• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon old Gen. vs. New Gen.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
Years
  • Ok fine... this is the most funniest thang i've ever seen... LMAO...ROFL....LOL.... Pikachu looks like sum retarded rat..... geez... my cheeks are hurtin like hell!!!!

Okay, back to the topic... hmm i think its ok to have new pokemon, i'd say keep em comin but nintendo should not make them too uber than the old gens...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'm not to keen on the new Pokemon, I would prefer to have them then not but they all look kind of weird.

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • Pokemon are getting more and more Cartoony and cute. With each new generation it looks like they should be hugging and not fighting.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
  • As for the actual question, I generally prefer the old generation. However, that's not to say I don't like the new generation; not at all. There are quite a few screw-ups in the old gen, and lots of examples of great ones that have just come out. Just, on the whole, I like the old gens more. :/

It's not surprising that they are declining in quality, simply because there's less things they can do. Furthermore, there's a sense of nostalgia attached to the older gen pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I'm actually surprised some of you remember the old gens. Some of you are 14-16 now, meaning you were 4-6 then, and I can hardly remember what I really liked when I was 5. I was 10 when the anime first started, same age as Ash, and it really worked out for me. I was able to find several people who were into pokemon, because it was new at the time.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yep 2nd gen for me was when I was 6 so i can remember it. Only cause exciting childhood memories stay with me. Anywho a yeah old gens better. Its the only thing that has my pitchfork ready for when nintendo says sorry no 2nd gen remake.

Soot & Stars

Check Your Premises
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of one generation over another. All I know is that my favorite pokemon (Garchomp) is part of the new generation, which makes it slightly more favorable in my view. Honestly, I don't mind the new stylistic changes made on the newest generation...I think it's all good.

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
  • what I hate is that they purposly make the new pokemon better than the old ones. My first pokemon game was pokemon yellow back in 1999 and I still think 151 was the best, originals deserve more respect.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • I try to remain open about each new generation, but unfortunately it was a little harder to do so for the 4th generation. Although my favourite pokemon at the moment is Lucario, which of course is 4th gen, I've found that there are many in both the 3rd and 4th gens I just do not like.

The amount of Legendaries prevailant in the third generation annoyed me. And the fact that many old pokemon just don't get much love anymore is sad. It might just seem that way because theres more in existance but some pokemon (my prime example being Gachomp) I dislike greatly for killing or siphoning off the usefullness of other pokemon (eg. Flygon).

Back