• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Talk

Years
  • O.K, my fav kind of Pokemon is 100% Dark. My fav Dark is Darkrai! But I still got questions on Darks. Why were they only discobered in Season 2. What makes them Dark? Anyways, all we talk about is Dark pokemon. Only Ghosts are exceptions.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They were put in season 2 because the writers didn't come up with them until then, with Steel types.

If you only like 100% Dark types, you only like Darkrai, Mightyena, Poochyena, Umbreon, and Arceus with a Dark plate.

But to be honest, your thread might not survive.

This should be in the Pokémon General section, just to let you know.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dark types are my favorite, if only because of Tyranitar <3

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Umbreon FTW...
    Dark types are good, I love that they own both psychic and ghost

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • Both. How do I make him strong.
    A Mixed set can be tricky...I'd recommend a Special Set, but alright.

Houndoom @ Shed Shell
    Mild; 200 Atk, 100 SpAtk, 210 Spe
    Flash Fire

Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Thunder Fang
    Hidden Power Ice

Meh...Crunch and Thunder Fang to throw off Special Walls. Flamethrower as STAB attack of choice. HP Ice hits Ground and Dragon. Shed Shell lets him retreat faster to prepare a counterattack; it also allows more freedom when switching.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • You really know your Darks, huh? Final Question. How to make my Darkrai Strong.
    Not really; I use Smogon as a diving board and tweak the sets according to what I think is good. =3

Darkrai @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Naive; 180 Atk, 180 SpAtk, 150 Spe
    Bad Dreams

Dark Pulse
    Dark Void
    Focus Punch
    Subsitute

Dark Void puts 'em to sleep. Then, use Subsitute to set up a wall. Focus Punch the next Pokemon, or Focus Punch the sleeping Pokemon if it hasn't woken up yet. Dark Pulse can be used for mopping up foes or to hit Pokemon immune to Focus Punch. Leftovers for better stalling or Life Orb for a meaner hit. Take your pick. =3

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    [QUOITE=Lord Yawgmoth]Dark is rather cool, though I wish Dark-types other then Tyranitar would be stonger.[/QUOTE]
    No offense to you, but Tyranitar isn't the only 'strong' Dark Pokemon. All Dark Pokemon have special skills to link to their 'hybrid' abilities. Like for say, I have a Houndoom, I would probably go with something like this:

Houndoom :::
    - Flamethrower
    - Protect
    - Iron Tail/Crunch (depends on the person really. I, myself, like Crunch better because it gives a vareity of effective hits)
    - Strength

Back