• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Login Problem

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I was browsing the PokeCommunity as a guest when I looked down at the online users viewing the forum......and saw myself. I clicked on the username to double check and...

Well, look at the attachment.

So, is this some fluke of the forum that logged me in partway without myself even doing so, or have I been hacked and now need to change my password?

Note: After I logged in, I went back to the forum I was looking at and noticed that the thread that I had clicked on was registered as already read... Am I to presume that this is a glitch, then?

EDIT: I am aware that community members are considered to still be online for 15 minutes after all activity has ceased. However, the last time that I had actively logged on was Sunday afternoon, so I seriously doubt this to be the cause.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You're still 'online' for the same reason one is still 'online' when they close all windows/tabs with PC in them. You're classed as active in the last fifteen minutes, and thus you'll appear to be logged on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You're still 'online' for the same reason one is still 'online' when they close all windows/tabs with PC in them. You're classed as active in the last fifteen minutes, and thus you'll appear to be logged on.

I am aware of this. However, the last time that I had logged on before this was Sunday evening.

...Hmm... As strange as this may be, could it have been because I was using the site's IP address at the time? I am not certain how that could make such a large difference, considering what IP addresses and URL addresses actually are, but still...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    strange as it is, I would still advise the changing of your password, if just for safety's sake.

Indeed, and I have already done so. I would just like to know what the original cause of this was, for my own state of mind if nothing else.

...And for the fact that this problem still persists. I just found the recent activity on my profile to be looking at a thread that I have never even visited, much less at that moment.

Never mind. I found out that, for some reason, visiting this thread registered on my profile as visiting this thread.

Last edited:
    Back