• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait or Buy?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    My Birthday just passed (16...yay1) and my parents want to get me something. I want a new game but I don't know what to get...

I'm thinking I might like Wii Sports Resort since it looks like fun and with the Wii MotionPlus acessory, it might just be very good.

I also saw an E3 trailer of Wii Fit Plus and the more things you can do plus the old stuff , it looked awsome (I found the whole dog thing hilarious). It comes out in September

I also saw the E3 trailer of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it looks fun. I'm also the adventure type and when I borrowed the first installment from my friend, it was fun. However, it comes in 2010.

I also(i know, I said that alot) heard about a new Zelda(for the Wii) game and that just drove me crazy. However, it also comes out in 2010.

So what are your opinions on these games and do you have any suggestions on current/future Wii games?

I'm the type that likes alot of Adventure, Light-hearted (nothing too dark except for the Zelda games) and Action.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm going to assume you ONLY have a Wii, since you haven't mentioned other systems.

I would say wait for the Mario or Zelda game if you love those, the WiiSports stuff is generally for when you've got people to play with. At least that's how I've always played it. I've only ever played when I could play with a friend or family member. But you might be different from me and love playing the original WiiSports alone. XD

The WiiFit thing could be fun, but that really goes off your personal opinion, I'd say...I haven't gotten it, but that's simply because I have little time to do that sort of thing. :>

But I, personally, would wait for Mario Galaxy 2 or Legend of Zelda. Those games take quite awhile to lose their playability and I'd say you probably would get bored with the Resort mini-games after awhile, especially if that's one of few things you have to play. But like I said, those are mainly my opinions. :> Hopefully you enjoy whatever choice you do make.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • If you have friends, then go with Wii Sportts and then save up money for the new games. It can't be that hard to earn $50 by 2010. Plus you said you're 16, you can get a job now.

Why would you buy anything on the Wii?
    I just went ahead and fix'd that for you.

Back