• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this weird...or is it just me?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • Okay, so my little cousin Nicolynn recently started calling my brother "John-John." No one EVER called him that, except our grandmother. And Nicolynn has NEVER heard her call John that.

But my aunt says she goes into her room(which was grandma's room) when Nicolynn has nightmares.

Does my grandmother's spririt, like, lurk in the house still?

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Maybe she just thought it could be a cute nickname? I've had some kids call me Gra-Gra or some shorter variation of my name. :D

But I'm not necessarily a believer in the supernatural, either, so ...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • But how did she come up with it? She's always called him John Edward and she is only little and she isn't the sharpest pencil in the box...

Years
  • But how did she come up with it? She's always called him John Edward and she is only little and she isn't the sharpest pencil in the box...
    Well, let's face it; John-John isn't the most amazing nickname in the world. It doesn't take much to repeat someones name. She might have heard it on a TV show or something, too.

And what do you mean 'she goes into her room when Nicolynn has nightmares'? As in your grandmother goes into her room? How would you know? I think you're definitely jumping the gun on this one. I'm not saying there's absolutely no chance that your grandmother's spirit lingers in your house, but just because your cousin has nightmares and started calling your brother a rather juvenile name doesn't necessarily qualify as proof of a supernatural being.

Now if your little cousin starting wiggin' out and projectile vomiting all over the place while her head spun complete 360's, then it might be a different story. ;)

Years
  • Idk dude I have read a lot about the supernatural But I have not heard anything bout this but My grandma died and my little cousin Lillian acts Like she has my Grandmas spirit and she is only 3 years old So Idk dude

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Okay, so my little cousin Nicolynn recently started calling my brother "John-John." No one EVER called him that, except our grandmother. And Nicolynn has NEVER heard her call John that.

But my aunt says she goes into her room(which was grandma's room) when Nicolynn has nightmares.

If I had the same eye color as my dead, great-grandfather, does that mean that his spirit lurks in my house? No because it's silly.

Congratulations, you now know the answer to your question.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Could just be a coinicidence, I mean John John is a pretty typical nickname for a small child to give a person named John.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    But how did she come up with it? She's always called him John Edward and she is only little and she isn't the sharpest pencil in the box...
    there you have it, john-john, it doesn't take much effort to come up with a nickname like THAT
    and She's a little kid,
    She probably just thought it was a brilliant nickname, "I can call him John-John, its short for John!!"

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Okay, so my little cousin Nicolynn recently started calling my brother "John-John." No one EVER called him that, except our grandmother. And Nicolynn has NEVER heard her call John that.

Creepy story. Things like this really make you wonder what is and isn't real and possible.

Mapl3Syrup

Likes pie :)
    Years
  • Maybe she just thought it could be a cute nickname? I've had some kids call me Gra-Gra or some shorter variation of my name. :D

But I'm not necessarily a believer in the supernatural, either, so ...
    Gra-Gra?? What the heck is your name, Granola??

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. :) How old is she? I remember having a lot of nightmares when I was younger too.

Now, if it was a nickname that didn't relate to John's name whatsoever (ex; "Bob" xD), then that might be a different story. o_O;

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Well, I over heard my mom and my aunt saying this.

I just thought it was actually true since the younger ones on either side of my family has seen a dead grandparent.

Like my cousin Jenifer said she saw a man in her room. She said he had grey hair and blue eyes. So we showed her the picture of my grandpa Eddie and she said "That's him"

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I over heard my mom and my aunt saying this.

I just thought it was actually true since the younger ones on either side of my family has seen a dead grandparent.

Like my cousin Jenifer said she saw a man in her room. She said he had grey hair and blue eyes. So we showed her the picture of my grandpa Eddie and she said "That's him"
    Get an excorsist your grandparents are haunting ghosts the worst of their kind.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • No. It's just when Nicolynn has nightmares, she goes and sleeps in her mothers room which was my grandmothers room.

Also, when my brother was little, after my grandma died, he would be screaming in the middle of the night. And my mom went to go see what was wrong and my brother said "Nothing, I'm arguing with grandma."

And I'm sitting in my grandma Emilia's room(she's dead too, I never met her). And I swore I saw her standing at the foot of the bed, but I wasn't afraid.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • For it to be known I actually believe this. I can hear my grandmothers heels in the hallway all the time and she died three years ago.

Back