and yellow was made(fire red&leaf green), then the sequel to ruby and sapphire(emerald) came out well i was thinking maybe the pokemon company will create a g/s/c remake then release platinum(the sequel to d/p) so it will kinda be how they did ruby and sapphire?

if anyone thinks this hypothesis could possibly be true please post.

In a word, yes. In a sentence, it is possible due to popular demand but Nintendo themselves decide whether or not a G/S/C remake will be made.

Platinum, has that even been confirmed yet?

It has been confirmed. It will be released in Japan in Spring 2009.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    First off if they did make a remake of G/S/C they should change the starters so like the water has a secondary type of Ice, the grass has a secondary type of Bug & the Fire's is like rock or ground?

That would make 0 sense at all. If it's G/S/C, why the heck would they change Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile? That wouldn't be a remake at all.

If a G/S/C remake was confirmed, there would be forums, sites, and allot more dedicated to it. There would be explosions of joy and Serebii and GameFaqs would get the first confrimation.

If there is a third installment of Sinnoh, what could be added? There's not much to add except maybe a Battle Frontier-ish area. D/P has everything really.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I don't see a G/S/C remake happening in my mind
    It's been mentioned in other threads, and I'll say it again:
    All the extras they put in Fire Red/Leaf Green negate the need for a G/S/C remake
    The biggest indicator being that you can catch Raikou/Entei/Suicune

Back