• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deck Forest Onrush

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Hi. This is my first deck and I wanted it reviewed so I knew how good it was.

Key card:
    Arcanine x1

Energies:
    Fire energy x8
    Grass energy x8
    Metal energy x2

Trainers:
    Night Maintennance x1
    Balloon Berry (Pokemon Tool) x1
    Rival (supporter) x2
    Masterball x2

Pokemon:
    Surskit x1
    Masquerain x1
    Lileep x1
    Cradily x1
    Belsprout x1
    Weepinbel x1
    Victreebel x1
    Tropius x1
    Bulbasaur x1
    Ivysaur x1
    Venusaur x1
    Vulpix x4
    Ninetails x4
    Moltres x1
    Ho-oh x1
    ponyta x1
    Rapidash x1
    Numel x1
    Camerupt EX x1
    Slugma x1
    Magcargo x1
    Cyndaquil x1
    Quilava x1
    Typhosion x1
    Bagon (Delta Species) x1
    Shelgon (Delta Species) x1
    Salamence (Delta Species)x1
    Growlithe x2

What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Hmm... Looks good! Maybe a few too many pokemon and too few trainer cards, though? Still, the inclusion of Lileep and Cradily is always good - they're great cards! Although, how are you going to play Lileep without any fossils/fossil-based trainers?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Uh oh, I forgot about this. Thanks, I'll change it as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'll need to know what sets they're from before I am able to do an extensive review. However, I can say that, just by looking at it, you have way too many Pokémon. So little energy and trainer cards. Drop some of the Pokémon and get more trainer/energy cards or you'll never win anything.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    With so many evo lines and lack of duplicates I dare say this deck won't get very far, there'll be little in the way of solid strategies and you're leaving too much down to chance.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    What do duplicates have to do with anything? It'd be better to not have duplicates.​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Why would you want duplicates? If you have those, people would know your strategy. . Just the way I see it. =/​

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    It's because having 20 pokemon spread out over 3 lines is something like this:

4-3-4
    2-2
    2-2

As opposed to this:
    1-1
    1-1-1
    1-1
    1-1-1
    1-1
    1-1-1
    1-1

The problem with the second one is that if you get one of the basic forms, the odds of finding a pokemon that it evolves into are around 1/40. In the above example, the odds are around 3/40, or 1/13. It also means if 1 of your cards gets prized, no biggy, you've got another one. Plus, if you play the basic form of 1 card, then get the evolved form of a different one, AND the basic (by some miracle), if your bench is full, your SOL. The centralazation of 2-4 pokemon lines allows for more reliability and consistensy. If you look at some of the top ranking decks, you see that almost none of them run more than 3 evolving pokemon lines. Its just what works.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Why would you want duplicates? If you have those, people would know your strategy. . Just the way I see it. =/​

If you operate 2 maybe 3 main strategies revolving around certain evolution lines you run a far better chance of presenting a strong front against an opponent, weather the opponent guesses you out or not.

With this deck's key card being Arcanine and only having 1, what does the player do if they lose the growlithe or the Arcanine is a prize? What the player should be running is something along the lines of 3 Growlithe - 2 Arcanine, backed up by lets say...a 3-2-3 on the victorybell line. That way you can afford to lose a growlithe or two early on and still push through with your Arcanine.

Juliacoolo

Uchiha Blood.
    Years
  • WAAAY too may pokemon, and way too many evo lines. When posting say, 4 infernape, 0 monferno, and 4 chimmchar, post 4-0-4 infernape to look cleaner. This deck lacks trainers, synergy, strategy, and more. PM me if you want me to help you with it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think I may have beaten you to the punch :P

You were just that little bit faster ;]

But in all honesty, the deck that Hourglass is running at the moment will lose near enough every game, it's unpredictable and it has very few solid fallbacks. Like me and Lightning Storm have said, it's paramount to include duplicates if he wants to get anywhere in a match.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Regardless, if you have duplicates, that would just bring you up to way more Pokémon, and you really need less.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Regardless, if you have duplicates, that would just bring you up to way more Pokémon, and you really need less.​

That's why he needs to cut a lot of the evo chains out, like I said earlier
    With so many evo lines and lack of duplicates I dare say this deck won't get very far
    A decent deck shouldn't be running on much more than 4 main evo chains, give or take 2. I remember in my heyday a lot of popular decks ran on ludicargo (Ludicolo and Marcargo pretty much set you up so you'd get whatever card you wanted) and Typloshion decks backed up by Emerald Weezing (I used to use this combination when i played).

What I am saying is he should limit his evo chains, and use pokemon that compliment each other via poke-power/pokebodies. Sling in some trainers and a fair amount of energies and you have a well oiled machine.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I know what you said earlier, hence how this started.

Also, a little more elaboration goes quite a long way, since we really haven't touched upon which ones to rid this deck of . . .:
    Let's - a Tropius, - a Surskit and Masquerain, and - Bagon, Shelgon, and Salamence. I'd still need to know which expansions the rest are from to say which I think should go and stay.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'd still need to know which expansions the rest are from to say which I think should go and stay.[/center][/COLOR]
    Hence why we didn't tell him what to cut. He hasn't posted up what expansions and how he intends to use the cards, therefore telling him to remove anything at this stage is futile.

Back