• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pkmn is better, Dialga or Palkia

2B a master

retired trainer
Years
  • Which pokemon do you think is better, Palkia or Dialga.
    Even though I got Pearl I think Dialga is better because it is a steel and dragon type which seems better than palkia's types.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Which pokemon do you think is better, Palkia or Dialga.
    Even though I got Pearl I think Dialga is better because it is a steel and dragon type which seems better than palkia's types.

In terms of cool-ness yes. But Palkia has only 1 weakness, while Dialga has 2.

Anyways, theres been thousands of threads like this, and we don't really need anymore, btw, these kinda threads belong in Pokemon General.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Well it really only concerns DP so it's cool here, my own opinion on the subject is Dialga>Palkia because it's a fairly cool type combo which I don't really like the Water/dragon of palkia

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I have both and if you consider their moves having the same power but dialgas does u harm, Plakia is much better, and in appearance too

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It all depends. If Palkia and Dialga would face eachother in a battle, Dialga's going to win. But if you'd measure overall in power, Palkia will be superior.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    IM not sure how u assume that palkia would lose. I beat ev trained dialgas all the time with my palkia

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • It doesnt depend's on the weakness, it depends on the power! Although Dialga got better defence and Palkia got Speed.

Dialga defence wouldn't matter since Palkia is a Special Attacker. Palkia has better Special Defence, and since Dialga is also a Special Attacker, Palkia has yet, another advantage. And if you were to say a Dialga and Palkia both fully EV'd in speed and sp.atk to go in battle, Palkia would most likely move first, a move like Aura Sphere or Earth Power can maybe 1-2 hit ko Dialga. Even if Dialga was to have max stat Sp.Def with Sp.Def boosting nature, you would have the speed or defence advantage/

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i think palkia looks like he gonna come and beat the .... out of you but i think dialga looks cool but i usually do beat with dialga than palkia not sure why though.... + i think this is in the wrong forum .. maybe pokemon general or pokemon polls if you add a poll to this?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I'm not sure game wise, I really couldn't tell you which one was more powerful or anything. As far as appearances go I think Palkia looks better, and could probably beat Dialga.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    What does that have to do with me actually winning with my palkia against the EV dialgas

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • Dailga has a cool blue color, a unique type combo and good resistance against it's rival.
    It also has the most ironic cry of any legendary Pokemon I've heard.
    (A dying cat) ಠ_ಠ

DAILGA IS DA PWNZORZ.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Dialga resists its Water STAB. And Palkia is open to Dialga's Dragon type moves with x2

Palkia wouldn't be using Water attacks. It would use Ground and Fighting moves.

If a Dialga with max HP and max Sp.Def, it was to be attacked with a max Sp.Atk Palkia w/ Choice Specs, it would do about 2/3 of Dialga's HP. But then Dialga wouldn't be able to fight back good because it won't have Sp.Atk evs, then you will have a dead Dialga. Now if it were to be opposite, as I explained above, Palkia would move first and 1-2hit ko. Even if Dialga survives, Im pretty sure a Max ev'd Sp.Def with Neutral Nature Palkia would be able to barely survive a Roar of Time or Dragon Pulse. Unless Dialga is wearing Choice Specs too, so both Palkia and Dialga have a close amount of power, but Palkia would obviously have a slightly better advantage due to the 20 more sp.def and 10 more Speed base stats.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Palkia is a beast with some rain. Both are strong...Diagla has superior defensive typing, as steel and dragon are great defensive types. Palkia is a plain beats, as a STAB water move from 150 base SAtk is going to sting.

Back