• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon old Gen. vs. New Gen.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
  • This Picture sums it up.
    151 ftw.
    080519.jpg

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Haha, though I'd be in the shape of those ol' Gameboy geezers, still I like that there are more Pokemon. I've been saying it since Red/Blue, we need more, to differentiate it, give us more options, and to help make it closer to our reality. After all, there aren't only 151 species of animals, I say the more the merrier, but make sure to keep them differentiated (I think for the most part, they have been)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • VGCats sucks.

Also, people who think the original 151 are better just have a pair of nostalgia goggles permanently grafted to their face.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hmm, VGcats doesn't have enough Aeris & Leo anymore. T__T
    I also preferred the older drawing style, old as approximately pre-#100 style. :0

Anyways, without more Pokemon (and regions), the series would die, but the amount of legendaries is a cause for concern. I s'pose it's just some sort of thing meant to retain the interest of the younger and more naive fans (though I was never particularly interested in legendaries) but it seems to be creating quite a debate amongst older fans.

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Hmm, VGcats doesn't have enough Aeris & Leo anymore. T__T
    I also preferred the older drawing style, old as approximately pre-#100 style. :0

Anyways, without more Pokemon (and regions), the series would die, but the amount of legendaries is a cause for concern. I s'pose it's just some sort of thing meant to retain the interest of the younger and more naive fans (though I was never particularly interested in legendaries) but it seems to be creating quite a fuss amongst older fans.

Legends are just another collectable, but horrid for metagame.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I must agree. Starting with Generation III they started over doing the legendary thing. I mean seriously, RSE had Groudon, Kyogre, the Regis, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys. Thats 8 new legendaries in a game. On top of that they started making it so that the Legendaries are semi-evil 'causing disaters and mayhem all over the place. I remember when the Legendaries were just slightly better than normal and not not these massive doomsday machines. They aren't even rare or hard to catch now! Legendaries are not legends anymore. They're just plot-line battling machines to make younger players be good with out any skill. They shouldn't have added any more legends after the GSC games.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • The first gens didn't have massive doomsday machines?
    150.png

And trust me, given the amount of kids getting their asses kicked on PBR WiFi, the Legends do not make them good.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    lol I thought it was funny

I don't really have a single favourite gen, I have favourites from all the gens.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    Scott or whoever runs vgcats has done several other awesome pokemon comics if you haven't seen them before. Also, GEN I were the best imo. The anime was killer and so was the game.

*Image Removed Because of Content*

There's two others, and he also started a different comic surrounding Pokemon Firered

http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Well really I have no comment about that. True, if they don't stop making more Pokemon games then the series would die. But I did miss the old series. They were like the birth of the whole series. That's how Pokemon came to be. The new ones are just like an ongoing thing, and maybe sooner or later, there will be an eighth-generation! But now, just in my opinion, they should calm down a little and make Pokemon with a different game-play, like they did with Colloseum and XD.

Back