• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen EASY WAY TO STOP THE GHOST IN TOWER R/B/Y/

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
Years
well most of you r/b/y pokemon gamers you know how hard it is to go through silph co. and the ghost tower to identify the unkown ghost pokemon. Well i have found a very quick way. In the 5 floor shopping mall there is a shop keeper who sells a poke doll by one of these and on your encounter with the ghost use the pokedoll and the ghost will disapear!!! this saved me alot of time on my pokemon blue speedrun

Guest123_x1

Although I've never tried this (and I don't have the games anymore), this sounds more of a strategy than a cheat glitch.

Years
well most of you r/b/y pokemon gamers you know how hard it is to go through silph co. and the ghost tower to identify the unkown ghost pokemon. Well i have found a very quick way. In the 5 floor shopping mall there is a shop keeper who sells a poke doll by one of these and on your encounter with the ghost use the pokedoll and the ghost will disapear!!! this saved me alot of time on my pokemon blue speedrun

Oh, wow, really? I had no idea! I'll probably never do it, though, because I actually want the silph scope so that I can catch Gastly. But I can see how this would save a lot of time for speed runs.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
Years
Old news and not a glitch. If I remember correctly, my R/B guidebook told me I could either fight it or get a poke doll. You still get the silph scope to see the pokemon.

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
Interesting...I never thought of that.
But I think I'll stick with the Silph Scope, mostly because I get more experience (fighting the Rockets), and I don't have the patience to do a speedrun, so...yeah.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Don't most speed runs not allow glitch abuse? Otherwise you could just use the Mew glitch at the start of the game to get powerful Pokemon.

Back