• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascaris

boogey
Years
  • This is becoming incredibly stupid. Everytime I log on here I find myself with a reputation comment for a post which couldn't have possibly even illicited a neg, and often with the most idiotic comments. I just found out that I've received a negative reputation for this post with the comments "Don't try to be funny when you're not >.<".

What the hell? Seriously? It's obvious that most of the members here don't even know how reputation works let alone use it the way it's supposed to be. You're reputation rules are horribly put together; reading through them I can grasp that it's perfectly okay to negative rep someone as long as you're not flaming in the comments. And what about those people with immense positive reputations which they get, not because their posts are of good quality, because they're usually graphics artists or spriters who received reputation for their work or even because their friends rep them for absolutely no reason. Reputation abuse even for positives is equally bad.

The fact of the matter is that I don't even see why such a forum needs reputation. Reputation isn't, and shouldn't be looked upon, as an accurate representation of the popularity or the quality of a users posts. And it's become obvious over the past few months that a majority of the PokeCommunity is too immature to comprehend what reputation actually means and how it's used; I frankly don't see what the point is in keeping it around anymore.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Trust me; we're all aware of the Rep abuse here.. the members that don't agree with it altogether just disable it. Soon enough, it's probably gonna be disabled for everyone..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Weeeeeeeee, more reputation threads~ ^___^ *giggle*

Seriously, just ignore it! It's a little feature PC had enabled AGAIN just for fun, or something. People have been abusing it all the time, and if you haven't noticed, it has been posted in this forum numerous times. Just report it to upper staff, and move on. It's been abused so many times though, they might just disable it again once and for all. But, it seriously isn't what makes this forum so lively. Again, it's a stupid little feature that people use often and shouldn't take it seriously.

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
  • Disable it

...is the word I hear most when I bring up the topic of reputation abuse in any other forum. If the members are so ready to accept the problem and even provide a temporary solution for it then what's keeping the staff from responding with greater intensity?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back