• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The fan is too loud, and I don't like that clock.

Does it annoy you when the small things change?

• Yes! It makes all things wrong with the world. D=

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Nah. Everything has to change.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Honestly? I'm usually that busy that I don't notice things changing.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
  • We recently got a new extractor fan in the bathroom (one of those things that stops condensation) and it's really loud and annoying, makes me miss the old one that whirred and struggled against the wind.

My mother also got this new clock to put on the landing outside our bedrooms, and it ticks really loudly. It's so very annoying.

My point? The small things changing. Does it annoy you when the little everyday things you're so used to and take for granted change? Care to share things like this that have happened to you,so we can all have a good moan together?

I'll leave you to ponder whilst I go pull apart a clock. (:

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I thought this was going to be a thread about noise OCD, and I thought you also had that issue too or something. >:0 I suppose I'm alone on that one.

I like change though, I'm constantly rearranging my room and buying cheap junk from antique shops. I can't ever get rid of things, though.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm obsessive compulsive and only very slightly autistic so yes, it does annoy me to a great extent. It messes up my world. Gah!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    When people tear down sixty year old wallpaper only to cover the walls in some crappy cream-coloured water-based paint it makes me sad.
    Small things though? No.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Ehhh.. changes or differences in appliances don't bother me provided that they work just as well if not better.

Clocks that are off by a minute (or even seconds) bug me to no end though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I like the status quo, a set routine. Changes do annoy me because they take time getting used to, but change happens. When networks on TV change their schedules around... it annoys me to no end. Same with our campus anime club, which always seems to meet in a different room each semester.

And don't get me started on when stores change their layouts...

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • I hate it when my school schedule changes ALL the time. You'll have this class in the morning one day, and the next day, it's the last class of the day.

The reason it annoys me is because my schedule often works against me so that I have inconvenient class times, especially with homework due dates.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    If it's a change I made, no, I wouldn't be bothered. I think very carefully before making one and regretted it only once or twice.

If it's a change that doesn't involve my life (in)directly, no, I wouldn't be bothered.

If it is a wise change someone else made, no, I wouldn't be bothered.

Hell breaks open only when someone makes a super silly change and would not change it back.

I do hate how inconsistent and unorganised some people can be. Change this now, change it again later, then one more time, and once more saying it's the last, after that change again. No wonder I hate trends

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Honestly, I grow attatched to everything in my daily life. Wether it's the garbage can, or my old colletcion of random pieces of bark from trees, I cannot stand change. Even the very layout of my room, I will get angry, freak out, go to my bed, cry, and then get over it in like a year.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • It annoys me when my mother randomly changes the layout of the living room, it's like I get home one day and find I can't open the door that goes directly into it from the passage because she's decided to push a chair up aganist it. D=

I don't think it's so much I can't accept change, it's just that I don't like to and find it kinda hard to do. =\ It's taken till yesterday just to change my theme on Pokecommunity. xD

Back