• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avoid double posting

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
  • I just thought I'd post a word of advice for those who don't like to double post.

You're the last person who posted in a thread, but it was three weeks ago, and you're looking to revive the thread, right? Copy and paste the contents of your last post to Notepad or something, for safe keeping. Then delete that post (in the edit screen). Now all you need to do is make a new post with the copied contents, plus a new addition, if you desire.

For example:

Kyogre-chan [Jan 1st]:
    Hey guys, I'll post some work in 2 weeks.
    Kyogre-chan [Jan 14th]:
    Here is the work I promised...

Becomes...

Kyogre-chan [Jan 14th]:
    Hey guys, here is the work I promised...

Enjoy. :)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    In a case such as that though a double post is fine to alert everyone there's new work. Double posting is only banned otherwise because it breaks the flow of conversation. However in that case it'd revive conversation, as promised.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • double-posting annoys me i don't know y put rarely it'z okay but if it'z common ><. This thread seems lik a good idea for new ppl though.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • I thin thats cool. I knew about it before though. lol
    But yeah good for somone to point it out

Back