• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hand-Drawn Artwork | By Kayashi

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • Contents

[alink id="introduction"]Introduction[/alink id]
    [alink id="aboutmyart"]About My Art[/alink id]
    [alink id="myartwork"]My Artwork[/alink id]

Hand-Drawn Artwork | By Kayashi

[a id]introduction[/a id]♫ Introduction
    Welcome to my Art Thread, if you're reading this! :D

You can read a few things about my art if you're interested in getting to know more about it. It's down in the next section.

These are all 100% hand-drawn artwork. I didn't edit anything about my drawing except a few layers of Brightness / Contrast to make the lines more clear to see.

So here's the story;
    I've been doing computer graphics for a while now, and I noticed I haven't posted a single one of my true hand-drawings on the PokeCommunity yet. People say I'm pretty good at drawing, so I thought why not? I used a camera to take pictures of these drawings, so they weren't very good quality pictures to start off with. They're all hand-drawn pencil sketches; I might be posting some more ~colorful~ oil paintings later on.

Enjoy, everyone. ~<3

[a id]aboutmyart[/a id]♫ About My Art?
    All you need to know about my artwork, if you're curious.

• I've been drawing for about five years, but I took a little break that ended only a while ago.
    • I have a new personal art teacher that's helping me learn a few tactics in drawing. He has a college degree in artwork.
    • I do mostly sketches now, but I used to do oil paintings. I might post a few of them if I can dig them up. They're pretty much the only colorful thing that you "might" see. xD
    • I do not edit my work in GIMP / Photoshop besides a couple of Brightness / Contrast layers to make the image better quality and the lines more clear.
    • I am able to do computer graphics such as the one in my signature.
    • I thiiiiink I tend to overshade my drawings a little too much. My teach says I always make the cloth too dark comparing to the others. D:<
    • I do draw cartoons and fakemon when I have nothing else to do, but I probably won't post them unless there's a popular demand. They're all a bit rushed, and I didn't really try to draw them professionaly.
    • It's probable that you might see a familiar drawing in this thread. This is because I draw quite a few sketches from a book and posted it. I put the date in my sketches in my own handwriting anyways, so...
    • I really appreciate constructive criticism, even if they are a bit negative. I'm only looking to improve. :D
    • I won a couple of contests. I got into a calendar and went on the local TV station back in Chicago.
    • I've been published as the 3rd place winner in the magazine Cricket in which the theme was self-portraits.
    [a id]myartwork[/a id]♫ My Artwork
    Well here it is... the main attraction of this thread. \o/ I'm going to update this thread at least once a week. You can also check my [dead]computer graphics thread here, if you're interested. ;> In case you're confused, you have to click the little square icon for each picture to see the whole complete image.

Girl in a Winter Coat
    I realize that the overall image is not completely in proportion, but the challenge was that I was to draw this whole image in 15 minutes, which I did successfully. Drawn out of an image in an art book, not a real model. So yeah. Drawn to practice sketching lines and how they change; also to use the side of my pencil to create shading.

Vase and Apples
    Pretty recent drawing of mine. Drawn from a picture I selected from an art book. I like this one, although there are a few minor errors I can notice immediately. I need opinions though. I don't remember how long it took me to draw this, but I think it was around one hour or so. Pretty demented apple over there on the right hand side of this picture. ~<3

Jar and Apples
    Probably my personal favorite and personal best. It features a big jar thing and (what I think are) apples. It was practice on drawing the details of the folds that you can see on the cloth beneath the objects. Image was drawn based on an image from a book that I selected. Yup yup.

Simple Beer and Cloth
    The most simplest drawing I have for you... well, besides the Girl in a Winter Coat (but that one I had a time limit to draw). I mean, it's actually so simple I don't think I even finished it. This is also the only one I have for you to see that was not drawn from an image in a book. It was from an actual still life that I set up, also practicing the details of the cloth.

Beach Scene / Sunset
    Drew this one a long time ago for a themed contest. I got first place for my age division, and got into the local calendar for the month of August. Looking back, it was pretty disproportionate. Not a huge fan of it, but it's okay.

Hummingbird and Flower
    Drew this image from a magazine cover that looked interesting. I know the flower in the left looks terrible, but eh. Also, don't laugh at my signature at the bottom right. I know it's awkward, and yes Michael is my real name. XD;

Vase of Flowers
    I think this is the best one so far, but I'm not sure. These were all done a long time ago, haven't done any oil paintings recently.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Very nice artwork here.
    My only constructive criticism would be to try and make it more fluent and flow better.
    It kind of seems like everything was cut out of a cube if that makes sense. An example is on the jar the light reflections are very geometric and look a bit surreal. Also, the books, table cloth and apples are a bit too solid looking.
    I don't know if that makes sense, maybe I am trying to say pay more attention to finer details and overall fluency of your sketches.
    Very nice stuff though.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Very nice artwork here.
    My only constructive criticism would be to try and make it more fluent and flow better.
    It kind of seems like everything was cut out of a cube if that makes sense. An example is on the jar the light reflections are very geometric and look a bit surreal. Also, the books, table cloth and apples are a bit too solid looking.
    I don't know if that makes sense, maybe I am trying to say pay more attention to finer details and overall fluency of your sketches.
    Very nice stuff though.
    Totally makes sense to me. :D Thanks for the input, I'll work on that~

