• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Rom Hackers]What do you hateqbout the members of game development section

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
  • In the game development you may have seen alot of people post alot of good comments,
    but Some members are really annoying they say
    "When Is this Game going to be out?"
    "Wow, nice Hack cant wait until its released."
    "What rom should I use?"

Well to all the people from rom hacking section READ THE ROM HACKING SECTION! DONT POST ANYTHING WHICH HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ROMS HERE!!!

Thank you for reading.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    While people mistaking real own-made games for ROM hacks is frustrating, this topic really isn't all that much more useful.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • While people mistaking real own-made games for ROM hacks is frustrating, this topic really isn't all that much more useful.

I have to agree with this comment. There are still people who don't even read the highlighted description of Game Development "This forum is not for ROM-Hacks or things related to them!".

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I seriously think this is infraction-worthy. It's one thing when people do it once in a while. It's another thing when they don't read the rules. And when they don't read the rules and keep talking about "Hacks" around here, that's just too much. I don't think people will learn unless they get infractions.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • I agree with you, people who even use the word "rom, hack, .gba, emulator, or any other rom related thing" should get an infraction. but it is true that you can sometimes make the mistake of going to the wrong section. Hackers think if a Fan made pokémon game looks good, they automaticly think its a Rom, Do you agree?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • It's annoying, but not that bad. When I first got into hacking(About a year ago), I came here asking questions about it. It's something to do with the n00b mind, they don't take the time to read anything, and they just post what they think is right, or whatever else they feel fit. I don't think it is infraction-worthy, at all, actually. If they do it once, that's fine, no reason for an infraction, just yell at them. I can understand maybe giving them an infraction for repeated offences, like 3, or more. Also, don't go down on all the hackers, we're not all ********s like them. All of us worth out weight sure as hell know the difference between a hack and a game. Anyways, hopefully the n00bs will read this and prevent them from posting dumb crap about hacks on a game thread.

Last edited:

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • It's annoying, but not that bad. When I first got into hacking(About a year ago), I came here asking questions about it. It's something to do with the n00b mind, they don't take the time to read anything, and they just post what they think is right, or whatever else they feel fit. I don't think it is infraction-worthy, at all, actually. If they do it once, that's fine, no reason for an infraction, just yell at them. I can understand maybe giving them an infraction for repeated offences, like 3, or more. Also, don't go down on all the hackers, we're not all ********s like them. All of us worth out weight sure as hell know the difference between a hack and a game. Anyways, hopefully the n00bs will read this and prevent them from posting dumb crap about hacks on a game thread.
    Yes if someone does it 3 or more times then they should get an Infraction. And It makes sense if you say Nice Hack on a game if you are a new rom hacker.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I actually encourage this for games made using special tools like RMXP with poccil's "essentials."

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Wow Shun your a ****ing nerd if you get ticked off by that. Why don't you get ticked off at something that actually matters like kids in africa dying of starvation.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • yall calm down this is only going to start a flame war, pleaz while its true we dont like people calling our games hacks because we started from scratch with ours u have to realize that most of these people are noobs so they don't know better. pleaz dont get into a flame war for this, and yes if it gets bad enough i agree that it should start being a fraction especially since it says it right when you enter these parts of the forums but other then that there's really nothing to dicuss about this. allowing someone to post just because they're angry and have no points to their arguments= a pointless thread. so pleaz don't start flamming each other.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • They have there own section and we have ower own they cant get over that owers is better

joking joking were both equaly well but there is post and clues saing this is not a rom hack...

Last edited:

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • They have there own section and we have ower own they cant get over that owers is better

joking joking were both equaly well but there is post and clues saing this is not a rom hack...
    there are clues saying that this is the game development section.

With roms you are only limited to what you can do. With games you have more and more things to do. Pros and Cons of games
    Pros:
    More Maps,
    More Graphics,
    Easier to understand,
    Good scripting tool,

Cons:
    Scripting Language is sometimes confusing
    Your Project can sometimes go wrong without a back up file.

ROm hacks

Pro:
    Make the game better,
    Scripting is easy to understand,
    CAn edit almost everything.

Cons:
    Limited to what to do.
    Rom can sometimes break.

Back