• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lightning Anime

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • o.o; Been a while since I posted my site here... but nonetheless, here it is:

http://www.lightninganime.ca

=\ The layout was done almost entirely in div layers and CSS, and it was one of my first tries at that, so I'm happy with the results. The right sidebar will eventually be used for topsites, networks and stuff once I get around to joining them. And I've given up on affiliates since I don't see the point anymore and I'll probably just follow Zappy's lead and link to sites of friends and sites which I think are well done or useful. o_O; May change my mind in the future, but not now. =\

As for content... x_X My computer died, so I don't have access to any of it, therefore not very many images are up. My Angelic Layer content is on my dad's laptop and I haven't extracted it yet, and the LH was on my old computer, so those'll take a while to get back up if I do end up having to redo it all.

Otherwise, I look forward to your feedback~ o.o;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I think I checked this out very briefly yesterday...or the day before. I think I liked the old purple layout better. I say "think" because I've seen it so many times that I'm used to it now. But I'm sure after a while I'll get used to the new one. (The new one's probably better too, I'm just stubborn).

I thought you were going to use "http://la.shouki.com." What happened?

Okay...now for some very little constructive criticism. The layout is a little squishy. You have sections where the words overlap onto the layout...but very subtle.

I notice that Pokemon isn't mentioned. Are you finished with the anime?

Cherrim

Years
  • I haven't sat down and watched an entire episode of Pokemon in roughly a year. o_O;; So I can't keep up to date with something I don't enjoy watching. =\ I was gonna use la.shouki.com, but then I decided to renew my domain instead, and I'm pretty glad I did. ^^;

o_O And... *tries with IE* Yeah, I guess the text does overlap a bit. o.o; I'll try to see what I can do about that.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • That layout is really nice looking... I'll check out some of the content later. =3

Cherrim

Years
  • ^^;; Thanks guys. I went through like... 5 layouts before I was happy enough with one of them.

And I fixed the disclaimer and the layout should be fixed now. o_O

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • That's a very nice layout. I don't follow Anim?s (I'm not sure if there's an accent or not), so I couldn't comment on the contents of your site.

Lightning said:
    *coughswitchtofirefoxcough* <_<

Disgusting! The next thing you know, you'll tell me that Microsoft is evil and I should switch to a Mac. (That's sarcasm, if you hadn't noticed...)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Orange was a surprise to me, when I saw this one, I liked the purple. But orange is different, there's not that many orange Anime sites, and yours really stands out ^^

Cherrim

Years
  • =3 Orange is my favourite colour, so I wanted an orange layout~ That's really the only basis behind it. ^^;

HellishHades - xD Microsoft IS evil if you happen to run Windows ME

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Looks great ^^ good job on the top banner ^^
    Only small suggestion is having a proper title on each page (eg. Yu-gi-oh), and maybe a small gap between links and the main text
    Centering the layout, or adding a background behind the layout would be cool ^^

Cherrim

Years
  • My layouts for a long while have spanned across the screen in any resolution, but now I'm too lazy to make the top banner look nice like that. =\ So I just left it like this. I considered adding a fixed background so it'd look nicer on 1024 x 768, but getting the measurements and stuff for it would be annoying and it'd also just be a hassle to make. =\

<<; And I'd centre it, but I'm far too lazy to figure out how to do absolute positioning properly that way.

Back