• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun 3

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • After the huge success of Golden Sun, and Golden Sun 2, what do you think (if there are any plans), the next Golden Sun game should feature?

There should be at least 2 new characters introduced, but not dumping the original cast from 1 and 2. Maybe a new djinn element, in a form of electricity, and more psyenergy to use in and out of battle.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Golden Sun III...

I would like to see some Psynergy that goes past the third form, like, to level 10.

And for those single person attacks(Ragnarok, Odysey), I would like Psynergy that goes past the second form. Like to level 5.

Two or four new chars would be nice. Figuring out what happened after Golden Sun was born would be cool too.

I would like to see all of Weyard Accessable, and the inside of the planet too(because thats where we left off anyway)

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • protoman said:
    i think golden sun 3 should be about stoping alex(what did he fall of that cliff at the end of the second one and die?)
    I don't think he died.

That's why I said I would like to have the inside of the planet to be accessable, because that's where he went.

I'd like to also see a love story between Isaac and Mia :P

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • i was thinking of this a while ago, and thought up a plot... ok, alex survives the falling of the mountain thingy and still has some of the golden sun's power doom... so, he goes to cause chaos and mischief for some reason, to test his new powers, probably... by destroying the town that the main character from #1 lives in...again, i think... so he does, and ivan or whoever is all mad, so he goes to kill alex, alex knows that ivan is more powerful, so he uns away, and gets into a temple or something and finds a weapon that lets him steal psynergy...so he does, and leaves them weak and him strong...then he goes away because if he just killed them, the game would end fairly quickly... anyway, he goes off, (probably because he wants to toy with them first, which is the excuse for every evil guy to not kill them and be over with it so the characters can level up and have a chance...) so they need to get their psynergy strong again(which also explains why they would be weak again in the beginning...)
    by collecting more djynn or however it's spelled, going to djynn isle, which is composed of 6 sections, fire, water, earth, air, neutral and some other one, where the djynn leader dude lives... anyway, to get their psynergy back, they gotta collect the boss of each element, and then beat the djynn boss guy...the djynn boss guy gives them his power, and they can save the daay...or week...or whatever. yeah, it would take a lot longer than that example, but that's just the basic point

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Alex's seems to be very obnoxious when it comes to his power, it would have be be a very powerful person for him to run from, almost like a god, but I like the djinn idea though.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • seraphim said:
    i was thinking of this a while ago, and thought up a plot... ok, alex survives the falling of the mountain thingy and still has some of the golden sun's power doom... so, he goes to cause chaos and mischief for some reason, to test his new powers, probably... by destroying the town that the main character from #1 lives in...again, i think... so he does, and ivan or whoever is all mad, so he goes to kill alex, alex knows that ivan is more powerful, so he uns away, and gets into a temple or something and finds a weapon that lets him steal psynergy...so he does, and leaves them weak and him strong...then he goes away because if he just killed them, the game would end fairly quickly... anyway, he goes off, (probably because he wants to toy with them first, which is the excuse for every evil guy to not kill them and be over with it so the characters can level up and have a chance...) so they need to get their psynergy strong again(which also explains why they would be weak again in the beginning...)
    by collecting more djynn or however it's spelled, going to djynn isle, which is composed of 6 sections, fire, water, earth, air, neutral and some other one, where the djynn leader dude lives... anyway, to get their psynergy back, they gotta collect the boss of each element, and then beat the djynn boss guy...the djynn boss guy gives them his power, and they can save the daay...or week...or whatever. yeah, it would take a lot longer than that example, but that's just the basic point
    That would be cool.

Hey I got an idea, let's post what we think the game will be like, or what we wish it would be like. Like a fanfic, but not detailed, or in a story format.

I think that Isaac and Felix will start off on their own adventure(it looked like they were going to anyway at the end of GS2). The Wise One said that even though Isaac threw the Mars Star into the lighthouse, he still had some of the power inside of him, meaning that Isaac should have some kind of direct connection to the power of the Golden Sun(even though we all think it's gone)

So based on that, Isaac will naturally be the new leader, because he is the only one that can lead everyone to Alex/WiseOne/GoldenSun(all three).

There's pretty much the game's setting. So the game will start of(after an awesome CG cinema XD) with Isaac getting strange thoughts and feelings, and realizing that Alex is still alive. Felix suggests that they go to find out who or what is going on at all costs.

Of course, the game will start off with numerous side-mission kinds of activities. Saving a town, traviling through a cave, getting a new character, possibly a lighthouse... before the real story gets going.

After all that jazz, Felix and Isaac eventually get another character(if they haven't already), or maybe even two characters. Possibly light or dark characters.

Two or three Djinn for everyone, then the game's storyline will twist and turn. Questions are asked like:
    "Where's the Light or Dark lighthouses?"
    "Why did <insert character here> do <insert action here>?"
    etc...

Then some answers are revealed(or falsely revealed. We learned that what we think is true, my be a total lie, from GS1 and GS2)

More side-mission type activities... Figuring out the origin of Djinn. Getting a new Light or Dark Star... that kind of thing.

The group will eventually catch up with most of the others. Everyone on the team has around 5-7 Djinn at this point.

Then the uber 'best friend, worst enemy' part(like Cloud Strife or something XD) comes through with Isaac not knowing what to do. Having disbelief in his ability to run the team, etc

Trials and Tribulations are commenced, and Isaac eventually overcomes these problems. The group meets up with few remaining friends, and continues on back to their hometown.

