• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hesitant to Sleep?

Years
  • Hey. do you guys ever feel somewhat scared to go to sleep. pray to god that you hope enobody will come to your house and kill you? hide under your covers, and stay awak even if you hear the slightest cracck, or you har something outside, or think you hear somebody in your house? im like that every day T_T how about you guys?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • same here. I'm a nervous wreck.
    Sometimes, I think a ghost will come out of my closet and attack me. :|

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Sometimes after watching a scary film I get really nervous and need to have my TV on while I'm going to sleep.

Years
  • ya, when its dark, and i need to get sometinhg in my house, i run as fast as i can, near the walls, looking back and forth, screaming and shouting Dx

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Oh My Pork. If I have to go to the bathroom at night, I slowly open the door, incase a serial killer isn't on the other side, then I close my eyes and turn on the bathroom light, since my bathroom is right infront of my room. then I look around the bathroom, making sure there aren't any zombies in. Then I lock the door, to make sure that the serial killer doesn't get in. and the process repeats as I exit.

silverdreams92

Team Rocket member at heart
    Years
  • I was until about a year ago. I used to not be able to sleep facing away from my doorway, and would freak out at the slightest noise. I`m not as bad anymore, but I still need to sleep with a light on in a room I can see clearly into from my bedroom. It just comforts me.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Whoa, talk about paranoia. :x

Though circumstances are people would feel that way if they lived in a bad neighbourhood, or they don't feel their house is secure enough. But yeah, that's.. really bad paranoia. XD;

My house is probably the safest place I know, plus my parents are pretty paranoid people and make us check if all the doors are locked before going to bed, so I don't feel the need to think thoughts that someone evil is lurking outside my house. Paranoia like that is probably the cause of insomnia and why people are scared of the dark, which sucks. I have no trouble sleeping, no matter where I am and usually problems I have is what keeps me up at night, but I rarely have problems, so I sleep fine.

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
  • No I didn't,until just now.:paranoid:
    All the lights in my room were off so I got scared and ran to the light and turned it on as fast as I could.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • Definitely. I'm always the last one to go asleep in my family. On visits to the bathroom at night I carry my dog with me to the bathroom, look everywhere, and then rush to get to the bathroom. I listen to music to stop hearing the noises of the fridge or the cars outside or of the fan. I used to have a nightlight until it stopped working, but now I'm fine in the dark, but I still hate the darkness. I often have horrible visions of myself getting stabbed through the stomach or neck in the middle of the night.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Ugh, I'm such a light sleeper. I The air conditioner clicking on jolts me awake (and thats a soft sound) I get paranoid when car lights go by my window >:(

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Not until you brought the subject up :P

I used to have terrible sleep problems and I had to sleep right next to my parents bed for a whole month! But then my Doctor prescribed Melatonin which helps me get to sleep so I usually use that if I'm scared or if it's past midnight and I'm on the computer and I have to wake up early the next day !! (current situation*)

But now I am usually fine ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah whenever I'm hesitant to sleep Gummy comes along and makes IT better~

But seriously, I'm fine with sleeping. Sometimes I wonder how I'm supposed to sleep, but that's all. XD;

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I used to be petrified something was going to happen to either my family or myself during the nighttime, when I was a child. I remember having horrible nightmares of murderers or monsters coming in and killing everyone, and I was nothing shy of helpless. ._. Pretty scary dreams for someone so young.

Needless to say, this developed into a fairly large case of insomnia when I grew up a little. I was on medication for it for a few years, but I slowly lost the need to use it. Now, I can sleep just fine with no issues - and no nightmares, to boot! o/

Though, I usually like to have some kind of white-noise in the background. Television, fan, radio, etc. Just something to block out the other, more sporadic noises of the night.

Back