• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon version do you like the best

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    This belongs in the Pokémon General section. My favourite game was probably Gold/Silver as well, i liked it alot!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I dont like Pokemon Gold and Silver the best :\ (Though they are a close second.)
    For me, its pokemon Crystal. With an intresting storyline, a crazy legendary fanatic (Go Eusine), and you get quite a few more things than Gold/Silver (Moving Pokemon, Buenas password etc.) Plus I am playing it right now :D

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I dont like Pokemon Gold and Silver the best :\ (Though they are a close second.)
    For me, its pokemon Crystal. With an intresting storyline, a crazy legendary fanatic (Go Eusine), and you get quite a few more things than Gold/Silver (Moving Pokemon, Buenas password etc.) Plus I am playing it right now :D

But isn't Crystal usually put in the same category as G/S

as in G/S/C

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
  • gold and silver all the way R/S/E was to boring in the storyline department while R/B/Y was so close but i hav to give props to the legendaries in G/S/C ( entei all the way :) )

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Sorry to be redundant but, Gold, Silver, and Crystal win across the board. They were twice as long as any other pokemon game and had 16 Gyms + Johto region.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A lot of people have gone for the whole second-generation, but I'd go for Crystal alone since it has one thing they should've put in Pokemon from the very start: a female protagonist.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • A lot of people have gone for the whole second-generation, but I'd go for Crystal alone since it has one thing they should've put in Pokemon from the very start: a female protagonist.

Actually Red and Green in Japan was supposed to have a female protagonist from the beginning, but couldn't because of cartridge limitations. She instead became the basis for the Lass trainer class and Blue from the Pokemon Special Manga. She did finally join the actual cast of protagonists in FireRed/LeafGreen and given a name: Leaf.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I think the answer to this question is pretty obvious even though its already been posted a million times I would have to say Gold/Silver/Crystal as well.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon version is Pokemon Crystal because it was from the second generation and Suicune was the star.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Not that this question has been posted fourty billion times or anything [/sarcasm], but my favourite would have to be Platinum.

Wait, what? Platinum hasn't been released yet?
    G/S/C ftw! xD

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • I disagree with a lot of you. Yes I think that the metal generation games were good, but I've always liked Red, Blue, Yellow/Green. My reason being that these are the original games and for me nothing is better than the original. The newer generations are great don't get me wrong, but R/B/Y is what got me into Pokemon in the first place.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Umm...I mostly prefer the Metal generation games. Especially Pokemon Crystal, it's my favorite.
    But, I also prefer other games such as R/B/Y and Emerald.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Pokemon yellow, crystal, and emerald are my fav. versions. I don't know why, but I always like the 3rd versions they make, so pretty soon I'm gonna like Platinum! ^_^

Cid

Years
  • Hmm, I guess I liked G/S/C, but I like R/B/Y better, especially Blue.
    I like the third generation games too, though not much of a fan of the fourth generation...

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    I liked FR/LG and D/P best. FR/LG because it was a remake of R/B which were really good. But i dont know why i like D/P, i just play it a lot

Back