At this point, everyone has most of their Djinn, and there are few side-mission type events. All side-mission type events are strictly optional at this point.

The group finds out that the Light and Dark(Moon and Pluto?) lighthouses are inside of Weyard(the planet), and that's why Golden Sun was never completed(and Alex didn't become all-powerful)

Everyone thinks Alex is dead(maybe even Isaac thinks so at this point), so they don't think that Lighting the lighthouses will be any trouble. They all just want to get it over with, gain the power of the Golden Sun(to fix up Weyard, and become protectors of it once again), and finnally GET OUT

When they finish both lighthouses, they realize that they have just made Alex all-powerful, and the final fight begins. Everyone has about 18 Djinn each, and only the will to survive to win.

So what do you think about that? It sounds kinda stupid, because I gave away the fact that Alex was still alive at the begining. But if the audience thinks that Alex is dead(and the storyline will promote that), then it would be one of those "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED" kinda thing.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • and for once, or at least for one game i would buy, there has to be a secret thing that is very hard to get, but insanely powerful... like, a sword that gives maxed attack, or a psynergy move that did like, 5000 damage or something...but it would be in the back of a reeeeally long cave or you would have to do a long chain of random sidequests to get it... actually, that's kind of like ff7 with knights of the round table and omnislash...and golden sun 2 with that cave with the summon guy in it... but you know what i mean...

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • seraphim said:
    and for once, or at least for one game i would buy, there has to be a secret thing that is very hard to get, but insanely powerful... like, a sword that gives maxed attack, or a psynergy move that did like, 5000 damage or something...but it would be in the back of a reeeeally long cave or you would have to do a long chain of random sidequests to get it... actually, that's kind of like ff7 with knights of the round table and omnislash...and golden sun 2 with that cave with the summon guy in it... but you know what i mean...
    I kinda agree, and I kinda disagree. I want something to be extremely hard to get, but not as powerful as you say.

I want the hardest item to get in the game, to just be a step over the normal items.(For example, if this was GS2, Sol Blade would be extremely hard to get, but not any stronger than it already is)

Thats just me

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • But then again, most of the "extremely hard to get" items are usually weaker than the other items. Recall the extremely rare Excalibur.

protoman

everyone got to read!
    Years
  • LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    I don't think he died.

That's why I said I would like to have the inside of the planet to be accessable, because that's where he went.

I'd like to also see a love story between Isaac and Mia :P
    the game is too good to have a love story.but if there was on it should be Isaac and jenna,hey did you know that Isaac and Garet are cusions!
    [edit] in the first game the wise one said that felx will save the world or some thing like that.but the only world saving thing he has done is defeting doom dragon.and felx in that battle would faint, so that was a bad prodiction the wise one made[/edit]
    [edit2] i hope the game will be on the game cube(or the ds) and gba (or what ever new hand held system nintendo thinks of)so they can link up and you can send your data from the gba to the gc.but they still have the same story line[/edit2]

Last edited:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • protoman said:
    the game is too good to have a love story.but if there was on it should be Isaac and jenna,hey did you know that Isaac and Garet are cusions!
    [edit] in the first game the wise one said that felx will save the world or some thing like that.but the only world saving thing he has done is defeting doom dragon.and felx in that battle would faint, so that was a bad prodiction the wise one made[/edit]
    [edit2] i hope the game will be on the game cube(or the ds) and gba (or what ever new hand held system nintendo thinks of)so they can link up and you can send your data from the gba to the gc.but they still have the same story line[/edit2]
    Incase you don't know... Jenna and Garet are lovers XD

The wise one never said anything about Felix saving the world.

And I hope it's for Gamecube

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • protoman said:

There series has gone too far to already ship it onto a console, Nintendo DS most likely, but not Gamecube, for that to happen the series would have to be nearing completion.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Does anyone remember that huge load of speculation about Golden Sun being on Gamecube at the last TGS and e3?

For some reason lots of lists out on the net had Golden Sun out on the net, and next to it, for it's platform, it said GCN.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • I am not terribly confident that there will be another Golden Sun...however wasn't there a clear data at the end of Lost Age?

Things they should add...
    ~A second form of certain Djinn and or Summons.
    ~What is beyond the falls that make the border of their world.
    ~Maybe through in a couple of twists...like what happened to Alex?

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I never thought about the world map, because on a Island there is talk about the falls at the end of the map, it would be interesting to see whats that about.

DarkRaikou

The Annoying Error 404 :P
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    I would like a GS3, I think there will be one, due to the amount of cliffhangers left on The Lost Age. 1) What happens to Alex 2)Where willl become of Weyard now alchemy has been unleased 3)Will Vale be rebuilt 4)Will the people in Lalivero find Sheba.

If there isn't going to be a GS3, then there is an explination for the save data at the end, it can be used for Easy mode.

Here is a news article on GS3 and it seems to be official (but its old) http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4429

Shi-goyle

Pokemon Eater
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2004
    Golden Sun 1 was very misleading, I was expecting more Golden Suns, but not one was mentioned, I want a refund

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Questions in Golden Sun lead to the sequel to Golden Sun 2, if you were to say misleading you would have to blame GS2 but even then there are many unanswered questions.

Back