• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Kangaskhan be removed from the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    As I'm sure you're aware, the Kangaskhan problem has reached boiling point in recent months with the revelation that she will feature in HG/SS. We have had to put up with Kangaskhan in our Pokemon games for over ten years now and it's getting a bit hard to tolerate, don't you think? It's starting to seem as though she'll be around forever, and I despair at that thought.

Do you agree that Game Freak should remove Kangaskhan from the series altogether and replace her with something else? Because this is getting beyond a joke.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • I don't think they should get rid of any Pokémon. I didn't realise Kangaskhan bothered people.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • What are you talking about?

I just don't... What?!

Ugh... I need to quote.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Kangaskhan problem has reached boiling point in recent months
    What are you talking about? Nobody is angry at Kangaskhan, that would be ridiculous to be angry at a fictional character.

with the revelation that she will feature in HG/SS
    Oh yes big revelation, a Pokemon that was in every main series Pokemon game thus far is going to be in the next games, wow, I totally didn't see that coming.

We have had to put up with Kangaskhan in our Pokemon games for over ten years now and it's getting a bit hard to tolerate, don't you think?
    Not really, I tolerate Tangrowth and everybody else tolerates Bidoof with no problem at all.

It's starting to seem as though she'll be around forever, and I despair at that thought.
    Of course she won't be around forever, when the series dies she'll die with it and besides, I despair at the thought of Sabrina dressing like a teenager but that didn't stop Game Freak from dressing her like one.

Do you agree that Game Freak should remove Kangaskhan from the series altogether and replace her with something else?
    Remove a Pokemon from the game? Are you crazy? What about the people who actually like Kangaskhan, you know, like me. And replace her? Replace her with what exactly? What do you mean? Do mean make another totally different Pokemon to fill her sot in the dex or a Pokemon like her but different? Explain.

Because this is getting beyond a joke.
    This whole thread's a joke. Please tell me it is one.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In before closed
    April is still some time away, and I never heard of anything bad about Kangaskhan, except for its insane rareness. So, why banning it? They didn't replace jynx some years ago as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I'm so happy I could cry, I found my first chance to /facepalm on this forum, I was worried for a bit this place would be sane. :')

Seriously though, ya wha...? Kangaskhan may not be the greatest pokemon in the game, but she isn't hurting anyone. Besides, she's crazy rare, if she bothers you so much just don't catch one...

Anyway, Kangaskan is cubones mummy, would you really be so mean to the little cutie-pie? :(

I despair at the thought of Sabrina dressing like a teenager but that didn't stop Game Freak from dressing her like one.

Liltte off topic I know, but I like her new look...

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • This thread and suggestion is pointless, a pokemon isnt gonna get removed! The pokemon design team (ken sugimori 1-151) have designed well over 1000 pokemon but they don't all get accepted. If gamefreak had a problem with Kangaskhan they wouldnt have added it to the games!

This thread and suggestion is pointless, a pokemon will never be removed from the pokedex.The design team (ken sugimori 1-151) have designed well over a 1000 pokemon, but they dont all get accepted, Kangaskan was accepted and will not be removed!

Anyway, Kangaskan is cubones mummy, would you really be so mean to the little cutie-pie? :(
    What are you talking about!? Marowak is cubones mother!

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • ..hmm, I have to agree with the posters above me - this thread is bordering on pointless. I mean, when you say "We've had enough" aren't you referring more to yourself? I mean, honestly, I've never seen anything wrong with Kangaskan and I don't think many people do. Anyway, I can't really close this thread as it doesn't break any rules, however, please think your threads through next time before posting them and back it up with a little more evidence.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    What are you talking about!? Marowak is cubones mother!

cubone.png

Obviously she isn't really cubones mum, but you gotta admit the similarities are striking.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.

Still, come on Jolene, if "we" are so fed up with Kanghaskan, then get someone else to back up your argument.

I personally love Kanghaskan, mainly due to the fact the in over 100 hours on LeafGreen, i have yet to find one.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I never realised that anybody had a problem with Kangaskhan. :S It's not a bad Pokémon at all.

It should not be removed from the game, Jynx never was and that Pokémon caused a bit of trouble if I remember correctly. Kangaskahn's been in the Pokémon games since the originals, if it wasn't removed then why would they do it now?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Urrrm. I love Kangaskhan, I think the fact that its so ultra rare and almost forgotten makes it more... appealing? idk.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Why are people bad mouthing Jynx? I don't think a whole lot of people hate her.

Liltte off topic I know, but I like her new look...
    It's not a question of whether it looks good or not it's a question of "Is this how Sabrina should look?"

Years
  • What. What are you talking about?
    If anything I want to see the line expanded. Give me a Genghiskhan, the male Kanga. Give me the baby pre-evo. These would be incredible additions. It has so much potential. I'm with the others. She's great. I love her. Why would you ever "remove" a pokemon from play. Sad.
    Actually because of this thread I'm going to do a Kanga run. Thanks.

Dear 5th gen,
    Please include new pokemon in the Kangaskhan line. We would love them.
    Love,
    Mewtwo's Bagel

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Some oversensitive journalist saw jynx, yelled racism and got nintendo in trouble.

It's not a question of whether it looks good or not it's a question of "Is this how Sabrina should look?"
    Meh, she's only 21 (or 24 in these games, I dunno), she can't super serious all the time. But hey, I'm not all that bothered by it to be honest, so I'll just drop it now. :)

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Kangaskhan is one of my favourite Pokémon because of its rareness, and it's one of the more interesting Gen. 1 Pokémon.

"We"? Like others have said, I'm pretty sure "We" means you. Sure, you may not like it, so you're saying they should remove it just because some people don't like it? I strongly dislike Bidoof, but y'know...I wouldn't want it REMOVED!

But I agree with people that it needs an evolution line.

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Kangaskan? Really? Personally, I think Pikachu should be removed from the series. That little rodent flaunts around its popularity like it's a showpiece, and the way it stares with its beady little eyes that resemble portals opening to hell... I'm having a breakdown just thinking about it. Really, a seizure and all. Really guys. Seriously.

Recent reports also say that it spits on babies and then steals their candy. Please Gamefreak, remove this baby-spitting rodent from your games! Think of the children!

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is a joke thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back