• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the GS ball?

Buritos

Floppy Cucumber!!!
Years
  • I know im gonna sound all dorkish and what-not,but i stopped liking pokemon for a good while and i never found out what was in the GS ball...please tell me!!Im sorry,im new :embarrass

Years
  • The GS ball remained a mystery. It's one of those stupid anime mysteries that will never be revealed.

Not like in the manga! The GS ball contai- *Gets dragged away by men wearing black*

Man: That's the last time your going to spoil the public
    Oni: What? The Publich should know! Your conpiracies will all be exposed so-
    *man hits Oni with a bat*

XD XD XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    This applies to the TV Show, right? You're speaking of the ball on the anim?? *move*

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • If memory serves correct, the last time we saw or even heard of the GS ball was when they left it with Kurt in Azela Town, right?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • according to a rumor based on the Japanese version of Pok?mon Crystal, the GS ball contains Celebi inside.

In the Japanese Crystal, you can acquire the GS ball as an item after beating Red in Mt. Silver, after kurt investigated it, he tells you to place it in the Ilex forest shrine...and that's when Celebi attacks you

(of course all that was taken out of the American version of the game because we did not have nobile adapter technology at the time of Crystal's release...)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    tmbjr said:
    according to a rumor based on the Japanese version of Pok?mon Crystal, the GS ball contains Celebi inside.

In the Japanese Crystal, you can acquire the GS ball as an item after beating Red in Mt. Silver, after kurt investigated it, he tells you to place it in the Ilex forest shrine...and that's when Celebi attacks you

(of course all that was taken out of the American version of the game because we did not have nobile adapter technology at the time of Crystal's release...)

Uh, uh, not taken out, shaded out. the event is still in the game translated and useable, just no legit way to activate it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ehh..yeah, whateva...I never have the right choice of words to say at the right time...

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    tmbjr said:
    ehh..yeah, whateva...I never have the right choice of words to say at the right time...

Don't you love the geeky Kairi? ^____^

Yeah, they kind of dropped that plot. I wonder if they will pick it up as a special episode? If so, it'll never leave Japan... -.-;

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Buritos said:
    I know im gonna sound all dorkish and what-not,but i stopped liking pokemon for a good while and i never found out what was in the GS ball...please tell me!!Im sorry,im new :embarrass
    Ok burito and every body else if you think about it g stands for gold and s stands for silver it might be something to catch ho-oh or lugia or something.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • its more than likely Celebis Ball, but you never know it might make an apperence in a movie and capture a new legendary or something like that!

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • I hope the writers are going to do something with the GS Ball, cuz I don't like loose ends.

according to a rumor based on the Japanese version of Pok?mon Crystal, the GS ball contains Celebi inside.

When you put the GS Ball in the shrine, Celebi will come to you. The GS Ball doesn't contain Celebi, it is just a way to flush out Celebi.

Uh, uh, not taken out, shaded out. the event is still in the game translated and useable, just no legit way to activate it.

Serebii.net has a GameShark code which will make Kurt give the GS Ball to you. But like all GameShark codes there is a certain risk that it can screw up your game save.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • There was an episode where they saw that shrine in Ilex Forest - maybe it was originally meant to be part of the Celebi storyline before they came out with Pokemon 4ever? Anyway, like someone said, it is just gonna be one of those loose ends that never get tied up in the series.
    Hmm...aren't they supposed to re-release Gold and Silver like they are with Fire Red/Leaf Green? Maybe the GS ball will be available in that version of the game.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    Yeah it could stand for: Giovanni and Satoshi! ^_^;

I highly doubt that. Giovanni is a dubname and Satoshi is the Japanese name of Ash. I don't think they would mix Japanese and dubname. Also, professor Ivy once said that the ball was made from gold and silver, and because it had the characters GS on it, they called it the GS Ball.

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

possible spoiler

The Hoso Special "Another Legend of Celebi" does feature Richie meeting Celebi, but unfortunately, the GS Ball didn't made a appearance -_-. So it is still a loose end

Last edited:
    Back