• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto....Again???

Years
  • So if Nintendo ever gets around to making a GSDS remake how will the Anime make the "New" Johto Season. Do we have to go through the relatively well known "Johto Filler Hell" again? (But things are getting good with DPP. Maybe the writers will be more motivated by then? :P )

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Maybe they'll just do another Battle Frontier Season over at Johto.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Nopie. I don't think they will do something like that. Well maybe since we returned to Kanto but that was to help showcase the Battle Frountier more then FRLG. If we return to Jotho then maybe it be more like something Contest like at the most since it seems like there is a big contest scene there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Nope... As you see Sinnoh is full of filler already... Even if they travel to Johto again, I'm sure the filler episodes would be more less.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Er, the likeliness of a Gold, Silver & Crystal remake is similar to the chances of an eighth Harry Potter book. In my opinion, the creators will just make more and more generations until Pokémon is finally recognised as a franchise that has fallen. Of course, if they were to make a Gold, Silver & Crystal remake, I doubt that the anime writers will make Ash go back to Johto. If they do, the anime will decline in quality again with plot fillers and boring episodes that no one really cares about. I'd say that the show would either be put on hiatus or Ash and company will join a really long tournament that will go on until the writers get a better idea to bide time for the next Pokémon games.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I would love to see them go back into the Johto Region (maybe it'll be better despite the voice changes.) However, they do need a reason to go back, like when they went back to Kanto for Battle Frontier.

Perhaps they'll make a new Battle Frontier, like someone else suggested. That or something else will pop up that will cause them to go back. -shrugs-

I like Pokemon

Pwnage?
    Years
  • Like gameplay said, they'll probably go to a Battle Frontier. They took the third game addition (BF) and stick it in the land of the remake (Kanto previously, and Johto now). And we'll have the contests, that Dawn will enter. Wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hmm if it's anything like Kanto Battle Frontier it'll be unrecognisable, anyway.

Er, the likeliness of a Gold, Silver & Crystal remake is similar to the chances of an eighth Harry Potter book.

The Tales of Beedle and the Bard is coming out December :)

Years
  • LOL...

The Tales of Beedle and the Bard is coming out December :)

Yes it is...But isn't the "Tales of Beedle and the Bard" a compilation of "Fairy Tales" in the Wizarding World?...Does that mean that JK Rowling's going for the Kindergarden market now??? :P

-If you guys are going to reply to my joke of a comment please do so in my Visitor Messages 'cuz it's going to go off topic-

Years
  • Well, I wouldn't mind a Johto remake, if we can use the Rocket Executives. I say that, as well, do you see Giovanni do anything with Team Rocket anymore? If he's going to be indifferent, leave it to someone whom might take the organization somewhere.

But, that won't happen. And a Johto rehash will have the fans recall the original's flaws, which is just too much for any sane person.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Make Ash go to Johto in a movie, that's good enough without a waste of 2/3 seasons. In Johto, Ash left Chairzard, beat Gary, got a Shiny Pokémon, really matured and got strong Pokémon, had all the comedy and fun of a Pokémon series. You can't repeat that.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    after seeing this stuff about the battle frontier in platinum i think i know what will happen. first of all we know the 3rd DP anime series will be more like Platinum like advance battle was more like emerald with the 8th gym leader etc. so i think ash will meet scott/scotts reletive or friend and he'll be told about 5 new battle facilities. these may be in johto or the might not be

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Like gameplay said, they'll probably go to a Battle Frontier. They took the third game addition (BF) and stick it in the land of the remake (Kanto previously, and Johto now). And we'll have the contests, that Dawn will enter. Wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

after seeing this stuff about the battle frontier in platinum i think i know what will happen. first of all we know the 3rd DP anime series will be more like Platinum like advance battle was more like emerald with the 8th gym leader etc. so i think ash will meet scott/scotts reletive or friend and he'll be told about 5 new battle facilities. these may be in johto or the might not be
    Dang! Don't forget the Fight Area and othjer places as well!~

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Do we really need to re visit Johto in anime again? I would much rather see Kanto again.

Years
  • I think that after Ash will be in the Pokemon League in the Sinnoh if he win he will go to Johto for the new Battle Frontier that will be there so that he can train for the Sinnoh Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion Cynthia.

Back