• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arrival of a Contest Master (Japanese version spoilers)

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
  • Wallace is going to appear in the anime for the first time, in DP 75. I find it funny that the writers have waited so long to finally have him appear. Your thoughts on this, guys?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Can wait! All I can say is - at least it's not Lance XD I wonder if he is actually taking part in a contest or this is just a one off. It would be kind of weird if he became one of Dawn's rivals but cool, I suppose.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Wallace is going to appear in the anime for the first time, in DP 75. I find it funny that the writers have waited so long to finally have him appear. Your thoughts on this, guys?
    Was it actually confirmed, because I heard it was only on Pokeani and they did start that Zack rumor? I mean it could be true, I just want to know if it was in a magazine or anything.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • ^I saw it in a magazine.
    All I can say is
    I just dont know why so many people here dont like the new Shinou series. The writers seem to be catering to the fans with all these character appearances (Marina, Wallace, Jessiebelle, Cassidy and Butch) and giving us such good episodes and continuity.
    It's official, PC's anime section is full of complainers.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I'm fine with it, it's just that because ANYTHING is game people are annoyed that it doesn't follow the formula. I fear it, because I don't want something as stupid as Ash catchign Riolu or Shinji becomigna magical girl (hey anything is possible at this point XD).

I digress I wanted to see Mikuri since Houen. I mean I love Adan, but Mikuri is more the archetype I like, because he looks like a coordinator. Thing is people expect him to have a Juan team. I mean I'm kind of sick of Milotic. Although, he could have his Emerald team.

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    It's fine with me. As long as it is good, I don't care.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ^I saw it in a magazine.
    All I can say is
    I just dont know why so many people here dont like the new Shinou series.

becoz its not tehh 1st seaasin!!!11one1 theres no misty"!!! duhzzerz

Well, you get a lot of complainers on sppf too

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • becoz its not tehh 1st seaasin!!!11one1 theres no misty"!!! duhzzerz

Well, you get a lot of complainers on sppf too
    1. Well I do agree I prefer the first, this is fine because there is some progression. As for Misty, I hate May and Dawn could have been done btter.

2. I can't even go to Serebii anymore

3. I wanna know what Mikuri's team is gonna be. I hope Gyarados and Wailord are on it, granted Gyarados has been played even to the point of a main charecter having it, I still like it. Wailord had like what, one episode and some cameo movie appearances?

Years
  • Considering how the series shafted him, I'm glad they're finally correcting their mistake. While I loved the continuity with Lance, but, yeah, Emerald sealed Wallace's fate. Heh. Unfortunately, it all seems like a few years too later, but... then again, it took Agatha how many years to finally debut on the series?

Silly writers. As for the PC anime complainers? No comment. Hee.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    1. Well I do agree I prefer the first, this is fine because there is some progression. As for Misty, I hate May and Dawn could have been done btter.

I mean the people who refuse to watch any AG or DP episode because Misty's not in it and then act like AG and DP are unwatchable and poor quality because she's not in it. Not that she's a bad character or anything

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I mean the people who refuse to watch any AG or DP episode because Misty's not in it and then act like AG and DP are unwatchable and poor quality because she's not in it. Not that she's a bad character or anything
    Fair enough, just saying that ussually the original is better and a lot of people sahre that opinion. Though I don't see it as unbarable or anything.

I want to see a summary of the episode badly.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Teeheehee What else can I say? About time. Teeheehee

I mean Charaxes has a very good point. I mean his chance to be in the show should have been like SUPER LONG time ago!!! I mean he had so many chances to be in the show but he wasn't in it!!! Wallance kinda been way shifted considering that he is a gym leader or really kinda was one but still some respect.

Also is it just me or does it seems kinda strange that they made Wallance into a coornodiator? I mean it is kinda strange considering that he was the final gym leader in Hoenn and all.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Wallace didn't appear for over 120 episodes, and finally he's making an appearance. However, I do hope that he mentions being the former Gym Leader of the Sootopolis Gym. Heh. Him being a coordinator doesn't come as a surprise however.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • ^I saw it in a magazine.
    All I can say is
    I just dont know why so many people here dont like the new Shinou series. The writers seem to be catering to the fans with all these character appearances (Marina, Wallace, Jessiebelle, Cassidy and Butch) and giving us such good episodes and continuity.
    It's official, PC's anime section is full of complainers.
    I have to agree with you. I think Shinou is the best yet, less predictable than the others, (Not saying that it isn't predictable.) character appearances, etc, yet, all everyone does is complain....
    And As much as I love Gary, Ash has a real rival for once.

I am for real excited for Wallace. I can't wait!! And I can't believe they waited this long to bring him in....

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Wallace didn't appear for over 120 episodes, and finally he's making an appearance. However, I do hope that he mentions being the former Gym Leader of the Sootopolis Gym. Heh. Him being a coordinator doesn't come as a surprise however.
    Well yeah, I mean like him and Adan have to be coordinators. Just look at em.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Teeheehee What else can I say? About time. Teeheehee

I mean Charaxes has a very good point. I mean his chance to be in the show should have been like SUPER LONG time ago!!! I mean he had so many chances to be in the show but he wasn't in it!!! Wallance kinda been way shifted considering that he is a gym leader or really kinda was one but still some respect.

Also is it just me or does it seems kinda strange that they made Wallance into a coornodiator? I mean it is kinda strange considering that he was the final gym leader in Hoenn and all.

I haven't played RS but in Emerald he was the Champion and definatly had the personality of a stereotypical coordinator heh

Years
  • Coordinator makes sense in a way, as Wallace has that flair. Even as a Gym Leader, he's a cut above the others in style. If they allude to his being a Gym Leader, will they alluded to his other gig: the Cave of Origin?

Probably not. Heh.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well I guess I went a bit too much in saying that it was strange that he was he is a coordinator since I guess in the games he was like Adam student right? Still kinda just strange to see him this far off. I guess we now know where Wallance was back during the whole Aqua and Magma thing. Teeheehee

What will be even more wild is if he plays apart in the final where Galatic do their big thing and Wallance ends up helping Ash and Friends to stop them. Teeheehee

Years
  • No, I don't think you were off, as most Gym Leaders don't always have that crossover appeal (at least, the non recurring like Brock, Misty, Gio, etc). Plus, Wallace was by-the-numbers until the shake-up with Emerald, plus it's your interpretation (nothing wrong with that).

Besides, as far as I know, Adun's two episodes had no mention of Wallace, so who knows if they'll bring that up? I'm amazed what sticks now, but you would think they should. Wacky writers.

masterpakku12

Compulsive Spaz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    if cynthia mysteriously happens to appear in this episode, as she does in the games, maybe we'll finally see a battle between two masters

Back