Very nice artwork!
    I would suggest using more fluent strokes with the pencil. It takes some practice but when you can control those fluent pencil strokes you won't draw in any other way since it makes the artwork better looking and more structured. There isnt much more to tell; your shading is way better than mine. That and perspective are my weak points.
    I've realized that problem for a while now. XD; I'm working on using the fine tip of my pencil more (and trying to get off my lazy butt and actually sharpen them). Thanks for the input, Martian Oddity. I'll focus on that. :D

No new artwork with this post ~<3

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • DUDE. ;A;
    Have you seriously been drawing for five years? I've only been drawing for like two lul.. ;;
    no three... yeah three.. two and heif?
    ANYWAY.
    Dude.
    These are awesome and I disagree with anyone who says you need to use more fluent strokes.
    It's like a style and I reeeally like it o_O Only crits I have is the girl's face in the first picture looks weird.
    The still life pics are amazing.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • DUDE. ;A;
    Have you seriously been drawing for five years? I've only been drawing for like two lul.. ;;
    no three... yeah three.. two and heif?
    ANYWAY.
    Dude.
    These are awesome and I disagree with anyone who says you need to use more fluent strokes.
    It's like a style and I reeeally like it o_O Only crits I have is the girl's face in the first picture looks weird.
    The still life pics are amazing.
    I know, the girl's face looks awkward. XD; I was focusing too much on her clothing and really didn't save time to finish her face at the end, so her nose and mouth really just got put to the left of her face too far.

Thank youuu~ :D
    Wow these are spectacular
    Thanks. :D

Your woman in coat looks kind of male lol. Other than that, I simply love those drawings, too gorgeous to complain about.
    You didn't tell me that she looked like a man on MSN. You... said some other stuff lol. Buuut thanks lala~<3

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Update #01
    Got some more colorful images for ya'. They're all pretty old though.

Beach Scene / Sunset
    Drew this one a long time ago for a themed contest. I got first place for my age division, and got into the local calendar for the month of August. Looking back, it was pretty disproportionate. Not a huge fan of it, but it's okay.

Hummingbird and Flower
    Drew this image from a magazine cover that looked interesting. I know the flower in the left looks terrible, but eh. Also, don't laugh at my signature at the bottom right. I know it's awkward, and yes Michael is my real name. XD;

Vase of Flowers
    I think this is the best one so far, but I'm not sure. These were all done a long time ago, haven't done any oil paintings recently.

Years
  • The paintings are cute. :3

I like 'em! =D (Well, I'm still learning how to paint, so I might not have much to say. XD)

However, maybe the bottom of the vase in the paint "Vase of Flowers" looks a bit funny/off, but still, nice artwork here, Kayashi. =3 I'm gonna come back sometime to see more of your work. <3

~A.R

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • WOW! Nice art skizzles! I am a drawer too but i draw anime stuff! Ur more of a structured or should i say real life drawer. i dont know. but ur good!:D
    Thanks, Shadow. :3 I draw anime too actually, but just for fun.

The paintings are cute. :3

I like 'em! =D (Well, I'm still learning how to paint, so I might not have much to say. XD)

However, maybe the bottom of the vase in the paint "Vase of Flowers" looks a bit funny/off, but still, nice artwork here, Kayashi. =3 I'm gonna come back sometime to see more of your work. <3

~A.R
    Thanks, AR. Yeah, it does look a bit off. Thanks for the input though. :D

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Cool paintings.
    Love the Hummingbird one, it is so accurate and neat.
    One little things though which may actually be a positive but; the vase of flowers painting, the flowers look kind of drained and aren't very vibrant with colours. This is a downer to me, but then I realised, it looks like an old photograph of a vase of flowers. Little but dark, little bit old fashioned which made me think it looks great the way it is.
    So did you mean to do it like an old fashioned style, or was it a genuine coincidence?
    :P Great stuff, keep it up.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Almost forgot about this thread. XD
    Cool paintings.
    Love the Hummingbird one, it is so accurate and neat.
    One little things though which may actually be a positive but; the vase of flowers painting, the flowers look kind of drained and aren't very vibrant with colours. This is a downer to me, but then I realised, it looks like an old photograph of a vase of flowers. Little but dark, little bit old fashioned which made me think it looks great the way it is.
    So did you mean to do it like an old fashioned style, or was it a genuine coincidence?
    :P Great stuff, keep it up.
    Thanks, first of all. XD I guess I was aiming for a mild old-fashioned image, but I didn't want it too be all that old-fashioned because it can look kind of dull. I think I did choose the dull teal vase on purpose to give it an old fashioned hint. I guess you can say it was a coincidence to an extent. XD; Perhaps it's my loose painting style? I don't go into detailed lines too much, so I just normally use a blur or a smudge of color there.

Thanks for the comments, noxious. and RideOnAShootingStar. Appreciate it. :3 I guess lots of people like the hummingbird one.

XD;

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    gaaawsh. your representation of shape and tone is goooorgous!
    *gasp* the tonal jars make me so jealous :O!

XD' odd. your name and gender... *hmmhmm* well whatever. thats besdies the point. caught my attention though. its interesting. whatever way you think of it.

your use of colour really captivates me. this stuff is all so fantastic <D keep it up!
    *nyappythumbsup!*o(≧∀≦ )o
    awesome work >)!

Back