• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Advance Gen in Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

devmonster

Kyogre
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Does anybody here experienced this? I bought Sapphire so I can transfer them over to Diamond. I pop it in my DS, play the game, and save, but the next day (when the clock strikes twelve midnight in the game), the saved game goes poof! Gone. The game just tells me "The save file has been deleted..." with a rather cryptic tone, then I start a new game.

The save file only exists for one day, so I can still load the game when I play it during the same day I created it. Funny, the game gives me the "The save file can be loaded... The game can be played" message (I don't remember that when I played Sapphire in GBA) when I start to play. When the day rolls over, the message then turn drastic, telling me the game, judging from the message, deleted the save game.

Any idea why this happens?

Years
not sure why it happens. is your ds flashed by any chance? another way i could think of is just play at 11.55pm and by 12 am you'd have started and then save after 12. could be a bit had, especially if you have school and have to wake up early in the morning. My DS stuffed up before I opened it so I'm getting a refund, I hope.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2008
i dunno why it happens but if you really want it to stay... before you go to bed put your ds on your charger start playing the game and close it over when you wake save it and turn it off =)

devmonster

Kyogre
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
huh. i guess i can just always set the clock so it'll be 12 midnight at a more convenient time, so i can play it right before 12 and save it after twelve. lets see what'll happen. the cartridge is a knock off, i think.

devmonster

Kyogre
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Guys, I think figured it out. I'm using a DSTT'ed game pak for my DS. Turns out everytime I run the game pak, it deletes the save file in any gameboy advance inserted in the DS advance slot. It did that to my Pokemon Sapphire, and Pokemon FireRed. That solves the mysterious save file deletion, but the 'The save game is ok' message seems a little puzzling still. scratch that - really puzzling. I'll update on this when I have more info.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
Usually it means the game is a fake, or in some cases it's some version of the ds lite that does it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back