• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pkmn is better, Dialga or Palkia

KoolGamesX

KoolX The Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 19, 2009
    Dialga
    he's cooler and stronger ... I think well I don't like pink so I like the "BOYISH" color of diamond!:)

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Palkia > Dialga
    It has been tested, and Palkia is the PROVEN strongest legendary,
    Not only this, but Palkia only has 1 weakness, whilst Dialga has 2 weaknesses.
    I have a Palkia, and I ALMOST have a Dialga. But anyway, my Palkia pwns other legendarys, so Palkia is stronger.

Wanna prove me wrong? Try. I dare you.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    yeah, i agree it's palkia. First off, It looks cooler (dialga looks like some kind of rabid dog or something, at least to me it does. My opinion, so leave it alone.) And before anyone says "oh, well dialga's roar of time beats spacial rend" my foot it does. It may do more damage, but it, like hyper beam and those elemental nukes as i call 'em (blast burn, hydro cannon, frenzy plant) has a fatal weakness: It leaves you wide open the next turn, meaning if palkia survives it (very likely due to it's special defense) you might as well forget using dialga...

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Palkia. There is a very small chance Dialga could ever beat Palkia in a battle. Palkia has, overall, better stats, except for Defense, which wouldn't really matter. Also, Palkia can learn Earth Power, which is super effective towards Steel types. Of coure, Dialga can learn Earth Power too, but Palkia isn't weak against Ground type attacks.

So as I stated earliar, Palkia would most certainly win. Just because he's pink, doesn't mean he cant beat the crap out of anybody he wants.

P.S. Dialga's cry is very girly sounding, but that doesn't really matter.

Rattricks

Brawler
    Years
    Dialga is better, looks cooler, and utterly dominates palkia.

Why do palkia and dialga have the catch rate of a pidgey???

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    Dialga. I have Diamond, but I also have Palkia. (From my friend.) Dialga is way stronger, and in my opinion, Dialga has better everything.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    In competitive play, they both are banned, too good for pokemon and not to be used.

So they both lose. lol

If i had to use either in the uber tier it'd be palkia, dailga looks good, but palkia is superior. Both are quite managable in the uber tier, but I hear palkia does better there. Dailga has resistences, but it's signature is a joke. Palkia has good stats and ways to use them, also goes fatasticly with kyogre in the uber tier. Also only has one weakness making prediction easier. So yeah, Palkia > Dailga.

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I like Dialga because of the type too, like the 2B a master said. I like the type, and i also think it learns some attacks that were better. Or was it the other way around... Well i like the type so yeah

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Palkia - ruler of space. Dialga - ruler of time. Both controls a dimension making them equally omnipowerful in that aspect (too bad the game mechanics in Pokemon makes them even weaker than they should be.) Hence in terms of that, Palkia is better with only one weakness (dragon) and also learns spacial rend, the dragon version of aeroblast. In two turns, i can use spacial rend twice and roar of time only once...resultant power of sr>rot. So...

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I like dialga better ,

but I think
    they are = in power.

Back