• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

is there going to be a 5th generation of pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Probably. Pokemon rakes in the dough, so I wouldn't be surprised. As long as they don't fudge up as bad as they did with the 4th generation, I'm good.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Obviously. Pokemon's a multi-billion dollar company; a fifth generation can only bring in more money, and that's really all Nintendo and Gamefreak want.

When though, we cannot say. Presumably a while after HG/SS. A year and a half after them, perhaps?

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
As far as I can tell, Pokemon games have always had a 3-4 year gap between them... so, probably around 2010/11 is when we can expect a 5th gen game.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
2011 is the most expected date for me to be released. Shove as many 5th gen monsters into movie 13 and movie 14 and then release in 2011.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I think and hope so. We want new pokémon but I really don't know do we need. They get much money by doing those but they have to stop too. I just think how many generations is coming. (Years later: "I finally caught all 1000 pokémon, it was so hard. Wanna trade my all 20 Eevee's evolutions and I get some legendarys?") So, there has to be end but I think it's too early by now.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Sad as it is, there probably will be a fifth generation...maybe even a sixth and seventh as well...

They'll probably introduce 100-130 new pokemon...20-25 of which will be legendaries. >_>

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yes. And we even have a thread for speculating about it. Speculation on its very existence can go there too. It's a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back