• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Questions about Ruby/Sapphire (VERY BIG GLITCH! NOT BERRY GLITCH)

HanaTanaka

Former Pokemon master
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I heard that you could encounter 'M in Ru/Sa and I wondered what was the code to do that, besides I think that why would the programmers stuff him in the game after 9 years of hearing the same glitch?! I REALLY REALLY want to see the 'M in my Ruby. Wonder what it would look with the nicer graphics of Ru/Sa? O_o

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • hmm i dont really have the answer to your question....
    but youve put it in the wrong section, this should be in the R/S forum

you beat me to it

HanaTanaka

Former Pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I heard that in Ruby/Sapphire it might look like two big fat ? marks right next to each other. But I suspect it might be a different kind of MissingNo because in R/b/y it didn't look like ? marks, it looked more like #######
    #######
    #######
    ###########
    ###########
    ###########

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    even though ur new pleeeeze dunt double post..ive never heard of this glitch ......... *wonders if ne1 else has*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's not a glitch, but a mistake when you're inputting gameshark codes. You see those question mark board like creatures... when you see them, it's the result of a failed code. (don't feel like going into details how they're made and etc... but they're the result of failed codes and will *never* appear in the wild if you've never touched a cheating device)

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • yeah ive seen it. theres about 4 types of him in r/s.one of them is very bad it can wreck your game.

HanaTanaka

Former Pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Very bad and wreck your game? Is that about like... a 'M bad egg instead of a MissingNo bad egg?

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    It only happens if you mess up a codes on GSSP.I never learns anything else but tackle,and there not even worth battling if you wanna get easy EXP.Points.they only give 2 i believe.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • O_o There are only 2 types of Missingno. in Ru/Sa. It's also in Emerald, I believe.

The first one is one with two big (and slightly pixelated) question marks. This one is the "safe" one, I don't know what it does though. The other one is a circle with a question mark in the middle (not pixelated). This one can stuff up your game, etc. I've heard that it can delete your game, wipe your computer, etc. without warning.

HanaTanaka

Former Pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    You mean the same circle with the question mark?? We see in the pokedex when there is a unknown pokemon you've never seen before? O_o

Sçîxzor

Banned
    Years
  • If you get hacked into an RS rom,There are 25 types of ? pokemon in wich they would be reffered as "Copies of MissingNos" but there is another space before bulbasaur,its pokemon number 0,Who would that be? Yes,That is that original missingno.
    There are 26 types of missingnos there on RS,Theyre images are the big ? signs at the pokedex when you dont have a slot complete.
    If you hack into it,And remove the trigger/event of when birch is in trouble and dont get a pokemon at the bag and go to the grass at R.101 and a pokemon pops out,Brendan says :
    GO ?!! or says GO ?????????!!!
    Or just says GO ! and the big ? sign pops out with 0 Attacks,0 hp,Lv:0,No stats at all.
    Its a waste of time cause its just inutil and those things that would be reffered as "MissingNOs" are just graphics used at an empty slot at a pokedex but considered as a pokemon.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    king kode

HanaTanaka said:
    I heard that you could encounter 'M in Ru/Sa and I wondered what was the code to do that, besides I think that why would the programmers stuff him in the game after 9 years of hearing the same glitch?! I REALLY REALLY want to see the 'M in my Ruby. Wonder what it would look with the nicer graphics of Ru/Sa? O_o

first of all, you are posting in the wrong section, but i will answer your question. first, find your rival when you are not supposed to battle her/him. save your game, then talk to him/her. right when s/he is saying the last sentence, shut the game off. turn it back on, and go to shoal cave in mossdeep city. save your game before you enter, then enter. but quickly before you see shoal cave, in that second when where the screen is all black, shut the game off. turn it back on, and you should see yourself in the middle of the entrance. press the a button, and 'M will appear. it will be recorded as #000, but be careful, if you do catch it, then all of your pokedex data will disappear. it's never worked for me, just to let you know.

Back