• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arrival of a Contest Master (Japanese version spoilers)

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
Years
  • adsliufaoidjnvlkadsnvhowdidi miss this

i saw 'contest master' in the title and was like 'lame' but then i realized it could be wallace and i clicked and i was right :DDDDDDDDDD

here's hoping Steven will be there, though that's probably too much to ask for

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • DP76:「レストラン七つ星!タッグバトルでフルコース!!」
    Restaurant Seven Stars! Tag Battles for a Full-course Meal!!

Air date: 24 April

Summary: Ash & co. have a reunion with their old friend, May, who is going to attend the Contest to be held by Wallace. They decide to have lunch in a well-known restaurant nearby, however the owner of the restaurant, who has a crush on Pokemon battles, says that only the winners of the tag battles can enjoy the full-course meal. Thus Ash & Brock are partnered; so are Dawn & May.

Twas confirmed.

Years
  • DP76:「レストラン七つ星!タッグバトルでフルコース!!」
    Restaurant Seven Stars! Tag Battles for a Full-course Meal!!

Air date: 24 April

Summary: Ash & co. have a reunion with their old friend, May, who is going to attend the Contest to be held by Wallace. They decide to have lunch in a well-known restaurant nearby, however the owner of the restaurant, who has a crush on Pokemon battles, says that only the winners of the tag battles can enjoy the full-course meal. Thus Ash & Brock are partnered; so are Dawn & May.

Twas confirmed.

And thread for May's return covered: https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131080

So, for here, I want to keep on topic and just discuss Wallace only. That said, how fan-service-y. Hee.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I know just wanted to make sure we all know this is going to be a Arc not just a one off thing.

Anyway, I saw a summary I'm, afraid one of his confirmed pokemon is Milotic.

Years
  • I know just wanted to make sure we all know this is going to be a Arc not just a one off thing.

Right.

Well, Milotic isn't a shocker, as that is his signature Pokemon. He wouldn't be Wallace without it.

shedinjask

Years

What? What kind of logic is that? "I hope the guy who uses Milotic won't have Milotic with him."

Milotic defines Wallace. Why would you ever want him without one?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • What? What kind of logic is that? "I hope the guy who uses Milotic won't have Milotic with him."

Milotic defines Wallace. Why would you ever want him without one?
    I was using the term afraid for anyone who doesn't want him to have a Milotic. I knew he was going to have one and I'm very happy about it. Are we really going to argue over someone's choice of words...? Come on now.

Anyway, yeah if I come across the cumamry I'll post it.

shedinjask

Years
  • Ah ok. I just can't stand people that are like 'no not milotic he needs new pokemon he will be a juan clone' when Milotic is so obviously Wallace.

And yes, please post the summary.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Ah ok. I just can't stand people that are like 'no not milotic he needs new pokemon he will be a juan clone' when Milotic is so obviously Wallace.

In anime Juan's roosters are 100% same as Wallace's in Ruby and Sapphire[in game]

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Ah ok. I just can't stand people that are like 'no not milotic he needs new pokemon he will be a juan clone' when Milotic is so obviously Wallace.

Well think about it like this:

Robert had one, couple episodes later Adan/Jaun had one in his battle against Ash and then a little later Serpent Girl Lucy had one(honestly Gyarados suits her more). I mean its kinda overly promoted is why people get so bored of it. It's kind of like Scizor how half of the CoDs have one. Except with Milotic its every high ranking trainer in some way has one.

Anyway here is the summary:

Contest Master Mikuri is holding a Pokemon Contest! Hikari, who lost her self-confidence after consecutive first-round eliminations in the last two Contests, has decided to use this Contest as her recovery. Meanwhile, Satoshi-tachi see Mikuri and Milotic at a nearby lake (but)...

Conclusions:
    - It seems like Wallace may not actually be competing in this Contest, and instead is just running/overseeing it
    - He's showing up with his Milotic, and a lake is involved
    - Time for Dawn to get back on the Contest circuit, and it seems Wallace will have a hand in it (please, please, PLEASE let him be directly involved in inspiring/encouraging her *prays*)

-The Incarnation

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well think about it like this:

Robert had one, couple episodes later Adan/Jaun had one in his battle against Ash and then a little later Serpent Girl Lucy had one(honestly Gyarados suits her more). I mean its kinda overly promoted is why people get so bored of it. It's kind of like Scizor how half of the CoDs have one. Except with Milotic its every high ranking trainer in some way has one.

Anyway here is the summary:

Contest Master Mikuri is holding a Pokemon Contest! Hikari, who lost her self-confidence after consecutive first-round eliminations in the last two Contests, has decided to use this Contest as her recovery. Meanwhile, Satoshi-tachi see Mikuri and Milotic at a nearby lake (but)...

Conclusions:
    - It seems like Wallace may not actually be competing in this Contest, and instead is just running/overseeing it
    - He's showing up with his Milotic, and a lake is involved
    - Time for Dawn to get back on the Contest circuit, and it seems Wallace will have a hand in it (please, please, PLEASE let him be directly involved in inspiring/encouraging her *prays*)

-The Incarnation
    he'll encourage Dawn about Contest, well I really hope that. Talk about the lake I assume that is Valor Lake[well everyone assume Valor Lake too, I think]. Do you think TG and Cynthia will appear again, like she appear again in the game?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I have no idea, on the other thread thats ont he FAQs. I mean like I said before, DP trie to follow the games, but it doesn't to the letter.

shedinjask

Years
  • I, personally, am sick and tired of Pikachu (and Ash) being everywhere, in every episode, but people don't complain about them. Milotic and Wallace beat those two any day.

Maybe they shouldn't have had so many Milotics, but that's a pretty stupid reason for anyone to say Wallace can't. He had Milotic first, it is his signature Pokemon. Rail on the other guys, not him.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Yeah. I was going to say something about having too many Milotics too. I mean Milotic is a great and beautiful pokemon but really it seems to be really used a lot!!!

Still I really hope that Dawn does jump start on her Contest-ness soon. I do kinda feel sad for Dawn in her bad luck for Contests.

Years
  • Wallace's first episode debuted in Japan tonight, so I thought to "revive" the thread before we're flooded by the endless spam. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well the episode was cool. I mean they only revealed Wallace's Milotic, but it was still relaly cool. It did an awesome appeal with Aqua Ring.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I haven't seen this episode but I've seen the preview for the next episode! May looks SO cool! I knew she'd wear her Emerald clothes! I can't wait! I'm going to have to get loads of screenshots

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • This episode was nice, though not much happend. Hikari is willing to participate in a Contest once more. The highlight of this episode would be Haruka's return in the last few seconds (and the preview). Next episode would have her and Hikari in action.

I would give it a 7/10.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Alright time for us to finally reveal how the Wallace cup works:
    Alright well the Tournament held by Wallace has a prize that's a ribbon that counts to ANY region's grand festival. That's why May, and coordinators from all over the world are competing. Any one can enter that's why Dawn, Ash, May, and Zoey are competing, though I don't see why Ash is doing it.

Back