• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How's this team?

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
  • Poliwrath
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Venusaur
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Gyarados
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Pikachu
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Aerodactyl
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Snorlax
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Thats my plan for a fire red team, i dont have any idea for movesets yet, im making a mock-up pokemon special "red" team. Anyone who sees this just say yay or nay and maybe if you have the time then help me with a moveset. And if you guys don't like that one, heres another choice:
    Dragonite
    Golbat (then crobat after nat. dex)
    Charizard
    Poliwrath
    Jolteon
    Nidoking

oh and btw don't say anything works ingame because im planning on using this for pokemon fire red ingame then trading to emerald to dominate the battle frontier then migrating to diamond.

Last edited:

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • Todoroki said:
    I see only one problem with your team, Aerodactyl is only obtainable so late in the game, I hope you have a backup to compisate.
    um actually aerodactyl is obtainable moderately early if you're smart ;) haha, as soon as i get to celadon, i get the tea,then get to fushcia then just go to the safari zone before even the 4th badge, get surf, then i get the 4th and 5th badge and surf to cinnabar from pallet town and get aerodactly earlier then usual so ill have it by the time im at the 6th badge and before silph co and everything.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • You have some electric weaknesses, but I guess Venasaur should take care of that. (Is Areodactyl resistent to electric or no?)

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    it'll do 2x to aerodactyl since rock isn't resistant to electricity, just ground.

aside from the weaknesses to electric attacks, it's a solid "red" team :D

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • Im sure ill be fine with being weak to electric, there arent many electric types in fire red other then surges gym and at that time ill at least have an ivysaur which is resistant to electric so after that gym everything else will be easy

arghhh i just realized i have no one to beat erika with.

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Your first team has no fire and two waters. I'd swap a water for a fire. Then again, I like having a variety of Pokemon. xD

Other than that, your team is pretty awesome. I like the first better because of Pikachu. Though, I'd evolve Pikachu if I were you... because, I find Pikachu's stats to be... well... not that good. At the same time, however, I have beat Red and Blue with a Pikachu in my party. And Yellow, too, of course.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • if you guys havent noticed im trying to make a team that is an exact copy of "red" from pokemon special, so i dont want to switch the members at all other then i was maybe asking if anyone had any ideas for movesets that i could add so that i could beat grass types. OR theres the option of just picking the second team. WAIT. I have an idea lol. I could get a fearow or golbat until i can get an aerodactyl? How's that sound

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    lol flappy^

Aside from half the first team being weak to electric, you're fine. There aren't that many electric types as said before.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    You have 3 pokemon that are weak to Electric, so I suggest get rid of 1 water pokemon and add a psychic type like alakazam or maybe an Hypno. Otherwise watch out for there weaknesses. ;]

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • yeah im not going to change anyone other then aerodactyl only temporary until i can get him. So ill get a fearow or a Golbat, just until the 4th gym and then ill be able to get aerodactyl. Let's just hope that i have the patience to train snorlax. He takes forever to gain levels.

anyone else have an opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Suggestions and comments in bold:
    Poliwrath
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Brick Break
    - Bulk Up/Belly Drum
    - Hypnosis/Ice Beam
    - Surf

Definite weakness to your team. If there is ANY way you can drop this subpar Pokemon, I would HIGHLY suggest it. Bad stats and bad movepool.

Venusaur
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder/Leech Seed
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Synthesis

The best starter of FRLG. Sad it cannot learn Leaf Blade, but this thing handles Water-types very easily and Sleep Powder can come in pretty handy.

Gyarados

Meh. This just isn't a good in-game Pokemon, especially on this team. Bad base SAtk and limited movepool. As with Poliwrath, if there is ANY way you can switch this thing out, DO IT. I highly suggest using Dragonite instead.

Raichu
    Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Pretty solid in-game Pokemon, and this moveset really takes advantage of the brainless AI that routinely attack with non-damaging moves that allow your Sub to stick. Then it is sweep ftw.

Aerodactyl
    Trait: Rock Head
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Pretty self-explanatory. Remember that Rock Head prevents Double-Edged from dealing recoil damage.

Snorlax
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam/Return
    - Curse/Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Shadow Ball

Absolute in-game beast. Don't necessarily need the Curse set up, but it really makes this thing unbeatable.

~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Thats my plan for a fire red team, i dont have any idea for movesets yet, im making a mock-up pokemon special "red" team. Anyone who sees this just say yay or nay and maybe if you have the time then help me with a moveset. And if you guys don't like that one, heres another choice:
    Dragonite
    Golbat (then crobat after nat. dex)
    Charizard
    Poliwrath
    Jolteon
    Nidoking

oh and btw don't say anything works ingame because im planning on using this for pokemon fire red ingame then trading to emerald to dominate the battle frontier then migrating to diamond.
    If you are open to suggestions, I would go with Dragonite over Gyarados, Jolteon over Raichu, and then give Sub/Punch to Poliwrath.

Good luck.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • Suggestions and comments in bold:

If you are open to suggestions, I would go with Dragonite over Gyarados, Jolteon over Raichu, and then give Sub/Punch to Poliwrath.

Good luck.

I would swap it out for dragonite but i was kinda really hoping for a mock-up "red" pokemon special team, i was planning on training them all to level 100 and giving them the best movesets and everything.Your movesets sound good and ill most likely use them all, but one question, where can i get substitute in fire red and what about focus punch

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Substitute: Fuchsia City, Move Tutor northwest of the Pokemon Center
    Focus Punch: Saffron City, TM01 in Silph Co.

Feel free to use your team as is. Gyarados just really doesn't help much. Both it and Absol are some of the few Pokemon that benefit from the DPP metagame.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • It's your choice...

Just remember 3 things:

*Balance is the Key
    *Remember Weakness and Resistance
    *Each Pokemon has its Specialty

Your team is so far so Good. ;)

Years
  • Yeah, i'm always doing this in Pearl- have a PC box specially named ''Manga''. Have them all done, actually, even the DPP teams, so far, anyways. It's fun, i even give them the nicknames...

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Hmm.. major ice weakness. venasour is weak to ice, gyra is 4x and aero is 4x too.. but since ice types are the least type seen in the games..

Back